This hotel has a lot of potential, but our experience was lacking. The hotel building is quite large compared to the other hotels around it, however everything other than the room felt inadequately small. When you approach the hotel to check in, it isn't clear where to park. There is a small car passage that says "Entry" on the right side of the building which after parking accross the street, I discovered lead to a narrow passage way with 15 minute parking for checking in and unloading. We stayed during Labor Day weekend and it was pretty busy so it was a zoo trying to get in and out of there. It reminded me of Europe - tight driving conditions. The front deskman checking me in handed me my key with no direction on where my room was how to get to an elevator which wasn't visible from the lobby. He did not mention there was a parking garage across the street. Before I walked away I asked about parking which he said "oh, park across the street." I said "OK, somewhere specific or just anywhere?" He looked at me like I was clueless, which I was, and with a tone said "No, in the garage on the next street over. It's the same color as the hotel." My husband checked in seperately and he had the same experience. Somehow we were the idiots for not knowing how things were set up there. After I walked away, I realised I didn't even know where are room was located. We left the small lobby and exploring a passage, found an elevator. Once on our floor we found our room on the other side of the hotel. When we got to our room it was very nice and spacious, but the carpet was quite dirty with lots of stains. We had a two bedroom room, which was on the side of the hotel without a front view of the ocean, but hey we could still see the ocean. The rooms are where the hotel goes right. The furniture and linens were nice and the kitchens were updated. The pool area however is very cramped and the lazy river was a little milky looking. Each time my kids went to the pool there were never any clean towels available. My other unfortunate expereience was that I parked on the wrong level in the parking garage. I had seen valet parking clearly marked on the first floor walls of the parking garage, when I go to the second level there were no markings on the walls. Unfortunately I had missed a standing sign that had been placed on that level. We had numerous calls which we did not receive as we were never in our room. Finally we came in from the beach a found a sticky note on our door and some nasty voice messages to move our car, actually only one was nasty from the manager. I was really embarrased. We did have a nice time on the beach that day and although I liked the room except for the filthy carpet, I would not recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We feature luxurious-, two- and three bedroom condominiums with room service and other amenities including a day spa with hair and nail salon, flat screen TVs, fitness center, indoor & outdoor pools, lazy river, Jacuzzi, oceanfront bar, wireless internet and valet parking. Our full service spa offers massages, facials, men’s spa services and more. Close to many nationally recognized golf courses, restaurants and area attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Anderson Ocean Club And Spa, Oceana Resorts
- Anderson Ocean Hotel
- Anderson Ocean Myrtle Beach