“Almost perfect!”

Ranked #9 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Sicklerville, New Jersey
“Almost perfect!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The location...amazing. The accommodations were comfortable and clean. A cigar smoker nearby was annoying. We reported it to the desk and we did not smell it after that. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The view from our room was spectacular!! The parking, however, left a little to be desired. It was tight and the climb was by half floors; 1, 11/2, 2, 21/2 etc. The first 3 floors (which were really 5 floors) were for valet parking...really? The room rates were high enough to allow you to park wherever there was a spot. The elevators were only on the even (not the half) floors...and we were stuck in one for about 10 minutes. We pushed the bell and yelled, but to no avail. When we reported it, they said they didn't hear the bell...scarey!
FYI...there is an ACCESS FEE of $5.00 a day! When explained to me, it is a fee for a third party who may own the room. Why should I have to pay that, when I only booked a hotel room...I assumed the hotel owned the room. If they sell it to someone, how does that become a fee for me. They said I should have been told up front...make sure you ask; I wasn't told. I would stay at this hotel again...for the most part, we were very comfortable there.

Room Tip: High floors are always the best...noisey near the pool. You also avoid obstructed views.
1 Thank Melanie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (684)
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Some rooms have been reconditioned others are very tired looking. Hotel in great location with great poolside facilities and beach and ocean view. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Valet parking is fast and courteous.

south carolina
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel and staff were as lovely and friendly as the building itself. Check-in was quick and easy. The room was super clean!! Everyone you met in the building and outside the building (including the miniature golf area) always had a smile and willing to give you any information or help that you needed. The thing that impressed me the most was after we had checked out, I realized I had left my glasses in the room. As soon as I walked to the front desk the receptionist remembered my name and asked what I needed. That impressed me so much, that I rushed to tell my husband. This small thing made us feel like we were more than just another guest.

Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed at the MB Hilton Grand Vacation - Anderson Ocean Club....the room was clean and spacious, and we heard very little outside noise. Housekeeping was excellent. I was surprised at how small the pool and pool area was -

3 Thank Traveler201254956
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We splurged a little for my son's 16th birthday at Myrtle Beach. We got an oceanfront 2 bedroom suite. Truly a great room. Loved the balcony off the Master Suite and the living area. Really loved the separation of the bedrooms, with one on each side of the suite. Well maintained. Never heard any of the neighbors, which often can't be said in other hotels. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable, which again cannot be said of many hotels. We were on the 20th floor and the elevator was extremely quick. Valet parking was easy and the valets were extremely polite. If I had to pick one thing that could use work, the lobby is fairly small for all the people trying to check in near the 4pm check-in time and the area to park to check-in was crazy busy.

Room Tip: 20th floor oceanfront suite had an excellent view of the ocean and beach, as well as the sunrise. B...
1 Thank ShondaM96
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We usually stay in North Myrtle, but decided to stay in the heart of Myrtle this year. This resort was very nice and clean, the rooms were gorgeous and the beds very comfortable. The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. There were a couple bad things I can say about this place...the parking garage is two streets away and if you don't use valet parking for $12.00 a day, you are forced to park on the upper floors of the garage which is not fun(very tight)...we had an end unit on the third floor where there was a public parking lot to the right of our room. I like to keep the sliding glass door open at night to hear the ocean, but the noise of people coming and going in the public parking lot was very loud and actually woke us up a few times and lastly the pool area is very small, nice but crowed. We went in September and it was crowded can't imagine what it would be like in the middle of summer. We will go back to North Myrtle next year.

1 Thank Carol Z
myrtle beach, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2013

we stayed here because it was offered during a hilton resorts sales pitch. it was very nice and decorated beautiful. we stayed 2nd week in September so i don't know how it would be at the peak of summer season but we really enjoyed out stay. Had a ocean view room, really wish we could have had an ocean front though.