“First Class Treatment and facilities”

Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #9 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Hardy, Virginia, United States
“First Class Treatment and facilities”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I had been to Myrtle Beach before and walked up and down the main thorough fare wishing i had stayed at a better location. I found my way past The Anderson and just loved how it stood out amongst the rest on the strip. I made an appointment at that time for the awakenings spa inside. The spa treatment was wonderful. So when it came around to this trip I booked at The Anderson. I could not have been more pleased. The Staff were excellent. Stanford with the Bell staff was truly a wonderful way to start and end our vacation. The view from the 10th floor was gorgeous and we even were treated with a school of Dolphin on our second night. I had paid for boat trips in the past, but what we watched from our balcony was truly amazing. Dolphins jumping, swimming it the surf. 100% entertained. So with that I must point out an area in the negative first in the wonderful bathroom it looked as if a bit of the water leaked causing water damage next tot he linen closet. Room 1006 had marks on the wall probably from a flung suitcase over ones shoulder. Those were the only 2 negatives picky I know, but you have to have room for improvement. The rest was spectacular.

Room Tip: Ocean front has the best views.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (684)
Walterboro, South Carolina
Reviewed February 24, 2014

my experience was a great one staying at the Anderson ocean club :). I'm actually a HiLTON Grand Vacation Owner which now own the Anderson Ocean Club.The front desk was very pleasant and helpful down to making reservations for me. The guys at the valet was also very helpful and pleasant keep those men.

I want to say that The Awakening Spa was soooo relaxing.I loved Teresa at the front desk and Lanora my therapist!!!! If you wanna feel great stop there and just let them take care of you it was just to die for. I will definitely be back and do my detox and aromatherapy massage.If you stay make sure you go and book at the Anderson ocean club well actually Hilton Grand Vacations Club.

Room Tip: I didn't stay in a room that that the anderson own.I stayed in the new renovated room that hilto...
1 Thank lakimgriffin
Summerville
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is a first class hotel. Of course, it's a Hilton! Very friendly staff, with quick service. We stayed on the 5th floor, and the dolphins put on a show for us daily. Be prepared though, there is no continental breakfast. This was disappointing for a quality hotel like this. Of course, there are plenty of places to eat. I would not recommend "Magnolias" restaurant which is across the street. We had the breakfast buffet, and found it to very pricy, and not all that great.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Thank Franklin D. B
South Carolina
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Staff were very friendly and accommodating. The property itself is older and was an acquired existing resort- not an original Hilton Property and therefore not quite up to the usual Hilton Standard. However, our one bedroom room was spacious and very clean. All fixtures and appliances in great working order. The indoor swimming pool is almost an oxymoron in that when we were there it was 38 degrees and you have to go outside to get into the indoor pool. CHILLY. There is no maid service unless you are there for 7 days. Ergo, we had to make our bed daily. Clean towels are available at the front desk if needed. There is a great restaurant across the street The Magnolia - great southern food, some even healthy for you.

Room Tip: The ocean fronts seem to be better furnished. We were on 15th floor - no noise. Choose rooms with hi...
Fairborn, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Came down to run the marathon. The hotel facilities and staff were excellent. The location of the hotel was very convenient to the race start and finish. I was able to concentrate on preparing for the Marathon and not having to worry about any issues with lodging was a great relief. The room was very comfortable, nice ocean view and the bed was very comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We needed a long extended stay. The Anderson is CLEAN and the staff must go through some serious training. They are at your beck and call..The Magnolia across the street was very good.Want pizza they deliver!I was glad that we got our new house but will miss the sound of the ocean and birds.The beach is so awesome.I could tell what the weather was by how many people on the beach.I dropped 500.00 in 100 dollar bills.I did not know that. There was a knock at our door .The lady said did you lose something ?I said no,As soon as I said that I asked 500.00 yes Mam .Now you tell me where else would that happen.The bellman found it and return it in to the lobby.

Room Tip: any all are good
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stay at The Anderson every time we come to Myrtle Beach. The staff is very friendly, the location is perfect and the price is reasonable for what you get. Comfortable rooms with a great view. for some reason trip advisor wont let me post this review without it being at least 200 characters even though I did not have anything else to say.. Too bad I cant review trip advisor because this policy is stupid but I found a way around it.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a great view. The larger rooms tend to be on the end so it is a beach view an...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends