Message from TripAdvisor:

“Family Friendly!!! Great Hotel!!! Great Value!!!!”

The Caravelle Resort
Ranked #25 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 27, 2009

I rented my room a week before by calling the Hotel and the rate was $80 less than all the websites were offering (expedia, orbitz, hotels.com etc) They got me an Ocean front Efficiency on the 11 floor. Even thought the check in is at 3pm I got there at 11am and they were able to do an early checking (took 5 minutes to get my keys and head to the room)

The room was spotless. Beautiful countertops in the kitchenette and bathroom. Bedding was impeccable, it look like a $300 a night resort. The view was priceless. The stove, oven, microwave and fridge were sparkling. To my surprise the room also has everything needed to cook and more (pots, baking trays, dishes, glasses, cups, you name it , its there for you to use.) I read on reviews before going there that the sink would have some problems draining and indeed it will, but only if you let food go in.

The hotel have a 6 floor parking and it gets full after 5pm but they do have another 6 floor parking lot right up front, nevertheless I did not had a problem finding parking especially because I always park at the 6 floor and usually there was 2 to 3 spots left. The pool was AWESOME, my kids love it. The beach access it so convenient. The hotel also has a restaurant and Ice cream shop but I actually never went (I had everything I needed on my kitchen). By the way Food Lion is like 4 blocks away :) There is a laundry room also, fitness center and game room, nothing fancy but useful.

Last but no list, the hotel it is not on the heart of Myrtle Beach, which I found to be the best complement because it gets loud and not family friendly on the other side of the Beach. So I really recommend this resort for a family experience.

In addition, Broadway at the Beach, Ripley’s Attractions, Golf, etc, it only 10 minutes away. And if you go to Myrtle Beach, do not pass out on a Helicopter ride, We had the time of our lives!!!

Mom of 1yr and 4yr old.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Caravelle Resort

Reviewed May 10, 2009

The Caravelle would not rent me a room because I am under 25 and unmarried. I guess it doesn't matter that I make more money than the average 40 year old. I wonder who else they discrimiate against?

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2009

Summer 08 was my first time in Myrtle Beach, and I couldnt have been happier! The Caravelle was AMAZING! It was clean, great beach access, great staff, great parking, TERRIFIC view, I was on the 10th floor, and I did NOT want to leave this place! From the time I first entered the room, it was clean, and well maintained! House Keeping came around like clock work and left anything you asked for! Pool area was nice, not my type of thing, so I was'nt around it much, but when I was on my was to the beach, it was pretty well maintained! Gift shop, Fitness Room, Game Room, all thumbs up! I would recommend this location one thousand times over! This place really made my first stay in Myrtle AMAZING! ( I still cant get over the INCREDIBLE view!!)

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Wildfires in South Carolina!!! First of all, I had to call to confirm that it was okay to come down this weekend. Why do they ask for your email and telephone # if they don't use it to keep you up-to-date with changes. I called and I was told that it was clear and the fire was inland; which was correct. However, online the Caravelle had direction with a detour (501). It stated that you will not be able to come through South 17. I called when I came through Wilmington I was given some directions, when I approach North Myrtle Beach I called and was told to turn around. I ended up driving toward Dillion. I pulled over and called twice. The last time, I was told I was going the wrong way and sarcastically I was told ma'am I don't take that way. Now, you work for a place and you have on your website to take another route but when customer call; you can't give them correct direction. I was livid!! The room was like it looks online, however, the pool were not clean daily, the indoor pool windows were dirty. I think this could be a great resort if they had better management. Noone clean the pool daily, no lifeguard (which is okay,but couldn't you afford a pool guy). Overall, I would rate my stay as Average 7.5 out of 10

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2009

If you are a high school class sponsor looking for a place to stay for senior trip, DO NOT use the Caravelle Resort; your rooms could be scattered in two buildings, and on different floors. This happened to us. Evidently the travel agent we used was not made aware of the fact that some of the units were restricted from being rented to teenagers; therefore we were assigned available units no matter the location. A chaperone's nightmare! Not only were our rooms spread out over the complex, three of the six condo units were sold sometime between the initial reservation and the date of our arrival necessitating the assignment of new spaces. Had we not called en route and prior to arrival to doublecheck the room locations, we would not have known about the new room numbers. Unfortunately, we arrived with limited time to spare before our first activity and we did not have a chance to thoroughly inspect the accommodations. Sadly, the cleanliness of the rooms left much to be desired. One chaperone and her two students ended up in a smelly, filthy unit. Several of us had to vacuum floors and clean the bathroom fixtures before use. Only two rooms out of six were presentable at the onset.
On a more positive note, the location of the Caravelle is wonderful. Access to the beach is great. While we might recommend the Caravelle to friends or families, we would not recommend this facility to groups with teenagers unless chaperones are planned for each room.

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I had the worst experience ever!!!! I first would like to say I booked online after reading many good reviews.When you book online it is a bait and switch! I was given a room on the 2nd floor above the pool,which opens at 9am and closes at 10pm and you here nothing but unsupervised kids yelling and screaming.The pool was to close at 10pm, teenagers lighting firecrackers , yelling, throwing chairs,and water ballons.They were not asked to leave eventhough it was after hours, WHY? The service of the workers was rude, rude, rude! SO ,after a night of that,I switched rooms to one in front of the ice machine,not a good room. The whole hotel smelled like rotten food. While I was there they choose on a busy hoilday weekend decided to paint the hallways, stupid.They said they had a game room,no they have a pool table,they say they have a fitness room, no they have a treadmill! they say they have a indoor pool, and a hot tub, a 2 person hot tub,and a very small pool.When a switched rooms I then realized what the other room was supposed to have. My room was an effiency,which inculdes a kitchen, My first room had a toaster,with a few dishes,and pots,no fry pan,stainer for the dishes, no can opener, no dish rags ,towels. The room the moved to had all that and more plus alot more dishes and pots and pans.If I did not switch rooms I never would of known what should of been!! I tried to make complaints and they just told me what I wanted to hear but did nothing about the problems!! They say they have a restuarant, no, they never told me that or that they just served breakfast.I would NEVER stay here again or tell my freinds or family to either! If your reading this take my advise DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank jaymdes
Reviewed April 14, 2009

The Caravelle is a gorgeous hotel. The rooms are spacious and well-decorated. The view from the balcony of the oceanfront Jacuzzi suite was breathtaking. I almost felt like I were somewhere other than Myrtle Beach it was so pretty. The Jacuzzi worked well, which surprised me because most hotels have a problem with keeping them in working order. The kitchen was spacious and attractive too, even though I’m not much for cooking while on vacation. The location is excellent as it is close to Broadway at the Beach, several restaurants, and other attractions. The only downside to this hotel is the front desk staff. The girl working the front desk (Cortne) was very rude when we checked in. The South is supposed to be a friendly place, but she was far from friendly. She was so rude, in fact, that I made a note of her name because I wanted to report her to a manager. When I tried to call in about the matter after our trip, I could never reach a manager and gave up. Later, when I called to the front desk to request extra towels, she gave me an attitude and apparently didn’t even put in the request. I happened to see a member of the housekeeping staff in the hallway and asked myself. Thankfully, this woman was very courteous and returned with more towels and other requested items within 15 minutes. I would recommend this hotel to others based on the beautiful rooms, but would warn them of the impolite front desk staff.

• Stayed: March 2009