“Amazing, water- filled course”

Waterway Hills Golf Club
Sydney, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing, water- filled course”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is an interesting and unique course. The pro shop can only be reached by cable cars that attendants put you in to go across the waterway. It seems as if your clubs will be in danger, but they are perfectly safe (hopefully!). My dad and I started right on time and played with nice people. There is a lot of water, so come prepared with a lot of balls. The fairways were very squishy early in the morning. Get an early tee time beacause it warms up a lot. On the thirteenth hole, a huge squirrel got in our cart and wouldn't leave. They are known to steal food and keys and look kind of like lemurs. There's a snack/ drink cart that comes to you too. The cable car attendant cleans your clubs at the end, and loads you into a car. At the end, another attendant brings your clubs to your car. Overall, a great course that I highly recommend!

Visited July 2013

Wilmington, Delaware
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Very Nice Surprise”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I recently went out as a single on a weekend morning. I don't know what I was expecting, but I was surprised by this course. Many of the holes are fairly challenging and the course condition (expecially the greens) was great. I'm not sure who would want to make this a "must play" course on your next trip, but I recommend you work it in at some point. I will play it again my next time in Myrtle.

Visited May 2013
Winston-Salem, NC
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Golf Via Cable Car”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I drove past Waterway Hills for years on the way to other courses... I didn't take it seriously; something parking on one side of the Inland Waterway and riding a cable car to the other seemed more like an amusement park than a golf course. I mentioned it to a golf buddy, and he surprised me by saying that his family had played there for years and loved it. After a little research, we decided to give it a try and are glad we did. It's a regular stop on our beach trips now. Waterway Hills is a Robert Trent Jones 27-hole layout that's been in good condition every time we've played it. It drains well and is little affected by rain. The staff is attentive and is appreciative of your business, unlike some resort courses. The rangers do their best to keep play moving, but the course is very busy so once in a while it can get a little slow. Be aware that there are parallel fairways and errant shots can be an issue - be alert if the course is full. We usually manage to get a great rate by shopping the online booking services. GO PLAY IT!

Visited September 2012
Collingwood, Ontario, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“The course with the tram over the waterway”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

What a gem of a course. A Robert Trent Jones layout that comes with a cool ride in a tram over the waterway before you've even swung a club.

Visited April 2013
KENTUCKY
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Add this track to your playlist!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a very nice track! They offer 3 different 9 hole courses for play. As some have mentioned in other reviews most of the holes run adjacent to each other, but if you have ever played country club golf then you won’t even notice it.

The gondola ride is a unique touch to the course that will offer a good start and departure.

Greens were outstanding! They were very receptive to approach shots and putted very true. The fairways were in excellent condition as well.

I would also like to thank the pro shop for their help in a tight situation. I had booked the wrong course for our morning round—Not only did they get us on in a very short amount of time, but took the time to call my resort and get me a discounted rate!

Nothing but great things to say about this place…. Give it a try—You won’t be disappointed!

Visited April 2013