Message from TripAdvisor:

“Beautiful Property. Nice Resort. Staff and Management are the ISSUE”
Review of Ocean Creek Resort

Ranked #44 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cary, North Carolina
“Beautiful Property. Nice Resort. Staff and Management are the ISSUE”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

1. I Indicated I was visiting in the off season (NOV 19-22) because of an injured child that needed fresh air, sun, and hot tub/jacuzzi.
2. Always have to check room at check in because they very rarely give you what you request.
3. Room was on farthest, opposite side of what was requested. It seemed a major hassle for front desk to move the room.
4. Still after checking in we find that the North Tower has to use the pool and hot tub in another lodge almost 0.25 miles away. A child with an injured leg has to walk that far. After settling in to transfer us to the south tower would require packing everyone up, traveling to the Reservation desk for a change in rooms then moving everything into a different room in the South tower. Or logically just grant usage of the pool in the South tower since the resort is Dead or at bellow 25% capacity. Guess which one was not possible...?

This was our 6th and LAST Stay. The reason Front desk staff and management.

Beautiful resort, condos, views, pools, location.

Have stayed all throughout the year. Management and staff have been the issue each and every time. They are only courteous when you check out never when you check in. It's like the waiter that is horrible through the whole meal but becomes concerned, helpful, and charming when he hands you the check and hopes for a nice tip...

Master Safe batteries Dead. - minor
Housekeeping left door unlocked after service. - MAJOR.
Our unit was someone's condo that they purchased in 2004. They rent it out when they are not using it so it was in very nice shape with very pleasant decorations, artwork, and furnishings.

Pools are very nice. Internet very slow. Exercise Room is really not an exercise room but a treadmill, stepper, or two.

E4 is a beautiful Condo with a great view. The staff and policies are the issue. Until these change we will not return again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alex R
Oceancreek73, Manager at Ocean Creek Resort, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I deeply regret the issues you faced while staying with us, and would like to extend my sincere apologies. First, let me say I hope that your child's injury is healing quickly and I wish them a speedy recovery.
As I am sure you have found, all of our rooms at Ocean Creek are individually owned, and with this practice comes certain regulations we have to follow. The fact of only allowing our south tower patrons to use the south tower pools is one of those rules, and I am sorry it affected your vacation negatively. I appreciate your communication with us during your stay, and after reviewing the situation further, I realize that you gave us an opportunity to remedy the issue. I am embarrassed that we fell short of doing so. We are starting new training programs, with the focus on customer service, in hopes that situations like this one never happen again.
I am glad that you were able to enjoy E4 and some of the resort amenities, updating the exercise room is on this list for this coming year, and will be in much better shape in the near future.
With your permission, I would like to speak with you further, to discuss this experience and see if there is any way we can work towards getting back into your good graces. Some more specifics on the situations will also ensure we can improve in the right areas. I look forward to hearing from you.
(843)-272-7724 ext. 1118 (office)
fourseasons@oceancreek.com

Ocean Creek Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Grimsby, Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We have been going to Ocean Creek for 20 years,not every year. Love the location, love Myrtle Beach, but last 2 years South Tower condos showing their age. Stayed in same condo, 1st floor and very convenient - close to beach and pool. Extra large balcony gave wonderful view. Disappointed in upkeep over years. Dated stove and furniture. Detail like only one screen in one of 3 rolling doors really affects whole concept of being on the ocean. Same closet broken as last year. Carpets were filthy. Balcony needs to be power washed. We even asked about it, and got no result. Limited dishes, pots and pans. Need to bring your own. No kettle or teapot. Loved the resort 20 years ago.

1 Thank Laura R
Oceancreek73, Manager at Ocean Creek Resort, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to voice your concern with us. I am very sorry to hear of your disapointment. We are spending these winter months inspecting all of the rooms, performing restoration and preventative maintenance. Fixing the closet, working on the doors and carpet and making sure each condo is stocked are all items that will be fixed. At your convienence, I would love to speak with you or chat through email, and possibly figure out the unit number, so that we can address these issues immediately. Again, I am very sorry for this experience, and I hope you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves. I look forward to hearing from you.
Office#: 843-272-7724 ext. 1118

Hartsville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I realize that rates all over the beach area go down in the off-season, but of the 6-8 area establishments I checked out, this was by far the best value and best-fit for us. The convenient distance to my conference site, convenience stores, shopping (which I didn't get to do this trip), grocery store, etc. makes this my choice of location to stay next time I plan a trip to the area.

