“Home away from home with a wonderful oceanfront view”

Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #10 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Virginia
“Home away from home with a wonderful oceanfront view”
Reviewed April 7, 2010

If you are looking for an excellent location with excellent accomodations, Andersons Ocean Spa and Resort is the choice. The suite provided everything that was needed for an enjoyable time away from home. The hotel is surrounded by pools to accomodate the needs of the entire family - the kids enjoyed the pool, the jaccuzi and the beach! All located right at the base of the hotel. The bedding was very comfortable. The full kitchen allowed for full meal preparation and the individual washer and dryer was a definite plus. I would definitely stay at this hotel during my next family vacation! Thanks.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, April 16, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to read that you and your family found the resort to provide excellent accommodations and that it is in a great location. I am glad that you enjoyed how comfortable the beds are and that you had a washer and dryer in your room. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (661)
New Jersey
Reviewed April 5, 2010

This is a first rate condo with a great view of the beach. Very clean and well maintained and the service was excellent. 6 elevators make sure you never have to wait to get up or down. Outside pool were clean but could have been heated a little warmer for this time of year. What they call a "lazy river" is really just an oval shaped pool with a current. Parking is readily available and convenient. The restaurant across the street that they give you discounts for is worth avoiding.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you rate your condo first rate. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the pools and that you never had to wait on an elevator. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

High Point, NC
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I picked this resort based on reviews and I was not disappointed. We stayed in a two bedroom suite and the accomodations were excellent. The beds slept very well and the good sized kitchen with a full size frig made it easy to bring home leftovers and stock up on healthy snacks and breakfast foods. The staff was also friendly and accomodating. The location may be crowded during the summer but was great for a spring break get away near lots of area attractions and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you weren’t disappointed by the resort and that the beds slept very well. I am glad that you enjoyed having a full kitchen to store you leftovers in and have breakfast in your room. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Spartanburg
Reviewed April 1, 2010

I really enjoyed our stay at this Resort but with the prices of spa services and rates you would expect a nice indoor pool. The indoor pool is very small and I just expected more in that area, it just wasnt kid friendly! The only other problem was the water pressure in the shower, it was so light that u couldnt feel it and it took forever to get all of the soap off. I think this is a nice hotel but not if you are traveling with kids. This is more a boutique like hotel that speacialize in spa and relaxation. This is a beautiful resort and I would return but just not with my kids!

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, April 8, 2010
Thank you for writing a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at our resort. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the size of the indoor pool and that the water pressure in the shower. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again.

Cary NC
Reviewed March 30, 2010

We stayed at the Anderson the weekend of March 27th and really enjoyed our stay even though a cold front came in and it was freezing ! The room was very clean and had nice carpet , ceramic tile floors and very nice updated counter tops, appliances , etc. We had a two bedroom condo with a king bed in the master bedroom and two regular size beds in the second bedroom. I was thinking they were supposed to be queen beds but were definitely full size which were ok but when you have teenagers sleeping in them they are sort of small. The beds were extremely comfortable and clean ! Probably the best part of the condo. The down side to the Anderson is the check in situation having to drive into a very narrow lane which you go in on the right side of the hotel and line up, go inside check in and then drive out the left side, go across the street almost a block back and park in narrow spaces. If they could somehow may be purchase the little mini golf across the street and build a building just for check in and have an over the street walk way..the hotel would be perfect !! All in all we had a great stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TMattyCaryNC
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that you and your family really enjoyed staying with us and that you found the room to be very clean. I am happy that you found the beds to be comfortable. I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you visit the Grand Strand.

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2010

This hotel was fantastic! After driving 15 hours to get there, Lindsay at the front desk was a fresh of breath air! So helpful and friendly, great way to introduce us to Myrtle Beach. The rooms are well cleaned, and have everything you could need and also well decorated. All the pools and hot tubs were very clean and the area was currently being landscaped and still looked great. Fantastic location on the beach and the value was extremely reasonable. Would definitely go back to this hotel!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, April 1, 2010
Thank you for writing a review. I am happy to read that Lindsey was so helpful and friendly when you checked into the resort. I will pass on your kind words about her to her boss so she can be recognized for a job well done. I am glad that you found the rooms to be well stocked and clean. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

kurfelmouse
Reviewed March 29, 2010

We were 8 friends who stayed in 2 units. We were in Myrtle Beach for our annual Bridge Vacation together. The Front Desk people were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The rooms are beautifully decorated, clean, quiet. We stayed Oceanfront and had a really beautiful view of the ocean and were able to hear the waves breaking.
The unit supplies were good, the maid service too.
The only negative was the wireless connection was not good unless you were in the living room

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you choose to stay with us during your annual Bridge Vacation and that you had a beautiful view from your room and were able to hear the waves breaking. I am glad that the front desk staff was helpful and knowledgeable and that you found the rooms be to beautifully decorated. I hope that you will stay with us again next year on your annual Bridge Vacation or even sooner.