We stayed in a 3 bedroom oceanfront condo, which very comfortably accomodated 5 adults and 3 kids. We were on the third floor and I would recommend you try to book a higher floor, as we still felt that we were hovering over the congested pool area and did not get the full oceanfront effect. The pool area, room layout and balcony is nearly identical to Island Vista which is a little farther north. Different ownership. They are so similar I would say pick the one with the better deal, unless you are bent on being close to "downtown" Myrtle Beach, then stay at Anderson. The boardwalk is walkable from Anderson--but a long, long walk it is. Beach in front of the hotel is a little more congested than Island Vista. Regarding nearby restaurants--skip Magnolias. It has very limited hours, and the food is nothing special. Walk over to King's Highway (about 3 blocks) and there is Ultimate California Pizza, River City Cafe (great burgers), a Subway if you want something fast, and Kirk's Ice Cream (really, really good). Also, Sea Captain's is about 3/4 mile north on Ocean Boulevard. New York Prime is close on 28th with amazing steaks but really expensive, best for a special occasion. "Free" minigolf across the street was not always free, only during off-hours. They offer free admission to Wild Water and Wheels during the summer, that water park is well worth the drive and a nice perk. Between the two, I think I preferred Island Vista, but only slightly so. Either place is a winner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We feature luxurious-, two- and three bedroom condominiums with room service and other amenities including a day spa with hair and nail salon, flat screen TVs, fitness center, indoor & outdoor pools, lazy river, Jacuzzi, oceanfront bar, wireless internet and valet parking. Our full service spa offers massages, facials, men’s spa services and more. Close to many nationally recognized golf courses, restaurants and area attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Anderson Ocean Club And Spa, Oceana Resorts
- Anderson Ocean Hotel
- Anderson Ocean Myrtle Beach