2,514 results
All reviewssuites buildingyellow umbrellasyella umbrellaacross the streetsouth buildinglazy riverjohn's restaurantocean frontgrassy areazero entrylawn chairsmain pooloceanfront efficiencyoceanfront roomsky wheelhot tubmurphy bed
Reviewed September 18, 2009

It is not a 5 star hotel, but a perfect stay if you just need a place to sleep, shower and relax quickly before your next adventure.

We had a side-view efficiency room, that had a little bit of an ocean view, but mainly faced the building in front of you. The room is big, the tv is modern. The beds were comfortable and we didn't have any bugs problem as some mentioned. Shower had a steady flow of hot water, kitchen was fully equipped, but we didn't need that.

They have two pools (that are in different buildings), several outdoor jacuzzis, a sauna which were great to have since it rained a lot on our stay. Myrtle beach is full of things to do outside, so I wouldn't recommend paying extra just to stay in the hotel room. Dayton house served our purpose perfectly.

When you are in Myrtle, take a day trip to Brook Gardens and Huntington Beach, we liked it much more than the Myrtle beach itself.
Have fun!

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We just came back from a 7 nite stay. Booked the room because of the great deal we got to stay for 7 nites and pay for 4!! And because Trip Advisor had it rated at #25. At first, I thought I booked an ocean front efficiency but the website is confusing and even though I clicked on ocean front... somehow I ended up getting an ocean view, 2 room suite. It was a nice room and totally sufficient for our needs but definitely in need of updating. Probably our favorite part is the REALLY great lawn area with big umbrellas and lounge chairs. One of the few places you can see the ocean from the grassy area.

The staff was very friendly, even let us check in much earlier than expected! Our flight landed about 8:30 a.m. and normally at other hotels, we just have to drive around until 3:00 but Dayton House let us right in. We wanted extra pillows and those were delivered promptly too.
As I said, room was nice but dated. Would have been nice to have more pans and things in the kitchen but we got by ok. The balcony, even ocean view still had a very nice view and it opened from the living room or from the bedroom so a nice plus.

The biggest downside was the bed. It was saggy and after a couple of days, we noticed red, itchy spots on both of us and from all I've researched, it's a case of BED BUGS!! Very gross. Had another bigger bug crawling on me one nite also.
So would we go back?? Probably not. Maybe a different room wouldn't have bugs, but still. There's enough other hotels on the strand not to have to take the chance.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank josie1057
Reviewed September 13, 2009

We had a very enjoyable experience at the Dayton House Resort. Everyone treated us very well and made our stay pleasant. We will return in the future and have recommended it to our family and friends. We had everything we needed in our room and the view was awesome. The grounds and pools were very well kept. We would like to offer a special thanks to Andy and Pam for working out the details for us to extend our stay on a full weekend.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2009

I was a little hesistant at first because this was our first time ever going to Myrtle Beach, but I am so glad we stayed here. We started off getting there at 10:00 a.m. because our flight came in early morning. I went to customer service to see what time we could check in.....THEY CHECKED ME IN RIGHT AWAY! That made our day so much less hectic. The staff was awesome, housekeepers were very nice. We were on the 9th florr, oceanfront with breathtaking views.
The pools were perfect and we spent many nights in the hottub. Our trip couldnt have been any better. Thank you Dayton House!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jmeyers0819
Reviewed September 8, 2009

My family has been staying at Dayton House for almost 15 years and I was not disappointed again this time. If you are looking for bellhops to unload luggage, martini bar by the pool, and a 5 star restaurant you are looking at the wrong place. However, if you are looking for clean large rooms, friendly staff, and a pool area/beachside lawn that's second to none you have come to the right place. I have stopped by and looked at most every resort in MB and all you see now are large hotels with hundreds of rooms and one tiny pool and one tiny hottub. You probably won't be able to find a chair to relax during the day. The dayton house has 3 pools, 2 hottubs, and a lazy river to choose from. And, they have lawns with tables, chairs, and umbrellas behind 4 buildings so you can always find a place to sit. Some people have complained about the furniture in the rooms. It is dated but the rooms are ALWAYS clean and taken care of. I like a 5 star resort as much as the next guy but if you want to save some coin and enjoy the beach this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends