Message from TripAdvisor:

“Great, affordable resort to stay!”

The Caravelle Resort
Ranked #25 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Our stay at the Caravelle Resort was great! We stayed at their property across the street, The Seamark Tower. The 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo was very clean, beds were comfortable, and overall the room was perfect for us. The pools at the Seamark Tower and at the main resort were great. The location of the resort, in my opinion, is great. It's very quiet, yet still close to great restaurants and such. This resort was very affordable for the first week of June, compared to other resorts. Overall, I give the Caravell Resort, two thumbs way up for affordability, location, service, amenities, and cleanliness.

1  Thank Jennifer L
Heather L, Manager at The Caravelle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Sea Mark Tower during your recent Myrtle Beach getaway! We are so glad that you were pleased not only with the location and price, but also the service, amenities and cleanliness. We hope your Caravelle vacation exceeded your expectations! Hurry back to visit us again soon!

There are newer reviews for The Caravelle Resort

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Overall I had a great time, the view was amazing and I'm glad I was placed on the third floor. The only thing I have to complain about would be the pool. Out of the three people staying in my room I was one of them and I was the only one who didnt go under water but for some reason my boyfriend and son eyes were really irritated to the point that green stuff was coming out and they couldnt even open their eyes. I didn't not let my son go back to the pool however because I didn't want to make it worse. I don't know if it was the chlorine or some kid peed in the pool however it does suck to come back from vacation and take your child to the doctor.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank brigittemoore12

Thank you for choosing accommodations with The Caravelle and letting us know about your recent stay with us. We are so glad that you had a great time at the resort and hope you were able to carry home many fun-filled memories. Please know, guest safety is our number one priority. The pools and other bodies of water are tested multiple times daily to ensure all readings meet DHEC guidelines. We hope your son and boyfriend are feeling much better!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

This is our 4th visit here in the last two years but was not as nice a visit as in the past. Great location and nice employees, nice pools and easy access to the ocean too but our room was kind of "broken" on this visit. Stove and fridge did not work right and in general, at least in this room, things were kind of worn out. We stayed here last October and our room was much nicer than this vist so it may be that just some rooms need some sprucing up. We'll probably come again but might have to insist on a nicer room if we run across this again. Part of the reason we like this location is because it is only a block or so from our favorite restaurant Flamingo Grill and a nice Food Lion. Nice Kroger about 2 miles away too!

2  Thank Jeff K
Heather L, Manager at The Caravelle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to let us know about your recent stay at The Caravelle. We apologize for any maintenance issues you encountered, and we are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your accommodations. Your feedback will be shared with our homeowner representative, so that we can ensure that necessary improvements are made. We truly appreciate you choosing to stay at The Caravelle on your last 4 visits to Myrtle Beach, and we hope to see you again very soon, as we are confident your will find our level of service to be back to the excellent accommodations we are known for.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

This would be my fourth time staying at the Caravelle & once again it was a great experience! This was a Spring Break trip for my little sisters & their friends & overall we had a great time. The gentleman at the front desk at check in & check out was very professional & helpful. The rooms were clean, & we had the best housekeeper! The only issue we had was when we arrived our bathroom door was literally hanging off the hinges. I called the front desk & they had maintaince there less than ten minutes. After they arrived they spent maybe ten minutes in our room & the job was done. I wish we had a slightly larger kitchen area, but other than that it was affordable, nice, & comfortable. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want to be in the certain of all the entertainment withoout having to drive I would probably...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nikole336

Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent spring break trip. We apologize for the maintenance inconvenience upon your arrival, but we are so happy we were able to take care of things in an expedient manner so you could enjoy the rest of your vacation. We appreciate you making The Caravelle your destination of choice when you travel to the Myrtle Beach area! We hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Been going to Caravelle for several years now and this is the first time I have been disappointed in our room. It was clean but not updated like other rooms I have stayed in. Maybe I was spoiled but it seems if they are all the same price then the quality should be the same also.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are really nice.
4  Thank Bettyloudavis

Thank you so much for taking a moment to let us know about your recent stay at The Caravelle. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your accommodations. Your comments will be shared with our homeowner representative, and your feedback will be extremely beneficial as we work with the owners to make necessary improvements. We greatly appreciate your patronage, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you an enjoyable vacation experience.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We just checked out today and we were VERY pleased with our experience there! My son loved magic al and his amazing balloon animals, he would see my son at the pool and call him by name (which I thought was amazing with the amount of kids that were staying at the resort) and give him a high five, and even gave him a dollar to play in the game room one day. It didn't take long for my 3 year old to warm up to him, he was fantastic! All of the interns working with the kids activities were great as well! My son really liked the balloon animals, tie dye tshirts, and the dj that was at the pool one day.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by Jay, who was very friendly and explained everything that the resort had to offer and where everything was located. We were very happy with the first room we were given, but wanted a better view and within 15 minutes, Marcellus was upstairs with a key for another room, which we loved everything about! We booked an executive king suite, but stayed in the same room with double beds and a great view. Anytime we needed anything, everyone on staff was there to
help and seemed to really care about the quality of our stay. Thank you very much caravelle beach resort....We had a great
vacation!

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you so much for your recommendation of The Caravelle Resort. We appreciate you choosing accommodations with us on your recent vacation. We are truly blessed to have Magic Al, the hospitality interns, Jay and Marcellus on staff. We are so glad they were able to enhance your family's overall experience! We hope you will choose to make The Caravelle your "home away from home" on your next visit to the Grand Strand!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I did extensive research on finding a place located near the activities we wanted to do. This hotel was 10 minutes in good traffic from all central attractions. Was worried about the reviews concerning dated rooms, exact opposite, our room was clean modern and well stocked. Maybe a slightly larger tv but no big deal. Upon arrival we checked in and found our room to be on 1st floor which I requested not to be, BOBBY MUSIC greeted us very pleasant and immediately rectified this with a great room on the 10th floor, I had read reviews on tripadvisor about him, all true , a fantastic person who goes above and beyond, I would love to work with 10 of him. He even called later to see if we were ok with room.TIPS on resort, bring a small car the parking garage is tight to park !!! Use the oceanfront elevators much faster, indoor pool great, lots of kids at outside pools was nice to relax in pool indoors, breakfast buffet excellent and good price, HUGE TIP avoid first floor you will not see ocean with all plant growth, beach access for late night strolls a bit difficult gates were locked. Found entire staff friendly and helpful never asked twice for anything even up to last minute printing my plane boarding passes when the free computers wouldn't allow it the front desk stepped up and quickly handled my request. AGAIN people going a bit above and beyond made the difference.Absolutely would stay again.

Room Tip: avoid first floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Russell P
Heather L, Manager at The Caravelle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Thank you so much for your recommendation of The Caravelle Resort to other travelers. With so many choices in Myrtle Beach, we are truly grateful that you chose accommodations with us! Bobby has been such a tremendous asset to our team, and we are glad that he and the other members of our staff were able to assist your family in having a fun, memorable vacation experience! We hope you will plan a return trip to visit us again soon!