“Amazing”

Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton
Ranked #19 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My new slogan for you all is "Hilton has a heart". I spent extra money for a special getaway for my family ($388 per night). This was our last vaca for this summer and I wanted it to be extra nice. My 15 year old son was to have heart surgery on 7/26 (Saturday). Well UNC Hospital calls me while we are on vacation and informs me of a scheduling error. So, needless to say I had to leave that day for my son to have his surgery on 7/24 (Thursday). I went down to the lobby and I spoke to the manager on duty and I explained my situation. I was hoping to receive a credit for a future visit. Instead he didn't charge me for this last minute change as long as I was out of the room by 4:00. We packed up everything but choose to enjoy the resort amenities for a few more hours. I realized at that moment Hilton is not only about the mighty dollar. I have been telling all of my family and friends about this place. I share with them how beautiful the room and resort was. I brag about feeling so relaxed and comfortable. But, I mostly share the human side of this facility.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Michelle M

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Children riding bicycles in lobby, what an insurance liability! Hotel was dirty, walls dirty view was a parking lot when reservation was made I was told ocean view by Hilton reservation desk I am a hilton Honors Member with points and this is how I was treated as a paying guest! My husband and I were shocked I guess there is no loyalty ! Then they wanted to have me pay double for another room, that did it I left on my own to find lodging on my own, of course on the day in question no rooms in the area for my husband and I we traveled an additional 30 miles ans found a nice place to rest for the night!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Vivian B
GeneralManager15, Manager at Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

We truly value your loyalty as a rewards member and appreciate your input. We regret that we could not serve you during the duration of your trip and are working very closely with our staff regarding the cleanliness issues you encountered. We truly hope we'll have a second chance to make a great first impression and invite you back for comfort you expect and deserve.
Kind regards, Randy DeVaux

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed here for a recent conference at the Embassy Suites, and chose the Hilton because of prior excellent experiences, this hotel, however did not live up to its predecessors. The hotel was disappointing for a Hilton. We had not wireless for the first 2 days, and after that is was only spotty for our laptops only, we were never able to get our phones on the wireless. Hilton comped us the cost of the wireless, but owning a business, wireless is a necessity. We stayed at the Royale Palms (with a kitchen) that had a kitchen light that worked intermittently and a sink that you had to wiggle to turn off. The first night the sheets were full of sand when we pulled back to go to bed; the staff however was prompt in their arrival to change the sheets as well as to provide additional linens. The pool was crowded, but that's to be expected in the middle of summer. The cabana was not a great value, in comparison to other hotel cabanas, but nice if you need a place to rest with a fan while lounging. The staff was very attentive, willing to make special arrangements and accommodations as within their abilities.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We rented from owner/KC Management properties. They were extremely rude and we could not participate in any amenities on the property. Make sure that you rent through Hilton so you can use the pools, spa, maid service, etc.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Randielaw

Thank you for this post regarding Royale Palms. We do encourage guests to reserve their rooms through Hilton so that all amenities can be enjoyed throughout the entire Kingston Resorts property. This would include, but are not limited to, our many pools and cabanas, Sport & Health Club, SPLASH Waterpark, Exercise Room and 24-hour Business Center. We hope you will visit us again when your travels return to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Sincerely, Randy DeVaux

Reviewed July 17, 2014

unfortunately the service was lacking too many people and not enough help..pool bar was just a waste waiting for one fish sandwich for 1 hr and half was unacceptable...employess using the same excuse that it was there busy season all the more to be prepared I would think..hotel location was just beautiful

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stevekQ5411HG
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The Royale Palms is okay! We had two adults and three kids (16, 13, 6). First off, its not our first visit, but our first review. The Royale Palms is nice and the condo was spacious. Put the kids to bed on one side and had the other side to ourselves. We are a nonsmoking family and after waking up one morning on the 17th floor we could smell cigarette smoke in our bathroom. We called down and was informed the person next door was an owner. They moved us to the 24th floor and we had no smoke odors the rest of the trip. The condo was great and clean and we loved it, especially the huge balcony.
The pools are a little different. We loved the sand pool as well as the other pool that was on the other side of the bar. The problem is they are too small for the crowds. I would wake up at 630 to go get coffee and notice people already saving pool chairs. There are way too many pool chairs for all of they guests. The rent-a-cops would not take towels or anything else, even though it is posted they would. Basically, they check coolers!! Don't bring a cooler to the pool. You will need to disguise it as a purse or something, they will check it.
The water park that is included is located about 200 yards down the boardwalk from the condos. Its not that big of a trip but I really wish they had something on site. The little one loved it!
The bar is great but expensive. 10 bucks for a drink and 5 bucks for a beer. Pack a cooler!
The food at bar is good but if you are feeding little ones then head back to the room and pack a sandwich.
We had Hilton tickets for the breakfast each morning and it was great. What they don't offer you, they will make it for you. We would eat a huge breakfast each morning then head to town for supper.
Overall, I would stay here again. However, for the price they should include wifi for free. It is expensive, especially once you pay for parking.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Philip S
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Was very happy with the deal that I got on my trip to Myrtle Beach, SC. Reservations were made at the last minute and was able to get the room that I wanted, and the deal was spot on! Was able to get a "bundled" deal to include free parking and daily breakfast at a Hilton Resort during the July 4th rush.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple