“Great Vacation - Hard to Complain about Anything”

Dayton House Resort
Ranked #28 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Dayton House makes the most of what they have. Not the newest hotel - but they maintain it very well. Stayed three nights after Memorial Day - oceanfront room in South Building; 9th floor. Great view. The fridge and kitchen came in handy. Nice pools and hot tubs. Plenty of area to relax in front of the beach.

They seem to have plenty of staff cleaning and maintaining. I also had no trouble calling to make a reservation or double-checking it just before I arrived.

I was unsure about wireless Internet. I didn't bring my computer, but they had a couple of computers in the main office you could use to check e-mail and such. I never waited to use one.

3  Thank CRW9242
Write a ReviewReviews (1,962)

Reviewed May 31, 2009

My family and I have stayed at the Dayton House since 1998. Quality service from all the staff. Clean comfortable rooms. Very aforable with great amenities. The pools and the lazy river are wonderful. You have a great grass area with umbrellas and lounge chairs to relax or just a few steps to the beach. Dayton House is close to the down town but not in the beach traffic. The staff, from check in to check out is there for you.All staff members are friendly and are ready to make you stay a pleasent one. We have stayed in many differnt rooms and can say, there is always a good view. We have been staying about 3 times a year, and will not stay anywhere else. Try the Dayton House. You will love it. You will have the time of your life.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank PRFD106
Reviewed May 13, 2009

Just got back from bike week and I loved this place. The rooms were so crapy that you could not tell that we trashed it even more. Everyone was in and out of our room and plenty of people around who would rather fight you then to look at you. My kind of people.

It was great how everyone who came near the hotel got pelted with water ballons and what ever was not tied down in the hotel room.

I guess this is the last year for bike week but we made it a great one!!!

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank southernbiker
Reviewed May 11, 2009

This was the first time my family stayed and loved it. My 2 girls want to go back. We love the many pools they have and everything is so convenient. The aquarium and children's museum are not far from hotel. The staff were so nice. Rooms are not updated but it was very clean. Great Family hotel. Will stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2009

The hotel is adequate and I consider it a great value. The staff is friendly and maid service efficient. Pools and facility in general are clean and well maintained. Relaxing under the umbrella's was very enjoyable however, caution is due. The area is located next to a public right of way leading to the beach so be aware when taking valuables to the lawn/table area. As we sat reading with our backs to our table, a man came up from the beach and stole our bag containing valuables. So be alert, theives may be lurking.
Other than this unfortunate occurance it was a great, relaxing place to stay. This hotel is very quiet and geared toward mature adults. I would not recommend it to younger couples looking for a lively crowd.

Reviewed May 9, 2009

The location of this "motel" is great! I didnt pay over $60.00 a night, and very glad that I didnt! It is great for a family on a budget who will stay on the beach for a number of days, but not for a choosy traveler who prefers a more modern hotel. The outdated furnishings didnt bother me, but the standing water that surrounded my feet as I showered most certainly did! Loved the microwave, large fridge and stove. The room was clean, but smelled dank. Great view of the beach, and friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2009

We revisited the Dayton House for our 45th ann. It had been 43 years since we had been there.The rooms were not fancy BUT the cleanest that I have ever stayed in.Our room was next to the elevator but very quite.All of the staff was very nice. My favorite part was the lawn between the pool and the beach,with FREE umbrellas and tables and chairs. The only thing that was not my favorite was the parking across the street but the trade off was worth it.This place is great for people of all ages.I will be back next year!!!!

1  Thank happyonthebeachSc