Anderson Ocean Club and Spa, Oceana Resorts
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Sea Dip Oceanfront(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Sail Inn Motel(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Court Capri Motel(Myrtle Beach)
Carolina Grande(Myrtle Beach)
The Palms(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
The Strand a Boutique Resort(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)
3,150 results
All reviewsacross the streetvalet servicehilton grand vacation clubfull kitchenlazy riverself parkingpool areawasher and dryerliving roomgranite countertopsmini golfmurphy bedthree bedroomoff seasonfitness centertime shareflat screen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We rented the 1 bedroom ocean facing unit 1909 at the Anderson Ocean Club and truly had a great experience. The unit was clean and spacious; even though it was only a one bedroom the bedroom had 2 double beds and the living room had a pull out couch and a murphy bed so we were able to accommodate 5 people very comfortably. The building/unit is obviously very new as the unit had modern appliances, granite counters, whirlpool bath tub etc which was a nice change from some of the places we have stayed in the past in Myrtle Beach (many are old and in need of a facelift). The location was very convenient (within walking distance of restaurants/shops/beach boardwalk and Boardwalk on the Beach). We made our booking through Condolux of Myrtle Beach and the process was fairly painless. We booked on line and everything was managed and the pricing clearly called out in advance. We chose not to take the insurance (which saved us a bit), but the good thing was there were no hidden fees or surprises. The best part of our stay and the unit itself had to be the gorgeous ocean view (no side view or obstacles blocking the view). We left our patio doors open most nights to hear and smell the ocean air which was very relaxing....especially for the folks who slept in the living area. The unit also had a washer/dryer which was VERY convenient as we chose to travel light and pack little clothes. The only down side was the initial parking experience was a little confusing as we had to park across the street in a parking shelter, but once we knew what/where we were to park it was straightforward. And I would have to agree with another review that I read - the restaurant directly across the street should really be avoided, however not a big deal as there are many other fabulous restaurants in the area (within walking distance) . Overall a great experience at a very reasonable price. We would highly recommend this place and would return in a heartbeat!!

Room Tip: 1909 excellent room excellent view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steven D
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We decided to take a last minute trip to Myrtle Beach 6/29-7/3. The hotel where we always stay was approximately $1000 more for the same type of room (2 BR, 2 BA ocean view). Our expectations were pretty low due to our experience of the other hotel. I am SO glad the other hotel was overpriced because we found a fantastic hotel that we otherwise would not have known about! The hotel staff was amazing, the room was wonderful, the amenities were fantastic! We loved that we could use the water park in Surfside for free (another hidden gem!) And the kids loved the mini golf course across the street (Also no charge during the day!) The proximity to all that we love to do while we're in Myrtle was great and I honestly don't think we will stay anywhere else now that we've stayed at Anderson!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Amy M
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The wonderful picture of the Anderson Ocean Club with the golf course in the foreground is taken from where you have to park your car--on the 3rd level of the parking garage a block away. 1st and 2nd level parking is for valet only.

How can you call yourself a Hilton property and not participate in the Hilton Honors Program?

I just stayed there for five days with my family. Because of the little ones' nap schedules and lunches, I requested housekeeping come before noon. This request was only honored one of the four days. We threw my two boys' swim trunks in the dryer on the first day, and noticed the dryer didn't work. We called and were promised maintenance would take a look. Long story short, we called again every day for our entire stay, and the dryer was never fixed. A manager actually told me that I must be over-filling it. Apparently two children's swim trunks is too much.

Horrible experience. Read the other negative reviews about parking, check-in, and maintenance response; they are all true. I wish I had read them before wasting my money.

They ended up giving me $100 dollars back for not having a dryer the entire time, but I would have much rather had a dryer. Imagine wet bathing suits and no laundry for 5 days.

Save your money; don't stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Aaron C
OceanaResorts, General Manager at Anderson Ocean Club and Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property and your most recent experience. We truly value the opinions of our customers and are sorry to hear of your disappointment in our amenities and parking garage. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations. We have addressed your concerns with Housekeeping and the Maintenance team and have encouraged them to be more responsive and honor customer requests. We have hired additional personnel in maintenance to eliminate the frustrations you encountered while visiting. We are evaluating the current washing machines in the units to see about upgrading or replacing. As far as HHonors, that is being looked at for the future and hopefully, it will be recognized at our property as some point. I can assure you that your most recent experience is not a reflection of this wonderful property and I’m sorry this was your impression. We truly appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention, and we value your comments. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for the General Manager the next time you visit our area. We hope to see you again in the near future and I wish you and your family the very best.

Anderson Ocean Club and Spa Management

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We loved this resort! My family had a 5 night stay in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath oceanfront corner room. The condo was recently updated. It was clean, the furniture and décor was trendy, the bed was comfy, and the balcony was huge! The pools were small, but nice. There is a great big ocean right outside the gate, so 3 (smaller) pools, a lazy river, and 2 hot tubs were just fine for our family of 5. We enjoyed drinks from the pool bar and coffee from the on-site Starbucks. There was not a restaurant IN the hotel, but there are a ton of fun and yummy eateries within a short walking distance. One restaurant is literally steps away. The valet parking area was busy, but the staff was efficient in moving the vehicles and helping with the loading/unloading. All of the staff were friendly. I am looking forward to booking another vacation there in the future. One thing to note - Not all of the rooms on this property are Hilton rooms. Hilton took over management of the resort recently, but close to half of the rooms available still belong to Anderson Ocean Club. It is my understanding that those rooms have not been renovated so you may be disappointed if you book one of the AOC rooms instead of a Hilton room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Debra R
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hotel Staff was excellent Hotel Staff was excellent Hotel Staff was excellent Hotel Staff was excellent Hotel Staff was excellent Hotel Staff was excellent Hotel Staff was excellent Hotel Staff was excellent Hotel Staff was excellent Hotel Staff was excellent

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family