Message from TripAdvisor:

“Great place to stay”

Beach Colony Resort
Ranked #23 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Rooms were clean and well layed out. Price was good. Location was good. Access to the beach was great. Ocean front room had great view. Parking garage was my only issue. But it was manageable. Over all we had a great time. I would recommend it to anyone and we will be coming back to this resort.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank MartinC1346
Nicole H, Guest Service Supervisor at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear MartinC1346,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you were able to enjoy all the great things that Beach Colony has to offer and appreciate you taking the time to recommend us to others. Great word of mouth is how any business flourishes and we can't thank you enough for spreading ours. We can't wait to have you and yours stay with us agian soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just spent 5 days here in an oceanfront executive suite on the 15th floor.

Hotel: friendly service at check in; could use more space for parking at check in; quiet location; parking garage is interesting as others have described; not really a problem since most people leave at the same time for dinner and come back at varying times; elevators are well marked for the floor you need; we couldn't hear noises/sounds outside our room.

Room: bathroom had been redone (grabite counters); the carpet (Berber) and ceramic tile floors looked newer as well; balcony had the tile too; loved having the separate bedroom; beds were firm and comfy for us; kitchen had everything needed for cooking except a peeler; 2 tvs and DVD player in bedroom.

Housekeeping: my privacy was respected as I didn't want room cleaned every day; just had the bathroom and trash taken care of.

Staff: everyone we talked to were friendly and helpful.

Pools and grounds: clean and busy at all times; loved using one of the 4 hammocks, which were never busy; noticed kids activities scheduled daily.

Dining: only bought a blended drink from the pool bar - not strong at all for $8!

The only thing I can complain about is for a non-smoking hotel, I wish that included the balcony. Most times when I'd go sit out there, I'd only get sent back in due to the smell of smoke. One time, it wasn't even just cigarette smoke.

My daughter and I enjoyed our stay here. We would definitively consider staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cammah

Dear Cammah,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay, I am very happy to see that you enjoyed the fantastic staff and the feel special things we supply like hammocks. I do also want to apologize that your ability to sit on the balcony was hindered and hope that you are able to bring the problem to our attention for future visits so that we can attempt to solve the problem. Thank you again for sharing your comments, and I look forward to having the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Good place to stay locate very close to broadway at the beach.. Staff very nice even the maid service Gloria was great .. Notice they had activities going on with the kids which was nice haven't noticed that in the past . We have stayed there the last 3 years

1  Thank Sarah D

Dear Sarah D,

Thank you so much for your continued support and patronage, we appreciate you posting a review on your recent stay with us here at Beach Colony Resort. I am happy to hear that you were able to experience our incredible housekeeping staff, and that you were able to see our activites offered for kids. We strive to be a very family friendly resort and this is just one of the many things we have brought here to help that happen. We look forward to hosting you and yours soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a wonderful time! Our room was clean and good size! We loved the mixed drinks the daiquiris were amazing! :) wish we could have stayed longer! The elevators were a little slow but the place was completely booked up during our stay. There was plenty of parking but other drivers make the parking garage a little scary since it is tight going around the turns and they don't watch their mirrors.

Room Tip: I wish we would have got the oceanfront room! The view on the side was limited but you can watch fir...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MirandaZ2

Dear Miranda22,

Thank you so much for sharing this reveiw on your recent stay with us. I am so excited to hear that your stay was great and that you were able to take advantage of our fantastic Ocean Lounge and Poolside bar. We can't wait to have you and yours stay with us again!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and i were first going to drive 12 hours with a 16 month old, & then decided to go to Myrtle beach instead making it a shorter drive. When we first got there the condo had everything we needed to cook with which was awesome! It wasnt guranteed but it was nice that ours had one. The day time events they did was for all ages & the lazy river was the perfect way to relax,even my son enjoyed the both. I loved that i could walk onto the beach & sit for a few & then come back & lay in the lazy river. at times the lazy river got crowded with kids, but other than that they were perfect ! If we needed anything they were on top of it! i recommend this hotel !! & i will be coming back next year !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank paige_spencer92

