We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit in Lodge I - it was on the 4th floor so the screened in porch looked out thru the trees tops at the walk way to the beach. While the unit wasn't plush with granite countertops and the like, it was very comfortable for our family of 5. Since it had 2 bathroom/showers, a full kitchen, eating area and nice living room area we felt like we were at home. We really liked the floor plan as the master bedroom was at one end of the unit and the 2nd bedroom was at the opposite end - made it great to send the kids to bed and we could relax and watch TV or sit out on the porch or enjoy the peace and quiet of the master bedroom.
The other part of Ocean Creek we really liked was the overall property - this place is big - it is not a single building on the beach with a parking lot around the building. The grounds are very nicely landscaped and all the previous reviews and comments on the grounds being wonderful are correct. There are a variety of unit types, IE: Towers, Lodges, Tennis Villas, Greens and Garden Homes. (The Towers are on the beach and the Lodges are just west of the Towers.) If you stay in the Villas, Greens or Garden Homes be prepared for a walk to the beach, or take the tram that shuttles to the beach. In addition to the pool down at the beach, each of the different unit types have their own pool - at times we were the only ones in the pool. While the Lodge units are not oceanfront/view, it was a very short walk to the Beach and they are half the price of a Tower unit. Since the Lodges are back in amongst the trees it is an extremely peaceful and relaxing setting!
We all enjoyed the beach and the pools, but the kids really liked the swash/creek between the Towers and the beach. At low tide the swash is one giant sand box to play in and at high tide its one giant water area to play in (no waves to beat up the little kids). I went to the hotel next door and took a picture of Ocean Creek's beach pool, swash and towers - see the pics (the buildings behind the tower in the photo are single family houses next door to Ocean Creek - the Lodges are to the right of the tower and out of frame in this photo). Since we rented the place by the week via another web site (I doubt TA wants me to promote some one else, so I wont say the other website) we did not have any daily housekeeping service.
Bottom line - for what you pay, there is no better value on the beach. Ocean Creek was a wondeful place for us and we will return to stay in the Lodges!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Message from TripAdvisor: Condominiums at the Ocean Creek Resort are owned and operated by several different management companies, so quality and service standards may vary. If you wish to book a specific unit or a unit owned or managed by a specific company, please ask about that unit before booking your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Ocean Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Creek Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Creek Resort Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Creek Myrtle Beach