“Great stay”

Dayton House Resort
Ranked #26 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Great stay”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I will start out by saying that I am a bit on the high maintenance side so when my husband vetoed the pricer hotel I found Dayton House. I was very pleased. Yes, it's a 3 star hotel, however the scenery was beautiful, the pool was like bath water and the service was friendly and most important to me, my room was clean and up to date! I will say The maid service was a bit hit or miss- sometimes my bed was made and the room was tidied, other times not so much, but Really this was a non-issue for me.They were also updating the lobby area when I arrived and I was pleased with the upkeep of this older establishment. I would definitely come back!

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Kelklein

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was disappointed with how old the hotel was. We stayed in a two room oceanfort. The room size was also small. It was clean and the staff was pretty friendly. I was expecting it to be a "Resort" that is not the case. I think the price was to high for what you get. It was not a horrible place to stay. The location is good along with the pools and grounds but overall I was disappointed.

1 Thank Kelly L
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were only one night at Myrtle Beach. Our room was clean, large with a beautiful view of the ocean. Location was great. We were able to walk to restaurants, mini golf etc. The staff was very friendly. The weather was cool but many kids were using the heated pools. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The ocean view was definitely worth the extra money. Standing on the balcony listening to the ocean...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kapt1
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Just returned from a 5 night trip to Myrtle Beach. We stayed at the Dayton House because of the great deal we received as well as all the good reviews. We were not disappointed. Dayton House Resort sits right on the strip but it's away from the noise and crowd but within easy walking distance to restaurants, shops, etc. There were four of us (parents, 2 teenagers) and the angled ocean view room was perfectly fine for us. We had a kitchenette and 2 queen beds. The housekeeping staff kept our room clean, our towels were always fresh and they even cleaned the tub each day - what hotel does that? The beds were soft, comfortable and clean - very important to us! It was a little cool for swimming while we were there but the pools looked to be clean, the hot tub was in use daily, and they have a lazy river. Nice chairs and lounges in the lawn area and right on the beach. What more could you ask for? We will definitely stay here again. Management was very friendly and helpful as well. Very nice place!

1 Thank LF3245
Belmont, North Carolina
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Our group recently stayed at the Dayton House for our cheerleading competition. Although this is a slightly older hotel please don't let the looks deceive you. This hotel was amazingly clean, updated and the staff was very amazing! Our group was extremely pleased with both the accomdations and the location and will definately return. If you are planning a trip to the beach I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Beachview was beautiful
1 Thank Lynn0811
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 10, 2013

we always stay here. they are so friendly and the place is clean and quiet. i had asked them to save me a sunday newspaper (for the coupons) and Tasha was kind enough to go out of her way to do that for me. I was impressed that they did this request for me. they are very family oriented. pools were clean. grassy area was neat and clean. they even mowed while we were there. that is why Dayton House is our "home" when we travel to the beach.
We have stayed at some rather unsavory places in the past. So glad that we discovered the Dayton House. the location was great. we were there the weekend of a classic car show and it was only two blocks walking distance from the hotel. Great fun, can't wait to go back again!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jane P
Orchard Park, New York
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed in what I believe they called an angled ocean view efficiency. This room reminded me of the type of rooms I would rent back in my college days (the 80s). The room was quite small and the bathroom was claustrophobic. I would find it very trying to spend more than a weekend in the room.

The place was clean except for a bit of mildew around the edges of the tub. The carpet was new. The view was fine. The pool facilites were very nice...a big, warm pool and more. The grassy area was lovely and I spent some time sunning there. The location was good, too.

Room Tip: Our room, #627 in the north tower, had nice sun from early afternoon on.