“Great Place to stay”

Dayton House Resort
Ranked #30 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed November 13, 2010

We stayed at the Dayton House from 10/30/10 - 11/02/10. We arived early and were checked in and given our room key right away. Check in and check out were very quick and easy. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 5, 2010

I was not sure if this hotel would suit my needs by reading some of the negative reviews. Let me first say I have no idea why there are negative reviews for this hotel. It was even compared to the Marina Inn at Grand Dunes. I have stayed at the Marina Inn and it was twice the price of Dayton House but without the hospitality in my opinion. Phyllis was so nice @ Dayton House I couldnt wait to write my review. When I stay at a hotel I keep in mind that this is only a temporary stay and I'm not buying the property. With that being said the hotel room was clean, very clean, roomy with a great view and excellent parking. The kitchen appliances were a little dated but I was pleased with the overall cleanliness of the room. We had plenty of towels, a nice flat screen TV, plenty of chairs and the beds were very comfortable. People should stop being so critical about small issues and give a true review of the critical points such as cleanliness and customer service. I really wonder what their homes look like when compared to some of these hotels. Needless to say I have high standards and live in a quality home and the Dayton House suited my needs. Please rate the hotels fair and only give a negative rating if it is warranted. This hotel is in an excellent location with beautiful grounds. I would suggest the angle-view room in the South Building. Thanks to the reviewers who rated the hotel with true reviews and special thanks to those of you who suggested the angle-view room. If you choose Dayton House keep in mind that yes the kitchen and bathroom doesnt have granite and all the fancy amenties but you receive a nice clean room. There were no bed bugs and I cant say anything negative at all about my stay. My only issue was having to get my room key re-keyed after a late night out. Other than that I was so happy I stayed here and I will be going back next month. If I want all the bells and whistles I will go somewhere else and pay $150 a night but I enjoyed having extra money to shop the outlets. I got a great deal for two nights under $100 the stay was really worth more!!! Try California Pizza and Uncle John's restaurant for some great food all within walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TG-NC-CHIC007
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Having read some of the comment here I was a little concerned when I made our booking on line. The place exceeded our expectations. The front desk person (Phyllis) gave us the choice of 3 different ocean front suites when we got there. And before we made our selection she proceeded to show us the 3 suites in two different buildings. We have stayed in a few places in the last 40 some odd years, but nobody actually took the time to take us around and showed us the facilities. You could tell, she was proud of her workplace. The place was spotless. We had flat panel TV, two double beds, the works. The pool area was clean and there were plenty of available chairs. I know it was October and place wasn't busy. During our stay we talked to a few guest who have been back there a number of years. We enjoyed our stay so much so, that we'll be back most likely in the spring 2011.
Les& Janet
Toronto Canada

2  Thank Lesgy
Reviewed October 17, 2010

After we drove several hundred miles (we registered on-line) and had arrived we were informed that the building we were staying in had a garage but it cannot accept vans, suvs, or light trucks (pickup trucks) because the ceiling was too low. If you can't find a parking space in the very small area near the registration area you have to park across the street (crossing four lanes of traffic) or in the open lot also across the street.Had we known this we would not have even considered this place.We called them before we left and asked about parking yet they never mentioned the lack of parking for vans, suvs, and pickup trucks. The lack of convenient parking should have been disclosed especially if you require some assitance with mobility such as a cane,wheel chair, etc.Will never consider this place in the future.

Reviewed October 15, 2010

This was our first time at Dayton House and just fell in love with it. It's in a great location easy to get to great places to eat and LOVE their yellow umbrella tables.
Love we also had the choice of either going out to eat or we could fix something in our room with all the stuff we would need.
Staff was 100% helpful and always in wonderful attitudes that make it a pleasure to stay here.
It was recommended by friends and family and we are passing the word along to others!
Can't wait for a return visit and plan on making it a longer stay!
Thank you Dayton House for making our vacation a great one!
Daryl and Karen Bowser

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BowserVacation
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We have stayed a few other places around Myrtle Beach SC over the years including time shares with my parents. We had seriously searched for the best wheelchair accessible room and could NOT find a better place, period. All four heated pools, three hot tubs, and the ocean front itself can be reached with minimal difficulty. Others don't come close. Even without swimming or getting sand in your shoes, the yellow umbrella lawn is simply the best hanging around area imaginable. Just count the Canadian license plates, talk to people, and you'll find the same people for generations come every year from very far away places. Also keep in mind, you can't be oceanfront AND get any closer to Broadway at the Beach at the same time.

2  Thank babydux2
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I went to Myrtle Beach in August with my 17 yr old niece and we stayed at the Dayton House. The nightly rate was good ($89 i think) so we decided to give it a shot. We previously have stayed at The Royale Palms Hilton resort and The Marina Inn but wanted to reel in spending for this trip. The hotel is really old and I definitely felt like I had stepped back into 1960's Myrtle Beach with the super old furnishings and picnic tables on the back lawn leading up to the beach.

The room was clean though the kitchenette appliances and bathroom were really old so it gave it a dingy feel.

If those kinds of things don't bother you then you will probably be happy with the room and price however we decided that it was below our standards and are happier at a remodeled Hampton Inn at the very least.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family