I was not sure what to expect having read some very negative reviews about this hotel, but rest assured that those who have posted very positive reviews are the ones to believe. Since the hotel is fairly new (having opened in November 2007), the rooms, lobby and hallways are in excellent condition. We stayed in a one bedroom oceanfront and I had absolutely no complaints about the room. The bedroom was a nice size, and the kitchen was very modern and well stocked. The bathroom was not huge, but there was plenty of room. My husband and I both loved the Jacuzzi tub, and the closet in the bathroom was very convenient for hanging wet suits to dry. Although we did not use it, I would think that the washer and dryer in the room would be very useful if you had children or just packed lightly. There have been reviews that stated that housekeeping was a problem, but we did not experience this. The room was immaculate (not a speck of dust as seen in pictures on this site), and stayed that way during our trip. We always could find someone in the hallway on our floor if we needed anything, and if our room was not their responsibility, they made sure that someone brought what we needed to our room (towels, soap, etc.) Speaking of soap, the bathroom was always stocked with Bath and Body Works soap, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. Very nice touch! We were on the 15th floor, and the view was amazing. People were always setting off fireworks on the beach at night, and we had an excellent view of the shows! This may be annoying to some who prefer absolute quiet in the evenings, but it did not bother us.
The pools are somewhat small, but there are 2 pools and a lazy river (the water was always pleasantly warm) so they do not get too overcrowded. Pool lounges are difficult to get unless you are out early, but we prefer to sit on the beach. You can rent chairs and an umbrella on the beach from the lifeguard, or some people did buy their own. We paid up front for the days that we were going to be there to make sure we had them reserved and could take our time getting to the beach each day. Getting to the pool and beach areas was not difficult, although it is true that you have to walk across the area where cars enter the hotel. The parking situation is not the best, as the parking garage is a bit of a walk. We paid for valet service ($8 per day), and it was well worth the money for the convenience of dropping the car off at the door and not having to walk over to get it. Even without the valet option, the parking inconvenience is worth staying here. We will stay here again when in Myrtle Beach!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We feature luxurious-, two- and three bedroom condominiums with room service and other amenities including a day spa with hair and nail salon, flat screen TVs, fitness center, indoor & outdoor pools, lazy river, Jacuzzi, oceanfront bar, wireless internet and valet parking. Our full service spa offers massages, facials, men’s spa services and more. Close to many nationally recognized golf courses, restaurants and area attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Anderson Ocean Club And Spa, Oceana Resorts
- Anderson Ocean Hotel
- Anderson Ocean Myrtle Beach