2,474 results
All reviewslazy riverocean frontparking deckbreakfast buffetliving roomhot tubseveral yearskiddie poolfull kitchenthe past yearsgreat vacationfamily vacationwasher and dryergreat resortoff seasonoceanfront roomfreddie
Reviewed December 17, 2011

My stay at the Beach Colony Resort was great. The rooms were very clean and the decor was appropriate for the location. Our room was a studio layout and it included a full kitchen. The location was great, and the staff were friendly. The breakfast was a traditional buffet, but there were waiters and waitresses to serve you drinks. I would definitely go again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Thank Mrs. Jane M
Tess P, Manager at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded today

Thank you for letting us know about your resort experience. We sincerely appreciate the stars you have given us. We look forward to having you come and stay with us again in the future!!

Reviewed December 10, 2011

I stayed here for a leisure convention with a tour group and this hotel was bearable, but not great. The elevators shake whenever you ride them (the elevators are quick) and on the first night I was scared to death so much that I prayed that I would make it up safely to the room(I ended up making it safely). We were on the 12th floor and it was an average view. I was in a 2 bedroom oceanview condo, and beware, each unit's decor is totally different. Also, DNR bans people in all Myrtle Beach hotels in the winter from going on the balconies because the sea gulls try to feed and make nests near the hotels. I was told the hotel is 24 years old and I betted that it was 25+ years old. Its age showed a lot, there was wear and tear but the rooms were clean. The breakfast was the standard continental breakfast fare and beware the quality of the pancakes, waffles, etc. are average. Also, in the summer, around 70 percent of the fellow guests tend to be rude and obnoxious (some of them drink alcohol or smoke near the swimming pools and areas where kids are around). Do not stay here in the peak seasons because this hotel is not worth the cost at $180+/night but in the winter the value is better when the rates go down to $60+//night this hotel is bearable.

Room Tip: Try to stay oceanfront if you can afford it because the oceanview rooms view is not good because it faces another building.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
RobDVMB, Manager at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

I would like to thank you for staying at Beach Colony Resort and taking the time to review our property. There are a couple items I would like to clarify in your review and I'll go in order. First DNR (Department of Natural Resources http://www.dnr.sc.gov/regulations.html ) does not have any rules banning use of the balconies in the winter. All guests are permitted on the balconies any time of year and any time they wish to enjoy the beautiful views and soothing sounds of the ocean waves. The section of the building you were in was actually opened in 1996 just 15 years ago. The oceanfront building was built first. The building you were in was actually built years later even though they are connected. We do not offer a continental breakfast we have a breakfast buffet in our restaurant daily (currently for $6.95). In the summer months we do have a pool bar that serves alcohol. We find most guests enjoy the opportunity to have a cold cocktail while relaxing near the pool in the hot sun. The majority of our guests are pleasant and enjoy themselves while visiting Beach Colony Resort. I am sorry for any bad experience you may have had while staying at Beach Colony. Please contact Robert Dowd or Jack Bledsoe if you would like to discuss your stay at 800-222-2141. Thank you!

Reviewed December 3, 2011

This is my 2nd stay at Beach Colony and it's a great location right on the beach. The hotel is very dated and needs updating. Each of the suites is privately owned, so each one is different. When we stayed in March the room was more updated with nicer finishes in the kitchen/bathroom. The room this time was very dated and looked original to the hotel. We got a great deal on the room, but sometimes I would rather pay a little more to get better rooms and service. Sometimes the other guests are interesting because of the cheap rate. It was very slow, but they put another family right beside us. The were smokers and smoked on the balcony non stop which came right into our room (we liked the balcony door open to hear the waves). The hotel has a very small gym, very small sauna and an inside pool and hot tub. They have a lounge/cafe are, but it has very weird hours. If your looking for a meal onsite the desk will normally send you to the neighboring hotel. The hotel is right on the beach, but you will have to drive to go to a restaurant or some stores. The parking deck is very scary... the clearance is very low and you become a pro at driving it by the end of your stay. After eating at the neighboring hotel (the Dunes), I think we're going to try them out next time. The cost will be about $15 more a night, but they offering nicer finishes and an overall newer hotel/resort.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor possible! The higher the better.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jsh8

Thank you for staying at Beach Colony Resort and for taking the time to post your reviews on Trip Advisor. Beach Colony is a great value and since we are a condo hotel each unit is individually owned and decorated. Beach Colony has an aggressive upgrade plan in place year to year to keep the units refreshed and looking great. I am sorry about the smokers in the room next to you, the majority of the rooms are non-smoking but we do still have a few smoking units available. If you ever have a situation like this again please feel free to let the office know so we can move you to another room where you may be more comfortable. The Oceanfront Lounge is opened on the Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 4pm-11pm. The restaurant Ocean Cafe is open each morning from 7am-11am for breakfast. During the busier season the lounge is open 11am until -- everyday. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back at Beach Colony Resort soon. If you have any questions or would like to discuss your stay in depth please feel free to contact Rob Dowd or Jack Bledsoe at 800-222-2141.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

Stayed at the Beach Colony in August 09. The area of this hotel is at the end away from the crowds. The beach was less than 100 feet from the hotel and was very clean. The room was exceptionally clean. Had the ocean view room which was nice, both in th morning and when the sun went down. Great view and great pitcures.. The outside pools were always clean and the lazy river was not as big as others in other hotels, but was still nice. The room had a small kitchenette which was great if you just wanted to releax in the room and cook something yourself. Never had any issues with the staff. From the location of the hotel you could get to other attraction fairly easy. I would have to say that I looked over many hotels in that area before picking the Beach Colony and boy am I glad,

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gerry W

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Although the weather didn't cooperate during our stay the last weekend in October, we were very pleased with Beach Colony. A great location away from the bustle of the crowded area but close enough to enjoy everything. The condo was clean, well furnished, and the staff was great. We were greeted by every employee we met and made to feel welcome. I will certainly visit this resort the next time I head to Myrtle Beach, and will recommend it to all my friends.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family