I often read the reviews and wonder if there are competitors who write reviews. I saw so many bad reviews on this place but was told it was nice. Well maybe it was nice 30 years ago but not so much anymore. First, the enjoyment of your visit greatly depends on which building you stay. Fortunately, we stayed in one of the 3 partial ocean view room areas. There are two or 3 full ocean view areas and a whole building across the street from the main resort. Our party was spread out and some stayed in the full ocean view and one couple stayed across the street. Across the street was not so great. The room was tiny, the view was terrible. The room was a mess. The Sea Echo Motel behind it looked like a "no-tell-motel". It just wasn't very nice. Even our rooms weren't cleaned very well and the rooms are BADLY in need of rennovation. The Fridge, stove, oven and microwave were nice though. Some complained about the street but it looks like most of the resorts require crossing the street. The grassy area out front was nice. You could sit and watch the ocean above the sand line. However, though they require a wristband, it seemed loosely enforced and with the public beach access running right through the middle of the resort, it seemed a lot of non resort guests used it. This public beach access made the safety of property a bit suspect too. Additionally, the port-a-potties for the public access made for an oh so pleasant smell especially every couple of mornings when they emptied it. I feel like for the money, there are a couple or three better places to stay from what we saw. Rather than state them and look like a competitor, I would say, just do your research. I wouldn't say don't stay here, but I would say, you might be able to find some better spots for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dayton House Resort has been creating generations of family fun for over 50 years and counting! Located oceanfront in Myrtle Beach, SC, the resort offers guests a relaxed, uncrowded, family atmosphere. The most popular amenity is a two-acre oceanfront tanning and picnic lawn filled with yellow-umbrella covered picnic tables and lounges. Other amenities include two indoor pools, a large zero-entry outdoor pool, lazy river tube ride, three Jacuzzis, John's Restaurant open daily for breakfast and lunch, the Yella Umbrella poolside bar and grill (seasonal), business center with computer access and coffee service open 24 hours, guest laundry, fitness room, ATM, vending machines, and complimentary on-site parking. The Dayton House is also centrally located in walking distance to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, the Myrtle Beach Sports Center, and one mile to Broadway at the Beach and the boardwalk attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Dayton House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dayton House Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton House Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Myrtle Beach