“Great Fun, Awesome Scenery and Graphics, Bring Lots 'O Money!!!!”
Review of MagiQuest - CLOSED

MagiQuest
Colfax, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Fun, Awesome Scenery and Graphics, Bring Lots 'O Money!!!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

My daughter had her 10th birthday and we visited there. The staff was friendly and helpful, in costume too. From the moment you enter, you feel like you are entering an adventure. Picking a wand, you may also pick a topper (for an additional price), and begin your training.

This experience is much more comfortable for older kids I think, 8 and up. Smaller kids, will definitely need help and parents may come in with the children for a minimal amount ($5), which is not too bad. The initial cost can be very expensive, especially if you have multiple kids though. From $27-$35 ea. or more It all depends on how long you play and the wand you choose. There are coupons all around the Myrtle Beach area for this game. Get one, every little bit helps.

My daughter and her BFF absolutely LOVED the game! It is very energizing and the kids and adults really get into it and get a lot of exercise running here and there, up and down!
The interior is very well done as well. It is a castle, a treehouse, a hut, a dungeon, crypt, and dragon's lair along with many others! There are cast members all around in case you need help, and they are very friendly and helpful!

You will not be able to complete all the quests in 1-2 hours. (Very strategically planned by MagiQuest :) ), so be ready for a return visit, especially if your child loves it like mine did!
The return price is not too expensive, but affordable. $12 for 1 hr, or $18 for 2 hrs.? Parents have to pay 2 times in a row, but the 3rd visit is FREE, (also planned :) they know your kids will be hooked!)

It is a fun place, and there are benches for tired parents to rest. But it is so interesting to see all the places and hidden things, that it's hard to stay put!
Hope this helps you. Enjoy and Use your powers wisely! :)

Visited July 2011
4 Thank ncartgirl

Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Loads of fun for all!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

My husband and I accompanied our 9 year old daughter to Magiquest. We all had a great time. We decided to go back the next day. This is a very unique attraction. It is pricey but worth the money. It was $45 for the wand, topper and 90 minutes of play for my daughter and admission for 2 adults. She definitely needed help getting the hang of it. We went at noon on a Thursday. It was not too crowded. It began getting more crowded toward the end of our visit but still not bad. I would probably avoid early evening or rainy days. It would be frustrating if it were very crowded with people rushing around and bumping in to each other.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank vwb11
Naperville
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Son had a great time”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Great place for kids. Son was excited by the size of the place. Had trouble with wand initially but staff was very helpful and they reset his game time.

2 Thank pat-trish
Easton, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Even adults can have a blast here!”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

My boyfriend and I are both in our mid twenties and we both really enjoyed the experience. We had fun picking out our wands and trying to figure out which wand topper gave us the best abilities. All of the staff members were courteous and knowledgeable. We got a wand, topper, and 90 minutes of play time for about $40. In that time we were able to complete four rune quests and one adventure, so I feel that the amount of time you get is more than sufficient. They also offer a free garden quest that is scattered about in the landscaping around Broadway at the Beach. All in all, it's a lot of fun and great value for the money. Plus you can keep the wand to use at other locations.

Visited June 2011
3 Thank princspeach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2011

My kids (9 & 13), my husband and I love this place. It's a lot of fun. The only negatives I could say is that if it is too crowded it DOES get frustrating; and it is very expensive.

2 Thank Cheribouma