“great place to stay”

Ranked #27 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Lucasville, Ohio
“great place to stay”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

this was a very great place to stay and my family will be staying here every time we return to myrtle beach...rooms were very clean ...staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable (one staff member even found me a phone cord because i left mine in ohio)...family oriented...most people that were staying there were family oriented and not partiers where you cant get any sleep ...our ocean front view was amazing from the fourth floor...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed at Dayton House the week of Memorial Day. Like others said it's a bit old outdated hotel, a little rusty here and there, older appliances etc. But it's in great location right on the beach, has several swimming pools and hot tubs, our room was very clean and we had a great view (we had a partial ocean view room) and really enjoyed the balcony. Having a kitchen in the room was also great. The only complaint I have is the maintenance of the pools and lawn - there was a small storm overnight and in the morning and the lawn chairs and umbrellas were scattered around and were not set up until the next day. The lazy river pool had tree leaves and candy wrappers floating in there for the rest of the day so we could not use it which was a shame as it was our last day there. Other than that we had a great experience. Overall, it's a great value for the price and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travellingblondgirl
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed June 3, 2012

This hotel is older but very clean and very well kept up in side and out.we had a two room st.over looking the ocean it was very nice!! The staff there are also very nice and helpful.I believe a family owned business they do try harder to please because they want you to come back. There is every thing a family would want at this Resort even location is good.

Room Tip: ocean front blg.6
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Barbara C
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I just returned from staying at the Dayton House for 9 day's and night's. As alway's the staff (inside and out), maid service, snack bar (Diane and husband) were all excellent. I have stayed here for several year's and cannot imagine staying any place else. Everything (inside and ouut) is so clean. Hope to go back this fall for 2 week's.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Toby P
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My soon to be wife and I spent 5 nights at the south building. First off DO NOT Bring your family on Momorial weekend. What no one tells you is that it is black bike weekend!!! But for the hotel the elevators are old slow and the doors open before you stop on your floor. We were on the 5th floor many nights the elevator would take us up to the 9th floor sit there with doors closed than back to the right floor. Next was the bathroom that is the size of a closet and if you are much taller than 5 foot 4 prepare to bend down to wash your self vary low shower heads. The room was ok beside the gross fridge. Ocean front does provide a nice view. Pools were nice but always to dirty for my liking. I stay at a lot of hotels for my job and by far this had to be one of the worst ever. We plan on coming back to Myrtal Beach but will defentaly find a new hotel next time.

• Stayed May 2012
ohio
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I have a hard time giving this hotel a 3. I have been comming to dayton house since I was little in the 70's. First, we came on memorial weekend BIG MISTAKE!!! Myrtle beaches "black bike week" When we first found out I contacted the hotel and was told it didnt come down into myrtle beach and it may not be the best family weekend but bike week should not impact our trip. WRONG!!! Bikes are not allowed on property, but there is public access/parking between buildings and they pile 6-7 bikes in a space for $6 a day. The noise and traffic after 5pm is almost unbearable. I realize the hotel can not help this but I feel they should have been honest. I have never been scared to leave my room until this trip. There was marijuana smell in my room for 2 nights and I finally called the front desk it got so bad. I should have done it sooner, because it did get better after that. On monday there was a young boy(9 or so) in the pool that stated he was from myrtle beach and we never saw anyone watching him all day so he was either dropped off or something. We did not report it because we felt sorry for him. he was obviously hungry. My son stepped on a beer cap in the hot tub pretty bad. blood everywhere. picked up about 10 of them, and took them to the desk complaining.
the good things.... I will not stop coming here. I feel most of the problems were out of the hotels control. I just wish they had been honest when we asked about the bike week. The rooms are big, and we were able to sleep 6 with no problem. the pools and grounds are always clean, every morning they are out there. the rooms were recently updated with granite counter tops in kitchen, bathroom and the end table in living area. full kitchen is awsome, and make sure you eat at uncle johns, and kirks ice cream. close to broadway on the beach and the pier. my son caught 2 baby sharks!!
overall, after the bikers went home we had an awesome time.

Room Tip: family suites are the only wat to go all are ocean front, and have a seperate living area with pull...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank zoom8942
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Dayton House. The first night we were in a building across the street (we didn't realize that it was across the street when we booked, it just said not ocean front) but the staff worked with us and got us an ocean front room for the next two nights (we had to pay to upgrade but that was fine) and we loved it so much. It was a great experience -- the staff was great, the hotel, room, and grounds were very clean, the pools were clean, everything was great. We will definitely go back there!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com