We have stayed at the Dayton House many times. We have recommended the hotel to our friends and family. I have always told people the most important thing about Dayton House was not that it was fancy because it was not fancy but the important thing was it was clean and comfortable. We arrived July 31, 2004 and stayed to August 7, 2004. We stayed in the suites building. We had family with us and had three suites. It was so embarrassing. The windows were dirty, the air conditioner filters were filthy, behind the Murphy bed was unbelievable. Dust was thick on the air conditioners. I know the dishes are not to be washed by the maids but they should be clean when you arrive. They were in the cabinet dirty. Each day as we received the towels and wash cloths we would discard the stained wash cloths. The linens should be clean and if they can't be cleaned new ones should be supplied. Is this hotel under new management????? Try moving the loveseat and cleaning, it can be moved by one person. It is very light in weight. Don't lose something and move the loveseat to look for it. The dirt will gross you out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dayton House Resort has been creating generations of family fun for over 50 years and counting! Located oceanfront in Myrtle Beach, SC, the resort offers guests a relaxed, uncrowded, family atmosphere. The most popular amenity is a two-acre oceanfront tanning and picnic lawn filled with yellow-umbrella covered picnic tables and lounges. Other amenities include two indoor pools, a large zero-entry outdoor pool, lazy river tube ride, three Jacuzzis, John's Restaurant open daily for breakfast and lunch, the Yella Umbrella poolside bar and grill (seasonal), business center with computer access and coffee service open 24 hours, guest laundry, fitness room, ATM, vending machines, and complimentary on-site parking. The Dayton House is also centrally located in walking distance to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, the Myrtle Beach Sports Center, and one mile to Broadway at the Beach and the boardwalk attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Dayton House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dayton House Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton House Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Myrtle Beach