“Wonderful”

Dayton House Resort
Ranked #30 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband,mother n law and I stayed at the Dayton House 09/17-09/20 2013 -We saw the show at the Carolina Opry and bought the package that included our room. I knew nothing about the Dayton House and since this was my mother n law's first time to Myrtle Beach-I wanted the trip to be special. Upon arriving at the Dayton House, I was greeted by a wonderful staff that advised me our room had been upgraded to a suite. My worries ended!-

The ocean front suite was cleaned, comfortable and quite.It, also, was close to the elevator---the view on the 15th floor was wonderful---a beautiful sunset and sunrise was seen by us--we enjoyed the hot tub -(My mother n law enjoyed the hot tub (another first)., the lazy river (she tried this as well-another first for her) and I enjoyed the heated pools- We also enjoyed sitting and relaxing on the balcony. The beach chairs were wonderful, we like the idea that this area is grassy. We did not try their restaurant (located within walking distance) this time, however we are planning a return trip and are looking forward to a second stay at the Dayton House. We have and will continue to talk about our wonderful stay at the Dayton House-how nice the staff and maid service is.Yes,we recommend the Dayton House to others. Bonnie and Robert B.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bonnie B
There are newer reviews for Dayton House Resort

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed at the Dayton House Resort Nov 3-7 2013,I had arranged the trip with the carolina opry for a 3 night stay 2 shows and 1 dinner for a excellant price.Check in was quick the room was ocean front middle building 3rd floor,had a kitchen area twin beds sitting area also,was clean and I was treated like family.Location was great close to everything you needed to get to the room was clean maid came in everyday.Uncle Johns acroos the street had good breakfest and lunch great people over there also.And decided to add 1 extra night to package no problem with doing that the weather was cool then warm and sunny,pool and hot tubes were great and kept clean all the time i was there.Everyone was the Best and took care of anything you may need,I plan to go back next year in the spring and fall thanks to everybody there I was very satisfied with my trip,take care till I see you again thanks so much,Brian Williams.

Room Tip: Choose ocean front rooms they also have side view . Middle Building was quiet and best view of pool...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Brian W
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We've been going to Mrtyle Beach since 2000. The first time we stayed in a condo. Since 2001, we have been stayin at the Dayton House on the beach. We get excellent service. The place is clean. I is located to everything we need. (Don't golf). We spend three nights an four days.

Room Tip: We have a kitchen so we eat breakfast and lunch in the room We always get an oceanfront room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Muriel W
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed Nov 7-11 2013. Check-in was quick and painless clerks were very friendly. The room was very clean with new appliances (room 640 ) btw. The location was perfect, right on the beach and close to everything. Maid service was perfect, very friendly and left plenty of towels which is always nice. The heated pools were nice especially with the cooler weather and always clean. They also have their on restaurant Uncle John's Family restaurant which is located across the street, very friendly and good food as well. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dean68103
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at Dayton House 11/2-11/4/13 in the south tower. It was a good value for the price. The decor is dated and mismatched but everything else was fine. My room was clean and everything was in working order. Nice selection of pools and the view was great. No problems parking and the staff was pleasant and efficient. The grassy area with the beach chairs was really pleasant. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: The oceanview rooms have an excellent view and cost significantly less than oceanfront.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank John_In_DC_11
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Located right on the Atlantic Ocean the unit was comfortable, with a view of the ocean. It was nice to have a full size refrigerator, stove with oven and microwave. We used the heated pools and hot tubs several days. The maid service was excellent and the front desk staff were extremely helpful. We stayed from late October to early November and the room rate was very good. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Book a long time ahead.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fenix S
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were at the beach for a weekend of baseball at The Ripken Experience and our entire team stayed at The Dayton House Resort. Great price as it was the off season (October) and oceanfront to boot! Rooms were clean, friendly staff, location was great. No restaurant on site, but we had no problem finding many choices within walking distance - breakfast, lunch, dinner, ice cream, Starbucks! We didn't do any eating in the room, but there was a small kitchen area, nice size fridge, etc. Would definitely stay there again and would definitely recommend to others.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family