Dear paige_spencer92,

Thank you so much for the great review on your stay with us here at Beach Colony Resort. I am delighted to see that you and your entire family had a fantastic time and want to thank you for any recommendations that you have been giving out, as we certainly rely on word of mouth as the best type of advertisement. We cant wait to have you with us again in the future and hope you and your family have a great summer.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This disgusting experience started on June 22, 2013. I wanted to give the management time to respond to this mess. As of this writing date July 07, 2013 i have had no response from the management, Jim Shipley, after several conversations with staff . Room 2017 second floor, inserted card key- green light -door stuck, several attempts would not open, finally THE DOOR opened. floor tile at door loose, room very musty, my son started sneezing almost immediately upon entering, entry hall tile elevated ( about 6 tiles humped up) my mother stumbled as she walked on them every step a crunching sound, kitchen sink vanity cabinet hanging open would not shut, someone had folded a tissue box lid to for a wedge to attempt to keep cabinet closed. The refrigerator was RUSTY AND DIRTY, stove eyes would not set correctly and were not usable. Counter tops were badly WORN AND STAINED. The general overall appearence was bad STAINS, SCRAPES, MISSING TRIM ,MY MOTHER FOUND SOME MISSING ROOM TRIM IN THE BOTTOM OF THE CLOSET. bathrooms rough and stained,SOFA BED MATTRESS BADLY STAINED AND TORN.......WHAT A DUMP....Sunday morning at 9 am I TRIED TO OPEN THE DOOR AND COULD NOT, IT WAS STUCK , PULLING HARD IT FINALLY OPENED, IT WAS RUBBING THE FRAME BADLY, went to the front desk to inform management about this mess, they said they would have to send maitence to the room to EVALUATE THE EXTENT OF REPAIRS? Larry the maitence man came, oiled the door, caulked a floor tile, looked at all the other raised floor tiles and said that this room NEEDED TOO MANY REPAIRS and was not to be used until it was released on the rental program, ----Larry went with me to the front desk, I was told to relocate to room 1012. I was told that 10 am it would be ready in 45 minutes. We had to repack and set in that nasty room 2017 until 1:45 pm finally moved, kids excited about going to beach, a wasted day waiting to change rooms. NO APOLOGIES, ASSISTANCE OR COMPENSATION OFFERED. Room 2017 was ok. However, stove eyes were not installed properly, maitence man Johnny came to room looked and said the drip pan was not the correct size, he pulled out the rear left eye, layed it in the middle of the stove and said he would order one. WE WERE THERE ALL WEEK WITH A STOVE EYE LAYING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STOVE. ALL FOUR DOOR KEYS STOPPED WORKING ON FRIDAY NIGHT AFTER WE RETURNED FROM DINNER AT RED LOBSTER, WE RETURNED ONLY TO FIND OUR ENTRY DOOR AJAR NO KEYS WOULD OPEN IT. maitence man Johnny came to room, said all our keys had been erased due to cell phone contact, or the storm could have reset the locks, or the locks had been changed. We were only gone for a couple of hours. Johnny collected all our keys and told us to sit tight while he got us some new ones. Have made several calls to staff to talk to them, WHAT A SORRY EXPERIENCE, WILL DEFINITELY RETURN TO THE CARRIBBEAN JUST DOWN THE BEACH FROM THE (COLON.....Y )HAVE STAYED AT THE CARRIBBEAN CONSECTIVELY FOR OVER TEN YEARS ALWAYS PLEASED, THE COLONY WAS THE WORST

Room Tip: level two very ugly and loud roof top air conditioners stay away from room 2017
5  Thank barry b

Dear Barry B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. It is hard to hear that we dropped the ball during your stay and can assure you that is not indicative of our normal customer service. While reviews such as this are painful to hear, it provides a learning opportunity for the resort so that we can assure that this never happens for future guests. I apologize that Jim has not been able to respond to you in the expedient manner that you deserve, and I would be happy to speak to you regarding your experience at any time and make sure that the message is brought to the attention of those that it warrants.I hope that you and yours enjoy the rest of your summer and if there is anything futher that I can ever do for you please let me know.

843.449.4010 ext 7106
nhadad@beachcolony.com

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We booked and stayed at the property with the grim expectation of a typical ocean/tourist/expensive/problematic stay. Perhaps I am too cynical because we were very pleasantly surprised. The trip was for grandchildren and they had a ball. Yes, the rooms are old, the parking horrible and the food only passable, but those were minor issues. The pools and spa were clean; the beds were clean and comfortable; the towels and amenity items were replaced daily; and the staff was terrific. Next time I will take advantage of the stocked kitchenette that I somehow overlooked when I booked my stay. That is a great time and money saver. Once you reach a certain age, seeing things through the eyes of a child is the best way to see the beauty of your surroundings.

Room Tip: The ocean front balcony rooms are worth the extra cost for adult relaxation in the evenings.
1  Thank Mary W

Dear Mary W,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with us. I am thrilled to hear that we were able to surpass your expectations and that your grandchildren had a great time. We hope that you continue to choose Beach Coloby Resort for your next trip and that you and yours have a great year.