“Great Accomodations!”

Ranked #16 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
United States
“Great Accomodations!”
Reviewed June 6, 2009

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, ocean view for 5 nights.

The roads to the hotel were clearly labeled, as was the building and parking deck. We had no problems finding where to be. We were able to check in early without any problems. The check in process was quick. The elevators were fast as we never had to wait longer than a minute. The hotel was quiet. We never saw anyone else on our floor the entire week. The room upon check in was immaculate. The space was larger than the photos represent. The kitchen was well equipped. They even provided dish soap and dishwasher soap. The appliances were in good working order and updated. The living room was large with plenty of seating and cabinets for extra storage if needed. The dining room was large and offered an 8 person table. Each of the 2 bedrooms were clean, large and very comfortable The beds were pillow top. Pillows were plentiful. Closets were large walk in with a large space to hang up items. Our safe in the master bedroom was not working properly. The kitchen telephone was also not working properly. There were 2 other phones though, one in each bedroom. There were 3 TV's, each a large flatscreen. There was also a DVD player. The laundry room was useful and handy to have especially after days on the sandy beach. Our view of the ocean was great. Our balcony was angled so if you were standing or sitting at the table on the balcony you could see the waves roll in. You could also see the ocean if you were laying on the left side of the bed in the master room. Overall I was very impressed with the room and the value. I felt like Julia Roberts in pretty woman.

The pools were nice. There were always plenty of pool towels to use. Beach access was good. My 3 yr old especially liked the Splash waterpark that was free for us to use but part of kingston plantation hotel. The only draw back was the walk... a stretch for a tired 3 yr old. The beach was clean. It is not a private beach, but it was not crowded. The lifeguards rent chairs. Too bad hilton didn't provide their guests with chairs. Not too big a deal though.

For the most part staff was very friendly. The counter person was always nice. Housekeeping our first 2 nights was great. The next couple days we had to call around 3pm to request service and then it was only minimal - towels / garbage / etc. 2 complaints - We requested clean sheets for 1 bed b/c my 3 yr old had a small accident and instead of staff changing the sheets they just handed us the sheets. And when my husband went to use a cart to load up our stuff the bellman made a fuss about him taking the cart for a 2nd trip saying that cart belonged to Hilton and others belonged to Royale Palms... The cart was in the Royale palms with the rest of the carts. The bellman should have asked my husband if he needed help instead of telling him where to return the cart.

Overall, I would definitely return to this hotel and look forward to trying other Hilton Hotels. This hotel was exceptional and a good value as well!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank OurFamOfFive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed June 1, 2009

My family and I had a wonderful time at the Royal Palms Condos. I have to admit like most people I read the reviews and was a little nervous about my stay. But, when we arrived it was absolutely perfect. The rooms/condos are just as they appear in the pictures on the website. The service was wonderful. Everyone was polite and helpful. The pools were great and access to the beach was easy to get to right off of hotel property. The atomsphere around the entire hotel complex says nothing but pure luxury.

The only problem we had was a $50 per day charge for incedentals that was not disclosed to me at check-in and there were no signs informing us about this charge either. But after talking to the manager, everything was taken care of. So, just make sure you watch for this charge or make sure that this charge will be credited back at check-out.

So when reading reviews of past guest, please consider the source and realize that some people are hard to please and sometimes just want something to complain about. I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank excitedtravler
Washington, DC
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Well, let me first say, this is a nice hotel. The rooms are wonderful if you plan to stay in the condos. You get a full size kitchen with granite counter tops and everything you will need to cook. You also get a wonderful dining room and family room seperate of course but both with wonder views of the ocean. A wide balacony and two or three wonderfully size bedrooms. The master is beautiful with a pretty bathroom.

Now the down size of it. The front dest staff is horrible. When you call the operator it take them at least 10 mins to answer the phone. Sometimes you have to hang up and call again before they will answer the phone. (Two or three times)

Some of the staff at the front desk, has an attitude of they are better than you the client. WOW...I have never seen such rudiness and don't let me get started on the concierge. This is suppose to be a family resort and when you asked them about different things to do with the family outside of the resort...they do not know anything. Especially a woman in particular. She has numerous awards from employee of the month to year. I don't know how they rate her...I guess she voted for herself and no rejected her vote.

