Message from TripAdvisor:

“Wonderful Family Reunion”

The Caravelle Resort
Ranked #24 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Overall the experience at the caravelle resort was very good. Our efficiency room was very clean and comfortable. The ocean view was wonderful. The really nice thing is their sister resorts are next store and across the street. You can use their facilities, including their pools, anytime. they had a very nice breakfast buffet. All of their staff was helpful and polite. Their Tiki bar on the property is very nice, but a little small. The had a free hawaian luau one night. The night of the Luau they had a dinner buffet for $11.00, that was OK at best. When I want up for seconds they told me I couldn't have seconds. It wasn't posted anywhere that you could only go up once for food. I mentioned that and they said sorry..I said it should be posted most buffets are all you can eat!
The only other issue was at check in the staff couldn't handle the volume of people checking in. It took forever! Also they told me they guaranteed a 3 pm check in and my room wasn't ready. I was told they start guaranteeing rooms at three?? That's ridiculous!!! is it three or not? afier putting up a fuss they did let me talk to a manager, Heather, she was very nice and got me a room immediately.
Other then the two issues above it was a pleasant experience.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

The Caravelle was an excellent stay. Our oceanfront room was gorgeous both at day and night. MY husband and I enjoyed a romantic stay there for or honeymoon and hope to visit again. We hope to visit again for or anniversary.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

First off the front desk was fast.From walking outside I was frantic to open the door but once I opened the door I was amazed by the room. You can tell the room was recently upgraded. The bathroom tub could be upgraded but I didn't came for that. The only thing that was bad for me is they didn't have any bathroom tissue in my room upon arriving.The bed was plush, I booked the oceanview efficiency. Kitchenette was clean and nice. Room 305.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The reason the reviews of this property vary widely is because the accommodations vary widely. The main hotel is new and nice, but the rooms are standard layout. We stayed in the Caravelle Towers which was built in the 80s and at the time was the tallest building in the area. It only has 6 or 7 floors so that's hard to believe. We had a great time, the location was great, the pool area was great, the layout of the room was great. We had a suite with one bedroom that had two queens and the living area with one queen. It was perfect for our family of 5. The furnishings were older and the room really needs an upgrade with new carpet, couch etc., but with an upgrade you will pay more. The place seemed understaffed and it was hard to get a front desk person, but when you did they were really nice. The elevator was broken for most of our stay, but we were on the first floor so it didn't matter. I suspect it's because it was due for inspection because we still used it. The housekeeping staff did a great job too. It's hard to have a bad time at the beach. Just know that you get what you pay for. We wanted money to spend on other stuff so we shopped around for a less expensive room. Monday nights they have a guy from Hawaii and his hula dancers provide a show. He eats fire and the hula dancers do a nice job. It was free and again, my kids loved it. I am not sure I'd stay there again, but like I said, you have to work hard to let a few amenties that aren't exactly as you'd like ruin your time at the beach!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a newer room go with the main hotel.
1  Thank Glowbtrahtter
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Staff is very accommodating and addressed all issues pleasantly. Let us change rooms for a better view with no hassle. Stairwells didnt smell too great but it's the beach. Room service was very professional and respectful of our belongings. Great value. Would stay here again.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great hotel for last minute reservations. Our room was very clean (King Suite #602) overlooking the pool area and the beach. Excellent balcony view of fireworks for July 4th. My kids (1yr and 4 yr) loved it. My husband and I also loved having the kitchenette to keep breakfast foods and snacks.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The line at check in on Sunday was unbelievable! So be prepared to wait if that is your arrival date. After check in, everything improved. The activity team with Magic Al in charge is "awesome." My kids had a blast participating in the daily activities! The rooms were a little dark but the furnishings were very nice and there was plenty of room. I believe we may have been in a smoking room, so I will be sure to ask for a non-smoking room next time. By the way, the pool area is very nice, but also very busy. I believe time spent cleaning the pools early in the mornings would be most beneficial to the resort guests. The resort I normally stay in spends two hours vacuuming and cleaning the debris out of the pools every morning. I have always enjoyed the view over the balcony and watching the cleaning process. This did not seem to be a main focus.
If you like to eat good food the Santa Maria Restaurant on site is excellent. My favorite was the breakfast bar. The fish fry buffet and the luau meal were also big hits!