Message from TripAdvisor:

“Good enough for what you pay.”

Beach Colony Resort
Ranked #24 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 10, 2011

My mom and I stayed here last week. The ladies at the front desk were very friendly, and check in was fast. When we got to our room 1705 we found an old outdoor plastic chair in the bathroom along with a dirty washcloth and the balcony door was open. I told mom to hold off putting her stuff away while I call the front desk to see what was up. The front desk seemed concerned and helpful, someone came and removed the chair and we stayed in the room. I later found out that someone had been in there to check a leak from the ac or water tank and didn't clean up his mess. (or it could be that the room was never to be used that night, because I looked in that closet and it was still leaking) It didn't bother me though it wasn't on the bathroom floor just around the tank in a rubber seal.
Pros I loved the pools, lazy river, and the lighted walkway to the beach. The indoor pool was nice too. The balcony view from the 17 floor is AMAZING! I also love the layout of the room.
cons: Every thing in the room was outdated. The mini fridge was done, it kept things cool(well it actually froze our milk) but man it was ugly. The tv's worked just fine, but they are not flats screens.
As for the parking it's not as bad as some of the reviews make it out to be. I had to back up a few times to let someone get off the ramp but there's plenty of room for two cars to pass in the parking sections, just not on the ramp. Overall I would stay here again. I liked the price and the location.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor, the view is spectacular!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
RobDVMB, General Manager at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I would like you to know that the management at Beach Colony Resort takes these comments very seriously. I would like to assure you that we have investigated your situation thoroughly and have taken corrective action to rectify this issue. It is our goal to make each and every guest feel welcome and comfortable during their stay. We want you to think of Beach Colony Resort as your home away from home. If you should have any further questions or comments please feel free to contact Robert Dowd or Jack Bledsoe at (843) 449- 4010.

There are newer reviews for Beach Colony Resort

Reviewed August 5, 2011

My fiance and our best friends went for a trip and had a blast! Our room was EXACTLY how we saw it on the website very spacious and had a pool bar downstairs AND beach access (which is awesome). Our housekeeper's name was Rochelle she was phenomenal and very helpful when we needed anything. The front desk was very polite however when i tried calling down there i always got a busy tone as if someone took the phone off the hook, lol. There are a couple downsides to the hotel, PARKING PARKING PARKING. Parking here is horrendous, the parking garage is ideal for one way up and one way down, meaning if there's a car coming up/down i suggest you back up and get very far out of the way because its extremely narrow, so have good driving skills. If your a younger couple like us, the pool bar closes at i think 9/10ish which kinda stinks if you don't want to drive anywhere to drink. The price of the hotel is reasonable(for 5 days), but if its just you and your significant other there are plenty of beautiful places to stay for more reasonable prices (thank god we went with another couple or we would have been broke our whole trip! lol). We had a pleasant stay overall the hotel does have a full kitchen and a full size fridge which is very accommodating when staying for about a week, there are two larger size pools, a baby pool, a jacuzzi and a small lazy river. The food downstairs at the pool bar/restaurant is good (Chicken philly cheese steak is good), VOODOO JUICE IS AMAZING (but its 15.00 just fyi)

Room Tip: Oceanfront view!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank OolilcutebabyoO
Reviewed August 5, 2011

When we first got there and got into our room, I was disappointed and very upset. The rugs were sticky, the beds had springs popping out of them, the pans still had water in them, the dishes were put away wet, and the tub was disgusting. I went down to complain which is not really in my nature unless something really upsets me and was told they were booked up, but they could have someone clean the rugs but that did not take care of the mattress problem They offered 15% off my bill, but still, had the mattress to deal with. I have a bad back and there is not way I would have been able to get up in the morning on those beds. She told me they would reimburse me if I wanted to go elsewhere so I went back up to talk to my husband and as soon as I walked into the room, the phone rang...and guess what...all of a sudden an oceanfront room appeared to be available all of a sudden. So I went down to get the key to check it out, picked up my family from the 10th floor to go to the 12th floor. We went in and it was much better then the first room. So we decided to take it. We only had one day where we did not have such a great cleaning job. We got no coffee, no new kitchen towel, and was shorted some towels. The food at the lounge was good for the money. We ate lunch there one day and it was fine. The pools were cleaned every night, I never ever saw anything floating in the water. There were enough longe chairs for most people.

As for the parking garage, it was no big deal, go slow on the ramps, check the mirrors they have for you so you can see if a car is coming and you will be fine. There IS ENOUGH room for two cars to pass on the levels but not the ramps. Other then that, we had no problem parking our crossover. Always found a spot near the ramp to take you to the elevators which was very convenient. We did not eat breakfast there, we ate in our rooms each day. Staff was very courteous and friendly. All I can say is stay away from 1006 or at least until they update and clean the rugs and maybe update the bathtub a bit. We stayed in 1207 and was very pleased for the most part. The tub could use some updating but other then that, we were happy staying there.
My daughters who are 6 and 4 1/2 absolutely loved the pools. That is all we did all day, is go from one pool to the other. The pools in the morning were always sparkling clean. I would stay again as long as I get to see the room first this time and check around.

Room Tip: Before you accept your room, especially oceanfront, check everything from pots & pans to the bed...
3  Thank disapp0inted_family8

Thank you for your review. The management and staff at Beach Colony are very upset about the problems you encountered during your time with us. We sincerely apologize for the issues that you dealt with during your stay. All department heads have been made aware of this situation and will work diligently to make sure a situation like this does not occur again. We want to assure you that these problems are certainly not typical of our resort. as can be seen from the many other positive reviews about experiences at Beach Colony. Again please accept our sincere apologies and we hope you give us another chance to show you how amazing the Beach Colony really is! If you would like to discuss these issues further please feel free to contact Robert Dowd or Jack Bledsoe at 843-449-4010. Thank you!

Reviewed August 3, 2011

I found the Beach Colony Resort to be a nice place to visited though it was some miner adjustments they can do to the suites they need to check some of their box spring the one that was in our two bedroom was ragged and they need to upgrade all the TV"s If they going to have a Flat screen in the living rooms why not in all the rooms. I even visited the oceanfront one bedroom that was really nice! and even the condos. I understand that if you book early you can chose the room number in which you want to stay. There was a lovly nice polite house keeper name Helen we stay on the 5th floor she was just so nice & polite where do u find that kind of hospitality now these days!!! I will stay there again and to tell some of my family it's a nice place to stay. Oh one more they need to do something about that garage parking it will cost an accident some of the trucks can not get up on the next level!

1  Thank flyrightwithjackie
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Beach Colony Resort goes out of their way to make sure their guests have the most pleasant lodging experience possible. We were there five nights a week ago and the whole experience was really enjoyable. They have all the amenties a vacationer needs on their property. Rooms were nice and plenty big for a large family. Can't wait to go back. I would not hesitate to recommend Beach Colony Resort to others when visiting Myrtle Beach.

1  Thank Danny777_777_10
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My family & I stayed this wkend thurs- sun. The rooms were ok, but the refrigerator was old & smelled just like mold. U couldn't even sit in the chair beside the fridge from smelling that mess. The location was great, pools were also, the view by the ocean was awesome. Will I stay again yes if they check & replace that smelly refrigerator...

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank royal130brown

Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed here about a week ago for 4 days and 3 nights and everything was wonderful! The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were perfect! We also ate at the breakfast buffet and it was alot of food for a little money! The only thing that was wrong in our room was that the carpet was messed up around the mini fridge where we couldn't open it but we fixed it. Thank you for a wonderful trip!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple