Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #30 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Grove City, Pennsylvania, United States
“nice place to stay”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed here with my brother(17) and sister(23) Aug 10-16 in an oceanfront jacuzzi suite. I was a little worried when I booked because of all of the other mixed reviews. I am glad to say we were not disappointed! Everything was wonderful. From Jay at check in to Tim at check out. We had a great stay here. The only problems we had were our front door had to be slammed for it to shut and the wifi service is not that great. Also the elevators are very slow but we were on the 4th floor so we mainly took the stairs. But other than that, there were no problems whatsoever. There are always activities going on such as the luau night with hula dancers and a fish fry on fridays. There is also a lot of kids activities that we saw going on like karaoke and games on the beach. Overall we were very impressed with this hotel and would definetly return when we go to Myrtle Beach again.

1 Thank Amanda P
Heather L, Manager at The Caravelle Resort, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for choosing accommodations with The Caravelle Resort on your recent Myrtle Beach vacation! We are so glad your family enjoyed the Ocean Front Jacuzzi Suite and many on-site activities. We apologize for any maintenance issues you had with the entry door, and we will work to repair this right away. Your comments in regards to the elevators and wireless service is appreciated, as your feedback will help us as we make decisions for improvement moving forward. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the beach!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
  • Polish first
Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We checked in last sat afternoon, prior to our arrival I called and asked if room could be ready at 2pm instead of 3 and Kelly said "yes, I'm sure room will be ready then".We arrived and room wasn't ready and they had us wait until 3pm.
The front desk staff were okay. During our stay we had to wait for a long time to get an elevator to take us up to the 3rd floor. Luckily, hubby and I love to exercise and take the stairs but at times mom and baby were with us and it was kind of tough.. When we had to get groceries too! On our way out today, we had to wait for 25 minutes in order to get our luggage down. While we had to make 2 trips to get all of our stuff down, my mom was in the room with our baby and the housekeeping manager went to our room and told her that she had to leave because the new person was coming in (keep in mind this was at around 11:40am). She told my mom that we were an hour plus late. She was just as rude as the rest of her staff (housekeeping).

Next: Parking!!!!!!!!! Oh my... It sucks, the spaces are small, the layout is awful, we had to go up to the 5th floor and got stuck a few times, we than had to turn around and go across the street pretty much every night there after. It was such an inconvinience coming back every night with my mom and 2 kids. Their parking lots should only allow golf carts to park, that's how small the space is while you've got traffic coming and going. It's ridiculous!!!

Food was Ok! Our daughter liked the outside bars food. The drinks barely had any alcohol in them. The breakfast was too expensive for the quality. The Santa Maria rest. nachos tasted awful. We were at Santa Maria's last night and saw cockroaches outside the restaurant.

I must say, the room we had was big, that worked for us.

Now, air conditioning sucked Bc in our room it was either too cold or warm. The living room area where my mom and daughter stay, temp was leveled.

We found ants, called front desk and all they said was that they would spray the room.

Housekeeping was rude and when I called the front desk to make a request, it wasn't granted. I guess front desk staff didn't communicate with them.

I've been going to Myrtle Beach hotel isn't worth the $. We will definitely look into another property for next year.

We went to eat at Long Bay Resort and the hotel one afternoon and it looked nice and staff were friendly.

2 Thank ncogneto
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review in regards to your recent stay at The Caravelle. We strive to give all of our guests an enjoyable vacation, and we are disheartened that we were unsuccessful in giving you a comfortable visit. With The Caravelle being in business for over 50 years, our reputation in repairing guest issues is paramount. It is with great concern that your comments are being addressed with our staff. I wish we had done a better job in correcting things while you were here. Please know we appreciate your patronage and will work to make sure we correct these issues you have incurred.
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed August 17, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Caravelle Resort main building August 13-16 2014. The room surpassed our expectations, the staff and housekeepers were super friendly. Room and bed were very clean! We loved it and will be staying there whenever we come back!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at The Caravelle. We appreciate your recommendation to other travelers and are so glad you and your girlfriend had a wonderful vacation getaway. We are happy to welcome you to The Caravelle family, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Myrtle Beach!
Pittsburgh
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We stayed at the Caravelle 2 years ago and again this summer. Both rooms were rented by a private owner so I will only review the resort here. In the two years that have passed, it seems like they are not keeping up with the buildings. The elevators are TERRIBLE. be prepared to wait. There is a strong smell of must coming from the carpets in the walkways. The pool was so crowded, it was a joke. Next trip to Myrtle, we will spend more money for a nicer resort.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
While we are disheartened to know that you were disappointed in the overall property, we know that hearing your feedback is vital to our continued success. Your comments will be shared with our staff and the property management company as we look to make improvements for the future. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will reconsider another visit with us, so that we may have the opportunity to provide the vacation experience you desire.
Charleston, SC
Reviewed August 16, 2014

My family and I had a wonderful experience at the Caravelle Resort this month. The rooms were exceptional and the staff was very friendly. In particular, our server every morning for breakfast was wonderful. Rachel was very friendly and energetic. She gave us excellent service and my family always looked forward to breakfast with her during our stay. Overall, fantastic experience. We will definitely be returning next year.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at The Caravelle Resort. We are pleased to know that your family enjoyed the accommodations and amenities we have to offer. A delicious made-to-order omelet or waffle at the Santa Maria is a great way to start your day, and we are delighted that Raquel was able to make your experience that much more enjoyable. We hope you will plan a return trip to stay with us again soon!
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I was skeptical about staying at the resort because I always read a ton a reviews and some were good and some were bad. We arrived and the men working at the front desk were FANTASTIC! Super nice and knowledgeable. We checked in and checked out our room and it was everything the pictures showed. We did have some weird stain on the fold out bed sheets but we simply called and they were right up to replace them. The location was great. Loved the little bar/grill they had leading out to the ocean. Some downfalls were that the elevators were pretty slow but I'm a pretty understading person so that didn't bother me. Also, the parking garage was almost always full so we had to park across the street in the over flow parking a lot (again, doesn't really bother me). All and all, our trip was great and we will be back!

1 Thank Jenn11beach
Heather L, Manager at The Caravelle Resort, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for choosing accommodations with The Caravelle Resort and letting us know about your recent stay with us. We are so glad that your family had a fun vacation and enjoyed the accommodations, food and beverage outlets and other on-site amenities. We appreciate your feedback, as we are constantly working to make improvements. We hope you will plan to stay with us again on your next vacation to Myrtle Beach.
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We stayed in a spacious, ocean view room that had a kitchen, two queen beds and a living room. The carpet and upholstery were a little dated, but otherwise, the room was fine. Overall, this was a good value. The kiddie pool was the best part - it has a water feature that my almost-3-year-old daughter absolutely loved. She would have stayed in it all day if I had let her! The sun deck (near the indoor pool) is nice. The staff is friendly and helpful. The restaurants on property are decent.

The carpet seemed like it could have used a good cleaning. It was sticky, and the room smelled a little musty. My feet were black on the bottom from only minutes of walking on the carpet. Also, the parking garage leaves something to be desired. There are two garages - one Oceanside with the main hotel and the other is directly across the street. The one next to the ocean should be for smaller vehicles only, as there is no adequate turnaround spot, the ceiling is very low and spaces are tight. My Ford Explorer was difficult to navigate, and my in-laws' Expedition did not clear the height upon entrance. The one across the street is better.

Overall, this is a cute, older hotel to stay at especially if you have small children.

Room Tip: Park in the garage across the street from the main, oceanfront hotel if you have a large vehicle.