2,513 results
All reviewssuites buildingyellow umbrellasyella umbrellaacross the streetsouth buildinglazy riverjohn's restaurantocean frontgrassy areazero entrylawn chairsmain pooloceanfront efficiencyoceanfront roomsky wheelhot tubmurphy bed
Reviewed September 27, 2007

We have stayed at the Dayton House several times over the past two years. Prior to that we had always gone to Daytona. The Dayton House is a very pleasant getaway. We always stay Sunday thru Wednesday at the end of a month because we work in retail. The Dayton House suites provide privacy for a family (couple with one or two kids). The 3night stay discount combined with already very reasonable rate for oceanfront and savings of driving from Virginia to Myrtle Beach over Daytona makes this stay our favorite quick beach getaway. This place has always been clean and well maintained. Our stay this past weekend there was a problem with one of the elevators (ON SUNDAY) and there was an elevator repairman (pol. inc.) there on Sunday evening and the elevator was repaired that night. I would hate to see that bill to the motel. We also observed on our late night walks up and down Ocean Boulevard palmetto bugs. That is the polite southern word for cockroach. We also walked through some of the other hotels. Many of these places had one or more pool hot tub, or lazy river closed or so nasty no one would dare enter. As of 9-26-07 the Dayton House had all their water facilities open and in use. We have never encountered a problem with bugs or cleanliness in any of our stays. We have always stayed in the suites building and have only been in other buildings to use pool or computer.

3  Thank bchbmz
Reviewed September 12, 2007

My extended family of 6 (3 adults & 3 kids) stayed in the 2 room sideview eff suite for 3 nights (Sept 7-Sept 10). The room, hotel and pool/beach area was very clean during our stay, parking was tight & limited for the beachside buildings. The overral feeling of the hotel was very relaxed and peaceful.

The reason I would not return to this hotel is because of the unfriendly staff @ check-in & cleaning staff(maids). At check-in the staff member seemed annoyed when I told him how many people were staying in the room, keep in mind I told them this when I booked the room over the phone.

Although we never had any problems during our stay, we had a feeling that we didn't belong here.

3  Thank Live2Love2Travel
Reviewed September 11, 2007

My husband, Mother in law, 2 year old son and I stayed in a 2 room ocean view efficiency for 5 days. We had such a great time. The room was very comfortable for the 4 of us. Plenty of room for all of our stuff and our sons toys. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The cleaning staff was in and out of the room quickly but they did a great job helping to keep the room tidy. All the pools were fabulous. We spent a lot of time in the zero entry pool and the lazy river. The lawn was nice and never crowded, there was always plenty of room for all of us. There was always parking, it was across the street, but it was well lit and I was never afraid of parking my car there. We absolutely loved our vacation and will stay at the Dayton House again!

3  Thank Dana M
Reviewed September 8, 2007

We stayed at the Dayton House from August 23 through August 26 in a sideview efficiency ocean side.We paid $76.00 nightly and booked directly with the hotel. The hotel room was well maintained with very clean carpet, nice floor tile in the kitchen and bathroom and clean tub and vanity. It was also very convenient to have a full size refrigerator, iron, ironing board and hair dryer. I did NOT notice any bugs the entire stay and this is very important to me. The Dayton House does need to improve on the quality of the sheets because I noticed stains and small holes on them. Also the beds were very hard and uncomfortable. The balcony overlooked another building but you could see the ocean if you stretch out and look to the right. The lazy river and over flow swimming pool were a lot of fun. The hotel is within walking distance of Harry's Pancake House, River City Cafe, Bummz Beach Bar and a Beach Wear Store. Hope this review helps.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank InsideScoop
Reviewed August 25, 2007

My husband's family has been staying here forever and I have had the pleasure of staying here for the past three years. The rooms are clean and VERY affordable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to
anyone looking to spend less money on accommodations and more money on fun without compromising cleanliness or hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family