“We have stayed at the Dayton House every year for 13 years”

Dayton House Resort
Ranked #30 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 2, 2010

We have stayed at the Dayton House every March for 13 years. We choose the third weekend in March for the PeeDee Street Rodders car show and always stay the week afterwards too. The desk staff are always nice and helpful. It is a quiet hotel catering to couples and families. You won't find any noisy high school or college kids here. The hotel has a very nice walk in heated pool and three jacuzzis. The rooms are nicely furnished. We have stayed in the suites building, and the other three oceanfront buildings as well. Our favorite are the angle view or side view rooms. The maid service is excellent. There is a great restaurant with walking distance - Uncle John's. Once you stay here, you won't choose anywhere else.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank terrijv
There are newer reviews for Dayton House Resort

Reviewed April 1, 2010

Myrtle beach... what can i say. our family loves it so much we never want to go anywhere else. its the perfect place. we cry every year we leave. They dayton house just make it that much harder. With the great location, the rooms, to the beach, everything is amazing. I couldnt imagine heaven being too much better. Witth 3 pools (indoor, indoor/outdoor, and outdoor), a lazy river, and countless hot tubs and saunas, and the wonderful outside veiw of the ocean and outdoor tables that covers the outside area abou as far as you can see. I would never stay anywhere other then here. i love it so much i plan on moving there in the future. Would i recommend? You bet. Theres no other place in the world. And to the comment about bed bugs... that story is truly unbelieveable. i couldnt think that the dayton house would allow that to go on. its been very cleanly, and i never thought twice about the beds. We have stayed in over 4 different rooms in two different buildings and i have never heard or seen anything such as this. If your looking for perfection, this is the place to be.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank haleyrocks1995
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Stayed here during my daughter's cheer leading competition when our usual hotel was already booked up. We were pleasantly surprised. The suites were similar to those at our regular hotel but with a nicer kitchen. Indoor pool was a little small but our teens enjoyed it all the same. The internet connection was a little slow. The kids complained that the beds in the bedroom were hard as rocks (we slept on the wall bed - ocean view - and I thought it was comfortable enough). Every person on the staff that we dealt with was very friendly and helpful. Location is great: ocean front, about a mile from Broadway at the Beach, about 4 blocks from the convention center, several restaurants within walking distance. We will absolutely consider staying her again on a future visit.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Upon arrival for check-in it was very frustrating to find absolutely NO parking while checking in. At the time of check-in, I was not aware that there was a lot across the street. I checked-in in the evening and the staff was EXTEMELY RUDE!!! My reservation was made by my husband and a joint visa was used to hold the reservation. I did not have that exact credit card on me but offered an additional credit card to be on file but wanted to the charges placed on the joint acct credit card. I was told it absolutely could not be done and they needed cash to be paid (IN FULL) at time of check-in. UNACCEPTABLE!! I have never gone to any hotel where they have told me I can not leave the charges on the credit card that was on file. I was given my room key and the woman told me my room number. Unfamiliar with the hotel (more like cheap MOTEL), I was sent on my way. I was unsure of which bldg to go to because I was never told at check-in, just my room numbert. I was by myself and had two children with me and decided to try the north bldg (dingy) to see if the room numbers matched. I had to park my car in front and bring the kids into the bldg just to see if that was my bldg (if the room numbers matched). When we found the room, the room key DID NOT WORK. I had to drag my kids over the office again and have the cards re-activated. VERY INCONVENIENT and UNACCEPTABLE!!! I finally got into my room with the luggage to find the room very run-down and dingy!! Very disappointed! I will be placing my opinion and every website possible! It is too bad that...I....did not read the reviews of your "hotel??" before I stayed, I would have NEVER stayed there!! P.S. While we were there the next hotel had a break-in and items were stolen out of the room, someone was mugged on the street (no lie) and behind the convention center, approximately 3-4 blocks up, someone was stabbed on Saturday night. Hmmm...think twice about a vacation there, I know I will!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank DittoBball
Reviewed March 29, 2010

I stayed at the Dayton House several years ago and didn't remember anything negative about it, so while planning a recent trip to Myrtle Beach I didn't feel like sorting through the thousands of hotels and made a reservation at the Dayton House.

They have at least 3 buildings, I stayed in an Oceanfront efficiency in the North Tower. The first night the bed was so lumpy and uncomfortable, the bottom sheet kept coming undone, even after we got up and fixed it. Luckily, the room had 2 beds and we slept in the other the remainder of our stay, it was better, but far from comfortable- soft and bouncy. The room is in need of updating. Perhaps it depends which building you stay in, maybe one is better.

The grounds and facilities seemed well kept, but with all the hotels in the area I'm going to try someplace else next time.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2010

I was recommended to use tripadvisor to find a place with a good review to travel to myrtle beach,sc because i had never been there before. We decided to try Dayton House. Despite it being an older facility, it does have mutliple buildings, multiple pools and is along the beach. The staff is pleasant, the place is larger because it has mutltiple small buildings on its grounds. I enjoyed my stay there because you could easily walk along the enormous beach without any problems. The road adjacent to the hotel is a safe thoroughfare to other delis, stores, restuarants and hotels. It is close to the downtown section where they have amusements and plenty of stores to shop at.
I haven't been able to visit recently, but the next time we go again we will definitely stay at Dayton House. We like the efficiencies which allow you to go to local walmart get your food and save on eating out all the time with a family of 4, it saves you money.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2009

We've enjoyed Dayton's lovely green beachfront with great oceanview and umbrella tables for years--one of the finest at Myrtle. Since the original owners sold to a large chain a couple of years ago, the linens, appliances, etc. have't been updated. What was vintage 70's charm indoors has become just worn and unfresh. Ask if a newly decorated room is available and check it out Otherwise, moderate prices are still available through mailings for their nice amenities. Fairly calm area with nearby Uncle John's restaurant.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family