“Very nice hotel”

Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #9 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed March 29, 2011

My husband and I stumbled across this hotel after doing lots of research on hotels in the area... neither of us had been to Myrtle Beach before therefore we were both unfamiliar with the area. This is a very nice hotel, good location--centrally located, and has a great staff. This will be the place we stay the next time we visit.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, May 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that after all of your research you came across our resort and that you will be staying with us the next time you come to Myrtle Beach. I hope that you will get come back to stay with us again soon.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (694)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 28, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week last week and I loved it! It is definitely a relaxing vacation. We were lucky enough to get 2 80 degree days in March where we could lay out by the pool and ocean! For the days where it was a little colder the indoor pool was very warm and the outdoor hot tub felt great with the breeze. Every thing from our room, to the pools, to the beach was clean. We stayed in a Studio Ocean View room, and our view was better then I thought it was going to be. The kitchen had everything we needed and was very convenient. The bed was very comfortable, and the staff was very nice. The hotel is also in a great location with Broadway on the beach just a couple minutes away! When I read reviews the only thing that I didn't like was that people said the parking garage was down the street. After staying at the hotel, I don't know what they were talking about it, it's a 5 minute walk across the street, and it's free, which not everyone has! I researched around before we left and other hotels that are the same price as the Anderson or more don't include full kitchens and a washer and dryer! The only negative thing I would say is that I wish they offered food options down by the pool. The restaurant that is recommended to go to across the street didn't look the best; we walked in there and then walked out.

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed March 27, 2011

My husband booked us for a weekend at the Anderson Resort in Myrtle Beach. The room was beautiful, clean, and very comfortable....especially the bed. We had a nice view of the ocean and enjoyed seeing the sunrise. The room was equipped with a fully kitchen and washer/dryer...a little home away from home. The furniture was very nice, not your usual hotel furniture. I would highly recommend anyone to stay at the Anderson and we definitely will stay there again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that your stay with us was fabulous and that you enjoyed watching the sunrise each morning from your balcony. I am glad that you liked having a full kitchen and a washer/dryer in your suite. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed March 26, 2011

This place was amazing and so well worth the money. It was the largest suite / condo I have ever seen. The decor is not to my tasting, but looks like it was semi professionally chosen. The mattress was even more comfortable than my one at home and definitely better than you'd find in ANY hotel. A FIVE STAR rating for sure, I would even consider purchasing one of the units. That's how much we enjoyed it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that you found this is the largest suite that you have ever seen and that you could tell that the décor was professional chosen. I hope that you will look into purchasing a unit, but if you don’t purchase a unit just remember you can come back and stay with us whenever you wish. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 26, 2011

This place is a magnificent beach treasure. I absolutely love it. Great location. This is my home away from home now. A great place for a romantic getaway or for family vacation.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you found our resort to be magnificent and that now this is your home away from home. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Greenville, Ohio
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Thank you so much, I have already received requests to return from my family. I am very glad we chose the Anderson Ocean Club and Spa, although we only stayed 4 days (2 where added after our first night) we had an exceptionally good time. We hope to stay much longer and try all of your amenities on our return.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that after your first night you added two more days to your stay. I am glad that your family had an exceptional time while staying with us. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We stayed for two nights and it was perfect! The hotel is beautiful and looks just like the pictures. It was right on the beach and convenient to everything (about a 2 minute drive to get to Broadway at the beach) and within walking distance to great restaurants and shops. The parking deck is directly across the street, which was not a big deal for us to park the car and walk (although if you don't want to walk, they do offer valet parking for $8 a day). The studio room we stayed in was beautiful and plenty big for two people! Nice kitchen, bathroom, and living area. The bed was a little soft, but not horrible. It was very quiet while we were there, the pools and beach were both pretty empty. We weren't sure when the spring break crowds would be there, but it clearly was not when we were there. The only real complaint we had would probably be with room service. Although they did a fine job as far as cleaning our room, they seemed to be in a rush to get to our room as early as possible to clean it. The first day they knocked in the morning (sometime before 10) and we were still getting ready to go to the beach for the day. We informed her we were just about to leave and she told us that if she didn't clean right then, she probably wouldn't have time to make it back to our room (which is odd considering how empty the entire hotel was!). The second morning (the day we checked out), the cleaning lady knocked on our door at 9am to clean the place, and she didn't seem to thrilled that we were still there, despite the fact that check-out wasn't until 11am. We realized since the place was so empty right now, that maybe the cleaning ladies get to leave early if they finish all their rooms early?! I don't know.... it didn't ruin the trip or anything, but definitely gave us something to laugh about! We would highly recommend this place and will definitely go back again to visit!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that your stay with us was perfect. I am glad that you liked the location of the resort since it is so close to many attractions and that the resort is right on the beach. I am sorry that the housekeeping staff knocked on your door early each morning. I will let the Director of Housekeeping know what problems you encountered. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.