I needed to write this review. I am the typr of person that spends a lot of time looking for the perfect place to stay. Money is a factor, but more important to me is that my family really enjoy themselves.
I booked online at the Ocean Creek site without a problem. The site is a realistic representation of the grounds, room etc.
Check in was not a problem. We were delighted at the condo in lodge 4 when we entered. it was a 1 bedroom and was very nicely decorated and maintained. For the $425.00 all in price for 4 nights I felt very satisfied and relieved to see this in person. The grounds are very large and a tram takes you to the beach, it is a nice short walk if you prefer.
Here is where it took a wrong turn. We came back late to our unit on the first night and saw cockroaches outside our unit, about 3 or 4 and then 1 in the hallway in our room. Now, to be fair matbe this is hard to get away from in the south, i am not qualified to say as i am from Canada near Toronto. We have cockroaches up here, but only in run down urban areas and they are about half the size of the kind we saw in Myrtle Beach. i imagine the cold winter helps keep the insect population in check up here. That being said i;m sure you can relate to the creepy feeling my wife and daughter got when they saw the roach in our unit and upon looking the roach trap behind the dresser in the bedroom.
i called the fromt desk and it didn't come as a shock to them.They were professional, but not apologetic about it. Thery moved us the next morning to a unit in lodge 2 at my request. Again we saw roaches outside of the new unit at night. In the morning following our second night a pest control man came through and sprayed the baseboards of the unit. I din't tell the rest of the family that I saw a very small roach in the bathroom.
It just felt that we had to be on guard, we slept with the lights on and always approached our entrance to the unit with trepidation.
If insects don't bother you, book Ocean Creek at a discounted rate, up to 100/night would be fair. If like our family, you want to be the only occupants of your room during your stay and you arte travelling with girls that freak out over critters, then pass on Ocean Creek and comb trip advisor for a place to saty with NO mention of bugs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Message from TripAdvisor: Condominiums at the Ocean Creek Resort are owned and operated by several different management companies, so quality and service standards may vary. If you wish to book a specific unit or a unit owned or managed by a specific company, please ask about that unit before booking your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Vacatia, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Ocean Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Creek Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Creek Resort Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Creek Myrtle Beach