“My Husband and I love the Anderson Hotel”

Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #9 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greensboro, North Carolina
“My Husband and I love the Anderson Hotel”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is the second time that my husband and I had stayed at the Anderson Hotel. We love everything in this Hotel, the staff is friendly and cordial. The hotel is clean, comfortable and the customer service is outstanding. In our future trips to N. Myrtle the Anderson is the place to stay . This is our favor HOTEL. See it for yourself. J & J- GSO/NC

Room Tip: Book a room at the Anderson is that Easy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
Charleston, WV
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I did a lot of research before selecting this hotel. My overview:

Positives: Location, comfy bed, pretty clean, workout facility, view from balcony
Needs Improvement: upgrade the toilet paper, more comfortable furniture on balcony, furniture was worn in living room, larger flat screen tv in living room, ice/vending machines on more floors, parking across street is a hassle, can't use luggage carrier unless you pay bellhop service, chair/umbrellas you have to pay

Note: fire alarm went off at 4:30 AM. Obvious that not all tenants evacuated as there were only 20 people standing outside. Question their evacuation plan. Afterwards, discovered a drunk/drugged man passed out in elevator and had to be extracted by local authorities. Could this have been the person who pulled the fire alarm? How did he get in the building?

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We have stayed at a lot of places in Myrtle Beach and the Anderson was by far the best place we have ever stayed. Everyone was friendly and courteous and went out of their way to make our stay a great one. We will definitely stay at the Anderson the next time we return to Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: get an oceanfront room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Indiana
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We were given a very nice one bedroom ocean front room. The room still has some of the older furniture, but the Hilton owns it now and is in the process of updating everything. Our check in was great and we has the bellman take all of the lugage to the room. Debbie Benson the concierge was so very friendly and helpful in making reservations for the show ONE at the Alabama theater. She was a vast wealth of information. I gave her some of our exeriences at restaurants for her future use also. Check her out she is the one with the big smile. We stayed 3 nights here in Myrtle Beach and after driving around town, this resort was very nice. We read books by the pools both inside and outside which were very nice. Lazy river very small but hot tubs great. The beach towels were plentiful and pool furniture very comfortable. I would stay here again especially after all the work is done. Parking is across the street if you choose to park your car yourself but valet is available for a price per day.

Hertford, North Carolina
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I went to Myrtle Beach, SC for a couple of nights for his birthday. When I booked at the Anderson, I had no idea how fabulous the accommodations were. I thought I had ordered a room with a king-size bed, but it turned out to be a king-sized oceanfront suite. It was very clean and very roomy with a full-size kitchen and everything you can think of that you would need. A washer/dryer was also in the suite, though I didn't need to use them. All of the staff were very helpful, courteous and friendly. Also included at the Anderson is a spa and exercise room. There is an outdoor pool, indoor pool and a lazy river, not to mention the beautiful sandy beach. The views from our balcony on the 19th floor were incredible. There is plenty of parking across the street, along with the Magnolia Restaurant which features a large buffet, or you can order from the menu. The oceanfront bar is very conveniently located. The hotel itself is in a great location, maybe a mile from the boardwalk. We will definitely go back!

Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed October 29, 2012

What can I say? This is the best resort Myrtle Beach has. The rooms are very nice and clean. I had an oceanview but the way the view was, it was like it was oceanfront. This is my second stay at Anderson and I will be coming back. I know Anderson is going to Timeshare but I hope they leave some of the rooms where you can book as a hotel stay as well. The staff was great. When I called to make my reservations, I spoke with Mary. She was awesome and had a great personality. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a Queen studio and it was plenty of space for two people. The surprise was it had a wash...
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed October 27, 2012

None of us had been to Myrtle Beach so my parents and I drove there and met my Sister and her family. What A trip! The Resort exceeded our expectations. The Good: Location(On Beach), Service/Staff(Friendly & Helpful), Activities for 7yr old niece, Pools, and Free Passes to Water Park. The not so good which turned out to work out. We requested floor 7, 8, or 9. We got 2nd floor. Manager offered to move us in middle of stay. Didn't want to pack up. Housekeeping office close to us. Turned out fine for extra items we needed during week. We could walk up and down steps instead of waiting for elevator. Elevators were slow. Front Desk just needs to let guests know how far a drive water park is. We almost gave up looking for it. We had 5 adults and 1 child in 2bedroom oceanfront suite. Perfect amount of space and kitchen well equipped. Cost of accommodations a little higher but worth it. The 800 Reservations was the best I have ever encountered. I can't remember her name. Extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Great time had by all. We all would go back, hopefully soon!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family