“HARRIS Family Reunion”

Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #9 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had a party of 40+ with 4 Oceanfront 3 bedrooms. Simply beautiful. We all had an AWESOME time. Will definitely revisit individually and as a family again. The Waterpark and miniature golf, plus the Resort daily activities helped in arranging FUN events for the family at no cost (WE LOVE FREE!!!).

Room Tip: Choose Oceanfront, the view is breathtaking.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Priscilla H

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed at the Anderson Oceana over the 4th of July holiday this year. There were 9 of us in our party when we booked the trip. It was over a holiday and we only wanted a half of a week, all of that combined, plus the different room setups that we were looking for, every condo and resort we Looked at were either way out of our price range or unavailable because of the dates we wanted, rooms we needed or the fact we were not staying the whole week. But the Anderson fit our bill perfectly and to a tee. Once we arrived at the Anderson, we were very presently surprised, by the size of our suit and all of the additional amenities. One of our favorite perks was the Anderson guest rewards card all guests receive at check in. We used it at every restaurant we went to. Which was a perk we didn't know about before booking the room. We also had services at the awakening spa, great experience for a very reasonable price. I can't rave enough about this resort. We will defiantly go back again, and I have been recommending it to everyone I know. Great place to stay with many unknown perks. :)

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Punchbug24
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My review is a bit late (stayed at the Anderson last August). It's a lovely, updated property. However, there are many of those along the strip. The room was large and comfortable, kitchen facilities came in handy and the location on the beach was convenient. However, there are many others (I've stayed at others in the past) with the same amenities. In my opinion, I just don't think it was worth all the money I paid, which was no little bit, I might add.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Liv4luv3340
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Very nice unit...we had a two bedroom. Staff was extremely helpful from Debbie in the concierge to front desk to the valet. Would suggest that kitchenware be expanded to eight in units that will accommodate eight...we only had a place setting for five and we did cook.
Beds were comfortable and bathrooms well equipped.

3  Thank John C
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This was the second year my family and I stayed at the Anderson. Once again our group consisted of six adults and two children (4 &6). We stayed in a three bedroom suite. We knew what to expect this time around which made things a little easier. Again, the loading/unloading area is tight. We actually found this time it was easier to pull into one of the 20min parking spaces rather then pull up on along the curb to unload and reload the car. We called ahead of time and found out we could check in at 1:30pm which was very nice. When we arrived to check in we found out we were currently listed as being on the second floor, which is not what we wanted. The woman at the front desk, Autumn, was GREAT!!!! She moved a few things around and got us on the 16th floor. I can't say how much we appreciated her help! The elevators were a little slow, but it was July and the hotel was busy, so it was to be expected. This year I noticed the added pool attendants. I never noticed them last year.

The only one thing we forgot to mention when we checked out was the dryer in out room really needed to be replaced. We had to run it multiple times to dry a load of laundry. Also it was very noisy. However, this would not stop me from staying here again!! I would go again in a heartbeat!!!

1  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed July 31, 2012

It was great, fantastic, clean, and very nice. Shona was very friendly to us. Valet was great as well. Oceanfront was great. Comfortable with clean linen. Im ready to go back for longer stay. Its just like a one bedroom apartment. Im in love with the property

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is our Second stay at the Anderson. We were here two years ago and it was AMAZING. I was very apprehensive about our first trip after reading the reviews then, but my fears were unfounded. THIS TIME however, I again stressed out about the bad reviews! We knew about Valet, the Pool sizes and the crowded Poolside lounges. That was all fine and dandy. Here is what we experienced. When we made our reservations back in JANUARY, we requested the 15th floor. I even called two days before we checked in and yes it was noted in our reservations. When we checked in we were given a 5th floor room. Really? The nice lady at the Front Desk, moved us to the 20th floor. ( She was NOT really pleasant about it either!). We paid for a week of Valet which was worth EVERY penny. The Bellmen and Valet staff were ROCK STARS! I would give them a five star rating!! We unloaded and went up to our room. Here is what we found. Popcorn under the chairs in the living room, earrings on the bathroom floor, Popcorn kernels in the Master Bedroom and it looked like the floors have never been vacuumed. I called the front desk and housekeeping came in the next day. SIgh. We even spoke with the HEAD of housekeeping and she assured us our room would be cleaned by the same women every day. This was NOT the case. A few days later my 14 year old found a STICK PIN in her Bed. Yes, thats correct. A PIN!!! I took it down to the front desk and was given a Sorry, we will let housekeeping know. NO ONE ever said anything again. She found another pin two days later! We found a childs shovel that was NOT ours also. We continued to find Popcorn Kernels everywhere. The vacuum in the closet was broken and when we tried to use it the broken belt smell was HORRID!!!!!! The pools are smallish, but our kids had a BLAST in them regardless. I also find it funny that there are signs everywhere that say you cant reserve pool chairs with towels, yet EVERYONE did. We did have a great week in the sand, beach and sun. We were VERY Disappointed with the amount of Money we spent. We assumed our room would be at least CLEAN!!! Please note that the Pools were Clean. The size of the room was AMAZING! The balconies are HUGE! The Ocean was Warm and AWESOME. The Housekeeping and Front Desk staff made us very sad. We will Probably NOT stay here again!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask the Front desk for a key to check your room for Cleanliness FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5  Thank Audrey B
OceanaResorts, General Manager at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you for your note regarding your recent stay. I regret the short comings with housekeeping that you indicated and lack of follow up with some of your concerns. I have shared your posting with the department heads and the supervisors in the housekeeping department. We have expanded our training program and added additional staff to improve our performance in these areas. The next time your travel plans call for you to be in the Myrtle Beach area, please contact me directly so I may see to your complete satisfaction.