“Finally found the perfect hotel!!”

Dayton House Resort
Ranked #30 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“Finally found the perfect hotel!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2006

We stayed at the dayton house this past week from june 26 thru june 30. Everything was great! From parking to customer service. We stayed in an angle oceanview eff. It was very clean and comfortable. Getting to the beach was a breeze. The pools were always clean. As far as the wristband thing goes, they only checked us once in the four days we were there. We didn't even hardly wear them. I have 2 small children, 2 and 5, and everthing was smooth sailing. I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody. We will be going back next year.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
Reviewed June 29, 2006

My entire family (7 adults and 2 children) spent the week with Dayton House. The only complaint I have is that the floors were not nearly as clean as they should have been. Our feet were black on the bottom from walking around in the rooms with no shoes on. It seemed to look like the rooms were quickly wiped down and in needed a good scrubbing. However, for those of you who spend most of your time outside of the room, the facilities are great. Multiple pools, hot tubs, a sauna, and even a lazy river...all along the beach. Be sure to use the free photo coupon. The guy taking our pictures was so incredibly friendly and all of our photos looked amazing.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 23, 2006

I totally enjoyed my stay at Dayton House. The Night Staff was extremely helpful and courteous. Having the grassy area with the umbrellas was an excellent addition and having a restroom at the pool side was a definite plus. The rooms and pools were very clean and well maintained. My experience here will encourage me to visit Myrtle Beach again in the near future. I would recommend Dayton House to everyone.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed June 19, 2006

My family and I recently returned from our third visit to Dayton House June 10 - 17, 2006. We were pleased once again with our stay. We stayed on the 7th floor in an End King Suite. It was plenty of room for me, my husband and our three children. The room was clean and our housekeeper, Deborah, was friendly, prompt and provided all the extra towels and pillows we needed. The pool, grounds and lazy river were clean and tidy as usual. I've read other reviews where people complain about the bracelets you have to wear to enjoy the amenities. I personally like the bracelet system so only guests of the resort can use the pools. I noticed one of the staff members checking them on occasion. He didn't disturb us and matter of fact, he was friendly and chatted with the kids at the pool. We didn't have any problems playing with balls and squirt guns in the pool. I think they limit the use of them when there is a large number of people in the pool.

We took advantage of the free 5x7 photo from Shoreshots Photography while we were there. The photographer was nice, professional and did an awesome job preserving our family vacation. The price of his photo packages are reasonable with expected turn around of two weeks.

In conclusion, I highly recommend the Dayton House. While they may not offer all the bells and whistles of some resorts, the staff is always friendly and accomodating. The buildings and grounds are clean, although not new, and the pools are spotless. We will be back again next year!

5 Thank amybrow
Reviewed June 17, 2006

Wow....I really didn't know what to expect...I read lots of reviews and was prepared for the worst. Boy was I wrong. My husband and I took our 2 kids( 5 & 2 ) down there for 5 days and just got back. I can't say enought about the Dayton House. Everything was great. The room was cleaned, fresh towels provided and vaccumed everyday. The elevators were fast. And only once did I see the "pool nazi" and he just walked over and said hello to all of us sitting in the hot tub. I waved my bracleted arm and he moved on. The front lawn was great for a lunch. But at the same time, it was just as easy to go back to your room to eat. My husband, said that he'd go back there in a heartbeat. My kids always made a friend to play with and just loved it. We can't wait to go back!!! Oh and before I forget, if you like a really good burger, you MUST try River City!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 16, 2006

We just returned from the Dayton House. This was our first time staying at this hotel and
we stayes from June 11th until June 16th. Our party consisted of myself, my husband, our 17 year old daughter and one of her friends. We stayed in the smallest building in an oceanfront effeciency. I will start with check-in it was great, no problems, Rob was super nice. I thought everyone at the desk was nice no one we ran into had an attitude. Our room was good the only problem was that the bathroom door didnt lock. Dayton house is a great place to take your family what I loved about it was no riff raff. We are a Christian family and did not want to go on vacation with a bunch of drunks If you want family oriented, clean, and just an all around fun place to stay I recomment Dayton house we will go back next year. We also went with another family with three boys and they loved it and they will be going back next year with us. Our new place to stay in Myrte Beach!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
sc
Reviewed June 5, 2006

I stayed at the Dayton house resort about 3 years ago,and just got back from my second trip there..Its still so clean,i watched every night and day, how they cleaned made sure all was in order..They let me check in 4 hours early,i was so tired....How nice is that..Afor the id bracelets no problem with that...Just hung them on my beach bag..The guys that came around did check,talk with the kids..They were nice,doing their jobs..I was there senior week,i liked the bracelets it kept them out lol...As long as they dont tear it down to build condos i will keep returning..

7 Thank funnygirl7