“GREAT IDEA”
Review of MagiQuest - CLOSED

MagiQuest
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Not only did our kids LOVE this, but we really got in to it too! Well worth the money. Does take 3 to 4 hours of time.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Can I start by saying why did they not have a place like this when I was a kid?! :-)

My kids got their Magiquest introduction at Great Wolf Lodge 2 years ago. I thought the wands were a bit pricey at that time. Since they told us that the wand keeps all the data on it till you come back for a return visit, I confiscated their wands as soon as we left Great Wolf Lodge so they can't destroy/lose them. When I saw MagiQuest while researching local attaractions for Myrtle Beach, the kids were over the moon that they would be able to continue their quests.

To our dismay, we found out Great Wolf Lodge has separate quests than MagiQuest, so kids couldn't continue their quest from two years back, but they could start a new quest here. They are older now and can read/follow the clues, so I let them loose. The atmosphere is much better here since the whole building is dedicated to MagiQuest unlike Great Wolf Lodge where the magic stations were stranded in halls and staircases. My daughter needed some help with the clues and mommy was more than willing to get her hands on the wands! ;-) (Big Harry Potter fan)

We played for 90 minutes the first day and went back again for 2 more hours of playtime to complete all 12 quests! Kids are now Grand Magis. :-)

Really fun for kids once they get the hang of it. Ask for the map and also study the map before you start the quests. Also, I saw on their website that a Facebook check-in gets kids two free duels, so I obliged. Overall, lot of fun.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is much bigger than the one at Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg. It can be expensive for your first visit since you have to buy a wand, but after that the prices aren't too bad and the kids have a blast.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

good time for your youngsters. price is reasonable but charging the parents for following there own kids is hard to accept.

3  Thank mike o
See more reviews
Reviewed July 13, 2013

It's a lot to pack in with the time frame, but you can continue quest later. My son is 6 and loved the interaction. It was a bit crowded, and there is no way to complete everything in one trip. Ask for a map of the place, and understand where everything is before your time starts, this will eliminate ALOT of confusion. Overall, good experience. I am sure we will be returning.

1  Thank tim h