Room Tip: I was in the center building across from the restaurant on the first floor on the corner. It was ver...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gr8English
Thank you so much for trusting us with your travel and for sharing your experience with everyone. I hope the conference went well, and next time don't forget to check out the shopping at Barefoot Landing which is right across the street. We at Ocean Creek lookforward to making sure your next vacation is amazing. Please let me know if there is anything I cna do to help you in the future. We'll see you soon!
Office#: 843-272-7724 ext. 1118

Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Arrived and checked in. Room was on the 4th floor unloaded bags for a 4 day stay. Room was like a college faternity house! Peeling wall paper, cabinet doors hanging, old carpet, bathroom caulking dirty, out dated furniture ex...... Went to front desk and explained situation and they gave me a choice of 2 other rooms to go look at. Both Rooms were the exact oppisite of the 1st room and we happily excepted however we had to move all of our bags again. Also beware of the we had folks staying above us and could constantly hear them walking. So if your a light sleeper bring earplugs. Also Ocean Creek decided to test the firealarm Monday morning we had no prior warning and it lastedf about 10 min. Other than that it wasn't bad.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank donald w
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay. I apoligize for the state of the first room, but I am very happy that you gave us the opportunity to fix the problem. If you would like to check out the room before unloading next time, please feel free to let the front desk know.
I am sorry for any lost sleep due to noise from above your room, and for the fire alarm sounding off. Any future test of the alarms will be reserved for later in the day. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to "wow" you on your next vacation, and I would like to personally extend my help to insure excellence. I look forward to making your next stay, and amazing one.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was our 4th time and the unit we requested was beautiful as always. Staff is friendly and attentive. The kitchen needed to be restocked as far as cooking utensils and pots and pans, forces you to be very creative while cooking with so few items available. Only complaint was the non stop construction outside our building, between us and the beach and ocean. Couldn't hear the ocean, birds or yourself thinking, for the noise of the non-stop generator that started at 8:00am even on Saturday. Second year in a row that they've been working on the causeway there, but this was by far the worst year for noise and annoyance. Will definitely stay again, but will try to find out if there is to be planned maintenance again.

Room Tip: When making reservations even online you can put in a request for a particular unit and they will do...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your continued patronage, and for your feedback. I appoligize for the noise, we are in the process of preventative restoration on our sea wall. This process will only be on and off through November. As you stated, we will be happy to schedule your next trip to Ocean Creek around our construction days. I apoligize again for any inconvienence, please let me know if there is anything I can help you with in the future.

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Great property. Beautiful trees. Lovely landscaping. Great units. From the front desk to the security guards, everything here is top notch and definitely one of the best places to stay. We'll be back in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to let everyone know about your experience. I am very glad you enjoyed the Villas, the property, and the staff. Was there anyone in particular? I would love to pass along your comments. We'll see you soon!

Salisbury, North Carolina
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We haven't stayed here for a few years, but it is definitely not the upscale resort it used to be and definitely not worth the price.Although the property is nice, the comfort of your stay will be based on if the owner's of the unit you are assigned has felt the need to update it since the 1980's.

Evidently there are no requirements by the property owners or management that require condo owners to maintain units in any type of minimal standard condition.

Staff did work with us to change rooms and our next room was OK. I don't think we will or could stay again without a guarantee of room conditions.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to voice your experience, I am very sorry you were not happy with the outcome. You are correct, all the owners do get to choose the decor for their units, and it does vary depending on the owners taste. This winter however, we will be inspecting all the rooms for quality assuredness and performing preventative maintenance, and this will be done every year. I will guarantee your overwhelming satisfaction if you give us another chance. I would love to hear from you, discover the unit you are talking about, and personally help plan your next trip to Ocean Creek, including picking out the room.