Message from TripAdvisor:

GreenLeadersBronze level
Georgia
“Do not stay here”
Reviewed July 8, 2008

We have stayed at Ocean Creek at least 10 times over the last 12 years.. In the past it has been as nice as one could ask for.
However, do not expect that now. It begin with check in and went downhill from there. Our room was not what we reserved or what we were told we would have... and of course we could not move until the following day. The sliding glass door handle was broken, and the door required two people to open. The shower knob was broken, the air conditioner clanked like it was on its last legs... and the first room had a very suspicious looking brown stain on the bathroom wall. The overall appearance was one of neglect..and not at all what one is used to at this resort.
We will not return.. and I say that with sadness because we have enjoyed staying here for years... and the beach access has always been nice.. but hate to see what one more year under the current management brings!

Stayed July 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
mo
Reviewed July 8, 2008

This resort is beautiful and secure. We stayed in tower North and rented the condo through vacations by owner. There is a beautiful beach, a creek to play/swim in as well as several swimming pools. The location is at the south end of North Myrtle Beach, so it isn't as crowded, yet close to everything. Barefoot Landing is right across the street with shopping, restaurants and entertainment. The resort is perfect for families looking for a relaxing beach vacation.

• Liked — Resort atmosphere
  • Disliked — Crabby beach club bartender
1 Thank luv2campMo
louisville ky
Reviewed July 3, 2008

The condo was dirty and old. The old part, I can understand--I know everything cannot be new, but things can be clean. Dried food in the microwave and on the stove, spills in drawers in the kitchen, the shower curtains were nasty with mold and mildew, the carpet was disgusting ( I was so glad I didn't have babies or toddlers who had to crawl--I would have never let them on the floor!) The air vents were covered with a green mold--who knows what we were breathing everytime the air came on!! The fridge smelled rancid and the dishwasher leaked. When we arrived my husband and I had to clean the place. I don't consider it a vacation when I have to clean--I do enough of that at home! We usually stay at Kingston Plantation, which is much nicer. We always have rented directly thru the property and this time we rented thru an owner. I think when you go thru the property they are better at maintaining and cleaning the units. We will not return to Ocean Creek.

• Liked — location was great
  • Disliked — unit was dirty
nj
Reviewed July 2, 2008

My extended family and I had a fun week at the Ocean Creek Resort. We have stayed here many times in the past, but not in the past four years. The resort is still a great place for families. The accommodations were spacious and great for an extended family with children. We stayed in the greens this year which had three bedrooms and baths. It also had a washer and dryer in the unit. Overall, the resort is in a good location for all activities, as each family member was looking for something different. It is close to shopping, golf, and a variety of restaurants.
Since our last visit we did notice some wear and tear on the resort, such as the outside buildings, the pools and pool furniture. The accommodations are clean, but housekeeping is a little stingy with supplies such as toilet paper and soap. The breakfast buffet is fair.
Overall it is a good family resort, but I hope they maintain the upkeep on the property as it begins to show its age.

• Liked — Spacious for family.
  • Disliked — Beginning to show age.
ct
Reviewed July 1, 2008

Stayed 5nights in North Tower condo. Rented thru VRBO.
Beach nice in this area- on quiet end. Sand nice and clean. At top end of beach there is creek where looked like young kids were having fun without worrying about waves-though current was strong in creek when we were there .Resort nice for evening walks. Restaurant on site- but didn't use it. ATM on site. Elevator always quick to get. Pool,restrooms and snack bar close to beach with boardwalk to beach. Shower rinse off at end of boardwalk coming back from beach. Loved location -direct across for Barefoot Landing. Would stay again

• Liked — easy walk to beach
1 Thank dgdbloe
Charlotte
Reviewed June 30, 2008

I was assigned to be the director of Meeting Arrangements for the 2008 Annual Carolina Council Conference of the IMA held on May 1 – May 3, 2008. I have had a few years of experience in the area of “Event Planning” and have high expectations of the service that is required. In my role, I had to work very closely with Mary Hill, Banquet Manager and interact with the staff of the Ocean Creek Resort. I am writing this letter to inform you of the exceptional experience our Organization had at your Resort.
In the planning stages of our Conference, Mary Hill and I met in person once and corresponded mostly via telephone or email communications, primarily because I reside in the Charlotte, NC area. Mary and her assistant Judy Johnson always responded quickly to me and acted immediately on any of the changes that came up for the two day agenda. What impressed me the most during the planning stage was the “creative juices” that Mary and I shared in putting together the most basic of meals such as the Continental Breakfasts, Lunches, and Afternoon breaks. Her menu suggestions allowed for variety and accommodated two guests requiring a Vegan diet.

The Friday Night Gala was a themed event based on a “Venetian Carnival”. We introduced for the first time to the IMA Conference a “Stations Party” featuring a variety of delicacies of Italy. I wanted our attendees to experience a “wow” reaction when they walked into the ballroom. That was accomplished and the entire set-up of the event was exquisite. To highlight, the Venetian Masks that Mary decorated as centerpieces were gorgeous. The sweets table located in the center of the Ballroom decorated with the rented Roman Columns, satin sheers, and Fruit-Punch Fountain achieved that “wow” factor I was looking for.

As attractive as the room was that evening, I have to tell you that the food and the wait service are the most important in achieving a successful event. The food was delicious and its presentation was outstanding. I had numerous compliments on all the meals we had the entire weekend. Thank you to Chef Bob Coningsby and his entire staff for making it happen. I come from an Italian family and my Dad was in attendance the evening of the Venetian Carnival. He is a sort of amateur critic when

it comes to food, especially Italian. My father raved about the food and, in particular, the Minestrone Soup and Veal Saltimbocca. I personally have never had a Minestrone soup as good as that. Randy Laveno, Lanvender Robinson and the entire wait staff were friendly, helpful and always available throughout the entire Conference. It was obvious that the wait staff was happy to be a part of making our stay enjoyable and fun. Typically, in the past, the attendees would stay long enough to have some food and then leave the event to do other things that night. This year, many of them stayed to the end of the Gala and didn’t want to leave.

One hour before the start of our Friday Night Gala, the Ballroom Sound system malfunctioned. The special Italian music I provided on compact disc need to be heard in order to create the proper atmosphere of the evening. Hubert Trieber the Director of Food and Beverage, known by your staff as “Mr. T.”, came through for us. He made several attempts to fix the equipment, when that failed he took action to get us a Portable CD sound system which we were able to project the sound from the in-house microphone system. Thanks Mr. T.

Prior to and during the Conference, Patrina Riggins, Sales Coordinator, was very helpful in ensuring that our guests were accommodated properly. We had some mishaps on our end and Patrina was influential in making it all work out. The accommodations were clean and comfortable and the Front Desk staff was courteous and Professional.

I would be remiss if I didn’t mention Karen Creighton, Director of Sales. Karen was always available to ensure things were going smoothly and she was instrumental in assisting with ideas for prizes.

Your entire staff of Ocean Creek Resort knows what it takes to be successful in the hospitality industry. In true Accounting Profession lingo, they are all “Assets” to your company.

• Liked — Friendly staff, great Food, & cleanliness
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank IMACharlotte
Western PA
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Ocean Creek hosted a 4.5 day conference for us. The accommodations for the attendees and the conference were excellent. The food was great; staff very helpful and acommodating. Everything that we need is right there: conference facilities, pools, beach, snack bar, tennis, etc.

We will be back next year!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business