Stayed here this past week staying with my wife, child, and inlaws. Booked this via Priceline on their express deals (went in blind) for $92/night 4 days out, so not bad at all. A friend of mine tried booking something 2 days out, but prices had doubled. It pays to find that balance between booking early (if it is indeed a busy time of year at a popular destination) vs. last minute in hopes of finding a fill-up-to-capacity deal.
The property is dated, but the staff (check-in, pool, area, etc.) was friendly and active. One deduction is that the cleaning staff did not clean our room the last two nights and didn't drop anything off either. Ran out of toilet paper and towels and had to request some. That said, the room and the resort itself were clean.
Parking "is what it is" in the sense that there's very few (5 or 6) spaces directly at the building (we stayed in the North building), with all other parking either across the street in an open lot or even further away in their parking garage. However, this is standard among the oceanfront properties where space is at a premium.
Pools were nice and it's right by the beach as well. Our balcony had an "angled view", but again for the money it was to be expected.
A/C unit was strange in that you had to set it to 65 in order to get the room comfortable. It worked though. Beds were reasonably comfortable and not stiff. Plenty of pillows too.
Our room had a small kitchenette with a stove/oven, sink, and a fridge. This was a nice perk to have for the price range.
All in all, not a bad stay. I've stayed at better and have stayed at worse. If I could rate it 3.5 stars, I would, but I'll round up to 4 stars. Again, just have to understand what you're getting. Not a bad place at all if on a budget and want to have oceanfront resort accommodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dayton House Resort has been creating generations of family fun for over 50 years and counting! Located oceanfront in Myrtle Beach, SC, the resort offers guests a relaxed, uncrowded, family atmosphere. The most popular amenity is a two-acre oceanfront tanning and picnic lawn filled with yellow-umbrella covered picnic tables and lounges. Other amenities include two indoor pools, a large zero-entry outdoor pool, lazy river tube ride, three Jacuzzis, John's Restaurant open daily for breakfast and lunch, the Yella Umbrella poolside bar and grill (seasonal), business center with computer access and coffee service open 24 hours, guest laundry, fitness room, ATM, vending machines, and complimentary on-site parking. The Dayton House is also centrally located in walking distance to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, the Myrtle Beach Sports Center, and one mile to Broadway at the Beach and the boardwalk attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Dayton House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dayton House Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton House Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Myrtle Beach