“Softball Stay”

Dayton House Resort
Ranked #30 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Dayton House Resort was extremely accomodating to our needs. Easy access to facilities, and housekeeping helped make our stay very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this resort for the price and location.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Vanessa S
There are newer reviews for Dayton House Resort

Reviewed August 18, 2014

The rooms here are obviously from the 80's, but very clean. The service is fantastic and if anything breaks the staff in on it immediately. The rooms are long and narrow with too much furniture. Two fit very comfortably, three a bit cramped and four in a room would be very crowded. The mattresses are new and bouncy but the sheets do not stay on. The showers are old but very workable. The air conditioning is efficient but either blowing the north wind or hot. However, the outdoors makes all that irrelevant. They have an indoor pool, and indoor/outdoor pool, at least 3 large hot tubs, a lazy river with fun water features and, best of all, a huge zero entry pool. The chaise lounges, tables and chairs on the grassy area and by the pool are plentiful and comfortable and the beach access fantastic. The snack bar serves bar food and beer, wine and cocktails and the service is great. There are many restaurants, bars and shops within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Charlene T
Reviewed August 15, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Dayton House in August and had a wonderful time! It is right on the ocean so easy to get to and from the beach and they have many pool areas including a lazy river which the kids loved! The large pool is a walk in which the youngest (2 years old) loved as she could get in on her time. Johns Restaurant has a great breakfast as well. We will definitely be back for another stay!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank LoveShows
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I have been looking for places to stay in Myrtle beach for summer vacation with my Husband and 9 year old daughter, Dayton House Resort is the place for us, if your looking for a hotel next to the beach with kitchen amenities this a the place your looking for, its walking distance from the Boardwalk and close to everything, parking was an issue on other reviews but for what its worth i the parking is not that bad at all, just make sure book a room that's ocean view or ocean front its not a big difference with the price with standard rooms, the view is well worth it. On the first day when we came the AC broke like 20 min as soon as we checked in, my husband called the front desk and somebody from maintenance came and changed the whole unit, we were located in the north building and I requested for a higher floor when I booked which we were on the 9th floor, we can see the full view of the beach, room is pretty outdated like what other reviews suggested but its pretty clean, housekeeping makes sure the room was clean/ vacuum everyday and fresh towels, for the price we payed is pretty well worth it. On our check out day my daughter would like to pick up some sea shells on the beach, I called the front desk they allowed us to check out an hour after check out time. In summary we would definitely stay in Dayton House again the next time we visit Myrtle beach.

Room Tip: book a room on the north or south building and request for higher floor, the view is much better,
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Joy L
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Just returned from our vacation to Myrtle Beach. Stayed here with a large group (17 rooms) and had a wonderful time. Front desk was very accommodating and handed out gift bags to each room in our group over the course of 3 days.I realized I left something in the room after we checked out and were on our way home - called the front next and they are mailing me my bag today. The group stayed in the suites building and I found everything to be clean. Some people did complain about parking across the street but it really was not an inconvenience to me. Best part of this resort is the yellow umbrella section of the lawn. Great place to get the group together to enjoy the day and night. I will definitely book this resort again next year.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank DONNA J
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Drive down Myrtle Beach's main drag and you will see hotels with miniaturized Vegas facades. Look behind them and you will see the same amazing beach.
Rather than paying for the fountains and statues, or for the fancy lobby, save your money and stay at the Dayton House. The Soviet style design of the hallways might actually grown on you (especially when you realize how much you're saving!).
This is a very clean hotel- housekeeping deserves a lot of credit. The rooms are comfortable. And there are two pools plus a lazy river plus two hot tubs, and great beach access (with a lawn set up with chaises and picnic tables). The outdoor snack bar featured great bartenders and very fast service for food. It was the perfect place for my two teenage daughters and me to enjoy some time at the beach while looking at area colleges.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank SteveColarossi
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Just returned from our family trip to Myrtle Beach. I choose to book our stay at the Dayton House Resort, based off of other reviews, and I'm SO thankful I did! We LOVED our stay and time spent here. The staff was all very kind, friendly, and helpful! We booked an oceanfront balcony, again, VERY happy we did...the views were amazing! The room was very spacious, clean, and comfortable, two queen beds was perfect for our family of three. Bathroom was very clean, worked well (little small but didn't matter, was only in there long enough to shower). Full kitchen, stove, large fridge, sink, microwave - didn't actually use all appliances but used most and all worked very well. We are already planning our next trip to Myrtle Beach and you can be sure that we will stay AGAIN!! I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else! Great location, great access to beach, close to boardwalk! We will definitely be back, I will definitely recommend to anyone!!

Room Tip: Our room was in the 'Middle' building...very quiet, great location, easy access to pools and...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family