We very much enjoyed our stay at the Dayton House. This is an budget-friendly, older, family run resort well located on a beautiful stretch of Myrtle Beach. The resort seems to be well-kept and the friendly management seemed to care a lot about both the resort and their customers. Very different from my experience with some larger-chain resorts! We really appreciated how the manager (John) helped us with a tiny issue with our room. He was wonderful, (thanks!). The rooms were a little dated, but clean and well-maintained with small kitchens, great for fixing lunch and storing cold drinks! The ocean views were as good as it gets!! We loved all the different pools attached to the different areas of the resort. As others pointed out, this resort is really a series of different buildings close together. Perhaps we're used to living in a big city, but we didn't find the parking to be a big deal at all. If you have a big SUV, you might have to park in a lot adjacent to the building, but is that really a big deal? Not to us!
There's a lawn area with umbrellas and comfy lounge chairs too. We found ourselves spending a lot of time just hanging around the different pools, hot tubs, and walking on the beach. On a rainy day--we went up to Barefoot landing and Broadway at the Beach for some shopping. Broadway is a short drive up the road. There are plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance. In fact, we ate breakfast every morning at Uncle John's--a down-home type diner/lunch spot with great service, very affordable prices! We also recommend: Dirty Don's (awesome bartender), River City Cafe (great burgers/veggie burgers), and Bummz on the Beach for the live music. We'll definitely be back to Dayton House!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dayton House Resort has been creating generations of family fun for over 50 years and counting! Located oceanfront in Myrtle Beach, SC, the resort offers guests a relaxed, uncrowded, family atmosphere. The most popular amenity is a two-acre oceanfront tanning and picnic lawn filled with yellow-umbrella covered picnic tables and lounges. Other amenities include two indoor pools, a large zero-entry outdoor pool, lazy river tube ride, three Jacuzzis, John's Restaurant open daily for breakfast and lunch, the Yella Umbrella poolside bar and grill (seasonal), business center with computer access and coffee service open 24 hours, guest laundry, fitness room, ATM, vending machines, and complimentary on-site parking. The Dayton House is also centrally located in walking distance to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, the Myrtle Beach Sports Center, and one mile to Broadway at the Beach and the boardwalk attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dayton House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dayton House Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton House Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Myrtle Beach