My wife and I have stressful jobs in education. We love our jobs, but it is so nice to get away. We have never taken a vacation in October as this is during the school year but we decided we just needed to get away. What a great decision it was. We loved relaxing by the pool. And, in October, we were delighted to be able to swim outdoors. We live in Frederick, Maryland. Swimming in October outdoors does not happen in Maryland.
We also love to read. During the school year there just isn't enough time to devote to our reading passion. On this trip we enjoyed reading by the pool or out by the ocean. We also loved reading on the balcony.
Sleeping in was great but we always went to Uncle John's for breakfast. You can get the best breakfast there and at prices found in your hometown. The waitress staff was all excellent. They are all so happy to take care of you.
We caught several entertaining acts while at Myrtle Beach. We loved the Pirate show and One, the show. We also enjoyed the comedy club that we went too.
It was such a treat to rest, read, eat, and enjoy shows. The view from the oceanfront room was wonderful. We really hated to leave. Every day since we have been there I get on the Myrtle Beach Earthcam to check on conditions at the beach. You can see the vacationers walk by and you can hear the ocean. I take time out of my busy day to visit the website and it has a calming effect on me. I can't wait to get back to the Dayton House.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dayton House Resort has been creating generations of family fun for over 50 years and counting! Located oceanfront in Myrtle Beach, SC, the resort offers guests a relaxed, uncrowded, family atmosphere. The most popular amenity is a two-acre oceanfront tanning and picnic lawn filled with yellow-umbrella covered picnic tables and lounges. Other amenities include two indoor pools, a large zero-entry outdoor pool, lazy river tube ride, three Jacuzzis, John's Restaurant open daily for breakfast and lunch, the Yella Umbrella poolside bar and grill (seasonal), business center with computer access and coffee service open 24 hours, guest laundry, fitness room, ATM, vending machines, and complimentary on-site parking. The Dayton House is also centrally located in walking distance to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, the Myrtle Beach Sports Center, and one mile to Broadway at the Beach and the boardwalk attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Dayton House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dayton House Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton House Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Myrtle Beach