We stayed at Ocean Creek Resort for the first time June 14-17 and had a fantastic stay. After reading some of the negative reviews, I was worried but do not let that deter you - it was a great resort, and we've stayed at many throughout Myrtle and N. Myrtle Beach and this by far was the best for the price.
It was my husband and I and our 18m old daughter. We stayed in one of the Lodge Villas, a one-bedroom. It was huge for a one bedroom and was really nice b/c it had a separate entranceway apart from the front bedroom unlike many where we've stayed in the past that just open directly into the bedroom. This had a long hallway, 1.5 baths and a large living/dining area and a screened porch. Our unit overlooked the pool and the screened porch was great b/c my toddler could go out there and I didn't have to worry about her safety. The unit was very clean, all the furniture was up-to-date, nothing fancy, but just what we needed. A full kitchen was tiny but we just needed it to store food and make snacks/lunch. I also found the villas to be very quiet - we did not hear any noise from next door or above or below us as you often do in condos and we were on the 3rd floor of a 4-story building -- there are elevators and luggage carts, which was so helpful. We were in Lodge 1 which was the best location I thought - the restaurant was in our building, the indoor pool direcctly across from us, an outdoor pool w/baby pool right there. They have a tram service that picks you up (free) and takes you down to the beachfront area -- sometimes waiting on the tram took too long so we just walked and it really was only a 5 min walk. The only complaint was that the indoor pool was freezing cold!!!
The private beachfront has another nice pool, baby pool, covered deck and snack bar...the food at the snack bar was a bit overpriced and did not offer not a lot of choices, but it was fine in a pinch. They also had alcoholic drinks too such as frozen daquiris. The best part was that there is a "creek" area where the ocean washes in and the water is very shallow, still and warm and it's huge and great for small children to play in - my toddler had a great time splashing in there.
We also got a free buffet breakfast every morning -- the restaraunt is small and got very crowded and one morning we didn't have the best service but for a free breakfast, you cannot complain. I just wish they would've offered a bit more variety on the buffet from day-to-day, but it was good. We also had free wireless Internet service in our room -- all rooms have this and that is great especially for those with spouses that cannot leave work behind! The property is gated and very private, very wooded and nicely landscaped. Everything was very clean and in good condition while we were there. We had to call the front desk several times during our stay for extra sheets or towels and they were always helpful and very prompt in responding to our requests.
We booked the villa directly from the Ocean Creek web site and got a great deal - you can book from individual owners as well but we got a cheaper rate this way, the free b'fast and were very pleased with our condo. We really loved it and will def. stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Message from TripAdvisor: Condominiums at the Ocean Creek Resort are owned and operated by several different management companies, so quality and service standards may vary. If you wish to book a specific unit or a unit owned or managed by a specific company, please ask about that unit before booking your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Vacatia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Ocean Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Creek Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Creek Resort Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Creek Myrtle Beach