“Very clean”

Dayton House Resort
Ranked #25 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Very clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We had an ocean view with a small kitchenette. The room was very clean which is very important . The bathrooms are tiny and the vanity lighting is poor. The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were hard as rocks. The air conditioners are very loud.
The grassy lawn area was set up with lounge chairs , chairs, table and umbrellas which was nice , but wear flip flops on the grass because it has some kind do briar thorns in it. I learned that the first day.
Parking is not the greatest. They have several lots available, but the most convenient one is always full if you get in late. Therefore you have to walk a block and when it is pouring rain you tend to get soaked. They should offer a shuttle service on rainy days at least.
All in all it was okay.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Georgia924

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

If I know I'm not going to be in the room much, I don't need a fancy hotel. If you are looking for a luxurious spa resort, this isn't it. But if you want a pre-season bargain, Dayton House is perfect.

I came here looking for a cheap beach vacation, and that's exactly what I got. I flew in, rented a car, and booked an efficiency in the West Building.

The staff was friendly, especially at the Yella Umbrella (hotel bar). Drinks that normally cost about $12 in Philly cost $6.75 here, so the bartender did learn my name rather quickly.

The room was clean and well stocked. The west building needs some minor cosmetic work. I had a room that was meant for 4 to myself. The bathroom is tiny. It worked well for me but may have been a problem for a larger group. I was fine with my view and location, given the price. It meant an additional distance of about 100 feet to the beach.

The property had plenty of free parking. I didn't make it to the gym-I preferred to walk the neighborhood-but I saw most of the other buildings and pools. The zero entry pool and the lazy river were the best options for children. Although there are lots of kids in the area around the zero entry pool, they all seemed to be well behaved.When I wasn't on the beach, I spent time in the hot tub near the bar.

I was in Myrtle Beach from May 12th-May17th which is during bike week. The noise didn't bother me because I live a block away from a major interstate, but it's something to consider. Everyone was well mannered, but do watch for the bikers if you're driving.

All in all I enjoyed myself. I would certainly recommend this to those who don't require fancy accommodations!

Room Tip: My pictures are of room 215 in the West Building, which is across the street a bit quieter. If you w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lorrayne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very clean, the staff courteous. The hotel wasn't what I expected for the price though, I had much better. The rooms were small, the bathroom even smaller. The pools aren't big, kind of felt like you were on everyone. I would stay again if I got the room at a much cheaper price.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Jadaaskew
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I went for a weekend getaway. We were met with friendly staff and a clean room. Check-in was quick and easy. My request for an oceanfront room 4th floor or above was done. I was on the 6th floor with a clear view of the ocean. LOVED IT!! The location is great because you are in walking distance of plenty of great restaurants and entertainment. We would definitely stay with them again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zelda T
Weston, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for new year's eve with my boyfriend and it was great! The rooms are spacious, beds are comfy, and it even had a balcony with a view of the ocean! Only downside was that the hotel is a little outdated and the elevator was pretty old which was kind of scary

• Stayed December 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My golfing buddy, John and I stayed at the Dayton House for 4 nights. We found the Resort Office to be very friendly and very courteous. The room we stayed in was clean with a partial view of the ocean. The bed linen was changed every day and fresh towels were always provided.
The room was an efficiency with refrigerator, stove and microwave. Dishes, utensils, and pots and pans were also provided. everything appeared to be clean and ready to use.
There is a restaurant across from the Resort called Uncle John's. It serves breakfast and lunch. We went there for breakfast each day and the food was good and served in a timely manner.
My partner and I believe that Dayton Resort was a good value and we would recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Claude C
Dahlonega, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Conveniently located to most attractions including the boardwalk, it was much better than many of the other hotels we had stayed at in Myrtle Beach, and cheaper too. Rooms were clean, ocean front with pools AND a lazy river. Plenty of lawn chairs for sunning and FREE hot breakfast each morning. We really enjoyed it and will return soon.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ocean side are quieter and have a better view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family