“Best Fun We had in a long time!”
Review of MagiQuest - CLOSED

MagiQuest
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 188 helpful votes
“Best Fun We had in a long time!”
Reviewed August 6, 2007

My husband and I and our 4 kids went here 2 years ago and they saved their wands and asked to go back every year. Even the 12 yr old loves it (and my 38 yr old husband too). It's set up like a castle with different rooms and two floors of fun. Your wand is swung to activate moving objects, talking clues, duels with dragons, and collection of items. Its a big scavenger hunt also, so you aren't just waving your wand in vain. The wand holder gets to pick a name and an role, then choose a quest, then collect the objects on the quest, then when you are done you can duel with other wand holders. A DEFINATE MUST DO for families when in Myrtle Beach. I wish they had one in orlando!

4 Thank lprstn

charlotte, nc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Magiquest a hit with young teens.”
Reviewed July 25, 2007

My 3 teenagers went to Magiquest last year. It was like being in a video game. The area is quite large and there is a lot of running around to complete as many task as possible in the 90 min. time frame. I actually saw children moving quickly from place to place. I thought what a great way to get your kids moving instead of staring at a TV or computer screen. The inital cost is a little high but they really enjoyed it. My older son had to be bribed to play but I think he actually enjoyed himself also. I did notice that some of the 'magic points" were not working that well but that obviously occurred because they were being used so much. My 2 younger kids are going back again this week.

2 Thank 1momof3
Charleston, West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“MagiQuest is Magnificent”
Reviewed July 7, 2007

This was the highlight of my son's week at Myrtle Beach. He is very into RPG (role play games) like Yu-Gi-Oh and such. I decided to play along. The initial sticker shock was kind of intimidating. It is $24.95 to initially play the first 90 minutes. That includes your wand. The website and brochures show these fancy toppers that (SHOCK!) you find out when you get there are an extra $10. I went ahead and bought one for him. I stayed plain. You pick a group from the descriptions of the types of clans. Then you fill out a "parchment" that gives your name, your Magi name, and contact information. They enter that and slide your wand into a unit that programs it. Once it is removed, you can point to treasure chests in the waiting area and they magically open. That was pretty cool. You go through a training time in a room filled with enchanted objects, watch a short video and then they turn you loose. The book they give you is quite helpful with its poems of clues to find the objects on your Quest.

One problem is that there are so many kids running around, it is at times hard to get around the place. The layout requires you to return to the center of the huge room to the screens to begin and end each quest. Which is a problem since it gets a little congested. Some strategically placed units in some of the empty locations could help that issue. The other thing that was frustrating were children who would cast there wand while you were attempting to cast. Then you don't know who "got" the object. It is awful when your child goes to the screen at the end to find out that he missed one item and you have to go back.

The 90 minutes are addictive and fun-filled. Don't let the comments above deter you, but use them to avoid that crowd and be aware of what to expect. I would also suggest the staircase by the treehouse instead of the one by the castle. It's far less congested.

The end of your journey takes you out of the main part of the facility and into (surprise!) a gift shop where you can buy clothing and wares for your wand. There is a dueling platform to cast spells. The employees that I bought the wands from initially didn't tell me that you get 3 free duels with the 90 minute purchase. So, we traded in our coins earned during the Quest to get 3. That gave us 6 duels which were fun, but took a long time. The second day we went (yes we had to go back before we left!) I found this secret out from another mom AFTER I had paid for 4 duels for each of us. That gave us 7 duels which was grueling after 90 minutes of running around and then standing in line an hour to wait our turn. There is a sign posted that says only 2 duels at a time per customer. That was not at all monitored and the computer system that is smart enough to know when you're casting your wand at something should be set to police that. We went ahead and dueled all of our 7 to just get out of there and basically chose spells that killed us faster. It wasn't as fun as the night before.

Overall, this is a great game for kids and adults. Prepare to be there for a long time and wear really comfortable shoes. Flip flops not recommended as kids running around don't watch out for where they are running. Enjoy!

13 Thank jullz72