Management will take care of most issues for you but in the end if you have patients and don't need anything from the front dest staff then you should stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
buffalo, ny
Reviewed May 19, 2009

The previous reviewer is incorrect: the Royal Palms and the Hilton Hotel are NOT one and the same. They are connected, but if you book the condos you get the condos, if you book the hotel, you get the hotel. I booked our room on line then called the resort to be sure we were in the condos because of the reviews of the hotel. We stayed only in a "guestroom" at the Royal Palms, not a complete condo. It was spacious, clean, and nicely appointed. There was a small refrigerator, a microwave, sink, and dishes and glasses. The bathroom was spacious. We took the "bed and breakfast" package and had a lovely breakfast every morning. It is located in a nice secluded area directly on the ocean. The day time staff was helpful; evening staff a bit grouchy. We had a lovely stay and plan to return next year.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wnytraveler09
Detroit, MI
Reviewed May 15, 2009

Not sure what Stevie review was all about. My husband and I stayed at the Royale Palms the exact same weekend (May 8th-10th) and found that a)The towel hut was always open when we were at the pool (10am - 4pm) and was staffed by a very friendly lady, b)We lounged next to the pool bar and it was very much open and staffed by numerous bartenders and waiters, c)We are are Hilton Honors members and received 6 vouchers for a free continental b-fast at the same Cafe mentioned in the previous review. Now we could have added an omlette for $7 as mentioned but we were perfectly satisfied with the bowl of fresh fruits (tons of berries!!), Pastry plate (waitress brought an extra when asked), fresh OJ and coffee. I honestly do not understand how their experience in these aspects were bad unless they frequented the spots super early or super late???
As for the rest of my stay I was very impressed by the granite counters and well equipped kitchen, beautiful master bedroom and spacious quarters. We stayed in the 2 bedroom condo with another couple and felt we had plenty of privacy. The pool and beach were incredible especially since the weather was fantastic. The hotel is secluded from the downtown action however I like being secluded and would rather take a trip to Ocean Blvd and experience the excitement so I can come home to a calm resort.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank starcyn
Riverview, Florida
Reviewed May 8, 2009

First of when I booked I did not realize the Royale Palms and the Hilton are one and the same - two connected towers. Read their ratings also. I got a great rate and did not understand that should have been suspicious.

First you are greeted by an absolutely scary parking garage that was built conserving on crete. It is just shy of bumper cards because traffic can not turn in both directions at the same time.

My room was a major disappointment and did not look anything like the other pictures on this website. As Hilton DIamond I was supposed to be upgraded when available. The hotel was clearly not full but they did not upgrade. The room was diescribed as oceanview. That is stretching the truth. Unlike what others described if you go on the balcony and lean out and look to the left then you can see the ocean otherwise you have views of other rooms. As a person not comfortable with heights I did not lean out over the balcony.

In all my travels I have never encountered a hotel where the toilet had not been cleaned from the prior guests so that was a first.

My phone and Internet both did nto work. I tried calling the operator and guests ervices again and again with no answer. There was supposedly a manager on duty but clearly there was not. I left a message for the general manager's office and later the next day they fixe dmy phone. Then the Internet company fixed the connection.

The jacuzzi was out of order my entire stay. No sign apologixing eventually they put a piece of the fence over the stairs. Very unprofessional.

The towel shack was never open but apprently it is at some time because there were literally mounds of wet towels that the staff had not taken in piled around the pool when the hampers overflow. .

I am not a big drinker but when at the beach I like a tropical drink. It was strange staying in a beach hotel where all the bars were closed and you could not get any drink. I can't recall when I stayed in a hotel this size that did not have a bar.

The Cafe Amalfi as a major disappontment. I paid $7 for one scrambled egg when I could have gotten it in room service for $4.

The onyl good thing was the front desk staff and the concierge but after that the property was lacking for service, housekeeping and maintenance

If you are thinking of staying here check around.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
6 Thank Stevied888
west virginia
Reviewed March 4, 2009

WOW!!!! This place was beautiful! The rooms, words just can't explain it! Granite countertops, huge rooms, cmfortable beds, clean all together! The pool area is awesome, the bar is right in the middle of the 2 pools. Great entertainment, sand pool w/ waterfall for the kids, the food was great, very very friendly staff. I perfer Florida better but staying here made my myrtle beach trip wonderful! I stayed at most of the nice places there including sea watch, beach cove,ocean reef, and this by far is the most nicest place you will fine!!!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family