“GREAT FIRST FAMILY TRIP!!”

Dayton House Resort
Ranked #30 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 30, 2011

This was our first family trip ever,and we came here to the Dayton House which my Grandparents have came to for many years.
We had a great time and our children loved the ocean!!!!!
Our room was awesome it was very clean and was cleaned every morning.Everyone was so nice, our only problem was we wanted to stay! We cannot wait to come back next year! Our children cannot stop talking about their first trip to MYRTLE BEACH and the DAYTON HOUSE.Great place we will not even check out any other place but the DAYTON HOUSE. Thanks again for a great trip!!
ERIC&LISA KUBISH

1  Thank elkubish
There are newer reviews for Dayton House Resort

Reviewed June 30, 2011

I booked Dayton House based on the price and online reviews and i was not disappointed. We had an oceanfront efficiency room and it was great. We had never been to Myrtle Beach before and didn't exactly know which area to stay in. I highly recommend Dayton House for those who want to relax or have families. It was quiet and relaxing. Everything was within a short drive. We went jet skiing, horseback riding, to medievel times and of course lots of shopping. We didn't use the pool area because we enjoyed the beach but for families it looked to be great. The efficiency kitchen had everything we needed to make breakfast and lunch and we went out for dinner. Highly recommend Golden Corral. For the price you can't go wrong.
We will stay at Dayton House anytime we return to Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank DonnaBirkett
Reviewed June 29, 2011

This is truly our favorite place to stay for vacation. Since we drive and the price of gas these days, Florida isn't a place we can get to very often. The Dayton House Resort is easy to get to, fun and relaxing. The rooms are nice and the employees are friendly and helpful. The beach is large and clean. I would recommend staying here to everyone. I was recently here with my daughter and granddaughter, and my husband and I will be returning end of Sept, 2011.

Room Tip: Beachfront is quiet during
2  Thank CharlotteZ55
Reviewed June 24, 2011

We stayed in the Suite Bldg. It was very clean and the staff was friendly and very professional about maintaining the property. We had been going to Clearwater Beach,FL but we will be coming here from now on. The beach is cleaner and light up and night and safe for families to walk at night. Everything is a short drive. The Dayton House is located just north of the center of Myrtle Beach , away from the busy night life. The pools and grassy umbrella/ lounge chair section is awesome because you can enjoy still enjoy the beach because it is between the hotel and the beach! The Dayton House has ample parking areas so if you come in late, it isn't a big hassle. Broadway at the Beach is a very short drive away and the new ferris wheel is a nice 20 minute walk and well worth doing. I was impressed with the layout of the property because there is ample space for all guests and not feel too crowded! We felt very relaxed our entire stay.

2  Thank WoodzGang
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We stayed here while in MB for a wedding in June. We were in rooms 517 and 617 (one King bed each) in the West building, one block off the beach.
Check in was very easy, very well staffed and friendly desk.

Our TV didn't work when we first tried it. Within 10 minutes of a call to the front desk we had a new TV. Our son and his wife called after their first night to complain that their air conditioner was pretty noisy. Later during the day a new A/C unit was installed. Can't ask for more than that! Housekeeping and all other staff were also very friendly.

The rooms were a little dated, but clean.

We heard that rooms in the other 3 buildings (beachfront) were a little nicer than ours in the west building. I guess that's why we got a deal on these rooms.

Unless you are really into the nightlife and cruising scene, I wouldn't stay any further south than this (24th Street). We were there during Senior Week (HS seniors, I assume) and traffic was bumper to bumper all evening.

Each beachfront building has a pool. One of them has a small "lazy river" type feature, one has a "dry" spa, there are also a couple hot tubs and an indoor/outdoor pool. The public beach is just beyond a grassy area filled with tables and "yella umbrellas" reserved for Dayton House guests.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We do not normally stay here... but this year due to the economy I did alot of chkg around early on and found a great rate on the 1 bdrm suites.. when I called Dayton House I spoke with Amy and she advised me that the 1 bdrm suites had all been or were being completely renovated and upgraded... so we booked... When we arrived I was greated by a very nice man who said can you give me just a min I have a question about your rate.. as it turned out we ended up getting another $100 dollars off of our room rate...very nice suprise... we had 6 in our party... to Adults as in 40 ish and then what we call the kids 19, 18, 17, & 13..... when we made it to our room it was nicely done.. a little smaller than what we are used to but it wasnt a big deal.. and besides we are at the beach... Housekeeping (Debra our housekeeper) was wonderful... whatever we needed or wanted... she was awesome... pools were nice and good sizes, tons of chairs and umbrellas on the grass... hotel was packed but never had a problem no matter what time of day in finding chairs.... only thing we would of changed would of been maybe a dj or something but Dayton is more family oriented but I still think its doable.... All in all our trip to Dayton House was very very nice and yes we would definitely go back....

Room Tip: keep ckg even after making reservations..
1  Thank privateI
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Well to start off check in was soooo fast that we were in the pool swimming 10 mins after we arrived . But when we got to the room I was blown away , they remodeled the room new marble counter top in kitchen and bathroom and new carpet from the outside hallway to inside the room and even on the balcony. The furniture was new but the only things that did not change was the friendly staff and the great service. The only thing that was a little troublesome was the fact the other vacationers did not watch their children very well in the pool aera. I think I found our new home away from home. The tiki bar was awesome we had the big bucket of drink which was good and we were in sim suits so did not have my wallet on me so the bar says ' no problem we can charge it to your room" . Overall I have to say that this place will be my forever myrtle beach vacation place to stay . Nothing there was bad service wise you know even the maintenance people took time to stop and talk and the maid staff was friendly and just great over the top service . Love the Dayton House and wish we could have stayed longer but there is always our next stay! Keep up the good work guys I am running out of people I know to tell about this place!

3  Thank shane_mcrary