This was our first trip to myrtle beach and Anderson ocean club. Check in was smooth and Kendrick was very helpful in bringing our bags up to our room. We had a two bedroom and studio with HGVC and were surprised that the studio also had a full kitchen. Both rooms we're oceanview which was fine for us. Coffee on the balcony overlooking the beach was great each morning. The rooms were spacious and comfortable with full laundry facilities and a full kitchen.
The valet staff were exceptional. I know that the valet process has been criticized in other reviews. I found that the valet staff manage and very chaotic environment efficiently and with a smile.
The pool area was one of the only minor downsides to this resort. It is showing it's age with uneven pavers and it is a bit small with astro turf near the lounges. It is in need of a make over but it was fine for us to have a dip after being at the beach all day. No coolers on the pool deck FYI which was also a slight inconvenience.
The other major complaint about this resort is around accessiblility. There are no accessible studio rooms with walk in showers. Really not acceptable in this day and age. Father had to shower upstairs in our room. HGVC could and should do better. Also no accessible way to get on the beach. This was problematic as we were travelling with our 87 year old father who had a really hard time with the stairs. We were able to get a free beach wheelchair from the lifeguard about 4 or 5 chairs down the beach, which allowed him to come and enjoy the beach for the first time in many years, so this was a major plus. You have to check in with the guard every hour to make sure no one else is waiting for the chair.
Back to the beach was great and we spent a lot of our time there. Surf was a bit rough one day so we didn't stay in the water too long. We were whistled out of the water a few times due to sharks but as nervous as it made me it was also kind of exciting.
Remember that you can rent two chairs and an umbrella for 35/day or 175 a week or find the local beach store and buy them. I paid 50 for two chairs and and umbrella at walmart.
Overall, had a great stay at the Anderson Ocean Club and would recommend it for anyone looking for a family friendly beach vacation. Myrtle Beach was great as well
Lots to do.
Note: you also get free mini putt across the street and free entrance to a water park just south of myrtle beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We feature luxurious-, two- and three bedroom condominiums with room service and other amenities including a day spa with hair and nail salon, flat screen TVs, fitness center, indoor & outdoor pools, lazy river, Jacuzzi, oceanfront bar, wireless internet and valet parking. Our full service spa offers massages, facials, men’s spa services and more. Close to many nationally recognized golf courses, restaurants and area attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Anderson Ocean Club And Spa, Oceana Resorts
- Anderson Ocean Hotel
- Anderson Ocean Myrtle Beach