2,474 results
All reviewslazy riverocean frontparking deckbreakfast buffetliving roomhot tubseveral yearskiddie poolfull kitchenthe past yearsgreat vacationfamily vacationwasher and dryergreat resortoff seasonoceanfront roomfreddie
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We always love to stay at Beach Colony Resort. We always enjoy our time here. We came here for a family get away...which we usually do every so often. We have never had any complaints about the service or facilities, The resort is in a great area of Myrtle Beach and close by to many great places to shop or eat. Thanks for the Great memories!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa C
Nicole H, Guest Service Supervisor at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Lisa C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review for us. We can't tell you how much we appreciate your kind words and continued patronage. We hope to see you again soon so we can continue to create some great memories together.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have stayed on different parts of North and South Ocean Blvd and this end of North Ocean was very pleasant, relaxing and peaceful. This resort was well maintained and the staff were very friendly and accomodating. I had a 2 bedroom suite with an oceanview and balcony, frig, microwave and stove and sink, sofa also let out to a bed, plenty of sleeping space. I love the landscape around the resort, it made me feel like i was in Jamaica. I will definitely stay at this resort again.

Room Tip: always select an oceanview with a balcony, you will not be disappointed :)
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Roslyn d,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments in regards to your recent stay with us here at Beach Colony. We are all very happy to see that you had a great time while with us and do plan on returning again in the future.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

After a two year hiatus, my wife and I returned to this resort. Although it is an older facility, the staff and accomodations are what keep us coming back. The condo units, especially in the bathroom area, are dated. We noted that the shower/tub, double sink, lighting and fixtures were all updated recently in unit 1703. The sunken living room/kitchenette area is a large attraction for oceanfront rooms/units. The staff made us feel at home for six days! Please exercise care when using the parking garage as it is tight. Although the Dunes Village Resort(renovated and added to) located next door is more modern, the rooms/units do not compare to the "at home" feeling of those at the Beach Colony Resort. We mentioned to the front desk personnel that we returned home and are now planning our next trip to the beach, only staying at Beach Colony!!!!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors provide a better view of the oceanfront, in our humble opinion.
1  Thank Whiccup

Dear Wiccup,

Thank you for choosing to come back and for the kind words. We think we have a wonderful staff who do take great care of the property and it is so rewarding to hear from guests who have chosen to return. We are continually encouraging owners to renovate and update their rooms, so that we can provide a comfortable home away from home for each of our guests. I also tend to agree in my own humble opinon that the higher rooms have some breathtaking views. We look forward to hosting you and yours again soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The beach colony was great for us as a last minute booking! We were very satisfied with exceptional staff and service they provided. Yes, the rooms could use a few updates, but the exceptional service makes up were the rooms lacked a little luster. The location is ideal for couples & families. The amenities are great and well kept! It is easily located and the parking is tight but manageable!

Room Tip: Ask for an oceanfront room-

Dear Christy_M5040,

Thank you for the positive comments about our staff and the property. I know how hard the staff works and it is always wonderful to pass on your good comments. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Booked a last minute getaway which turned out to be not as simple as I had hoped, but Warren in reservations just about stood on his head to make it happen, for which I will be eternally grateful! First night was a two bedroom ocean view which was modestly but nicely decorated, clean and fairly comfortable beds. Had to switch the next night to an 18th floor ocean front (#1806) that maybe could have used some refreshing but I have seen worse! Everybody on staff was polite and friendly, good location well north of the "main drag" and even the ocean view rooms had a decent view of the ocean. Pools/hot tubs might have been on the small side but were well maintained. My only real gripe is that the parking garage is TIGHT! Overall I did enjoy it here and would not hesitate to book again.

Dear khu455,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review with us here regarding your recent stay. I'm pleased to hear that although you found our resort to be a misxed bag, you were able to also find all of the good that we have to offer. I do also want to let you know that we are continuously discussing with our homeowners updating furniture and other items in our units to ensure a great guest experience and first rate rooms. Thank you again for choosing Beach Colony and we cant wait to host you again in the future.