My wife and I booked a condo through Hilton Vacation Club and were placed at the Hilton Royal Palms that is connected to the Hilton Hotel on Myrtle Beach, NC. Headliner: NO CUSTOMER SERVICE OR OWNERSHIP BY MANAGEMENT.
Upon arrival, I pulled in front of Hilton Hotel while checking in. When we started to pull off to park the car, a maid's broom flew off the 14th floor (outside hallways) and drilled the trunk of our 2013 vehicle leaving a large and small dent. The valet ran over and called manager. Another guest came down who witnessed the entire event as Security took statements from all of us. The manager stayed a few seconds, never said he was sorry and then disappeared.
We parked and went to the room to discover it was not the condo we had been sold but a standard hotel room. I called front desk and was told they were sold out and that I would have to take it up with Hilton Vacation Club. We went ahead and unpacked but noticed the room was not cooling off. Called the front desk again and they sent maintenance while we went to dinner. Came back and found a note that they wanted to move us to another hotel room that night but we just opened the sliding glass door and went to sleep. Later that night we heard someone trying to come in the room that turned out to be maintenance....told them to come back tomorrow.
Spoke with Director of Loss Prevention and the Director of Operations the next day and was told that Hilton was not responsible for the damage the maid's broom caused to our car. I was told by the Director of LP, "it is like if you went to Wal-Mart and someone busted out your window...they would not be responsible". Of course this was absurd and we wasted another day going back and forth with management. They obviously did not understand the common law of negligence "res ipsa loquitur" (the thing speaks for itself)
After relaying all this information to the Director of Operations, he neither apologized nor took any responsibility....quotes, "we just run the place, you need to take it up with the owners of the building", "Hilton has nothing to do with Hilton Vacation", "we have motion-sensors in the room that turn your AC off when not there (this was a blatant lie for our room 1606H)", "nothing I can do about it" etc, etc etc. No apologies, no ownership, no customer care or effort to resolve the problem, let alone our vacation enjoyment.
Leaving was as bad as arriving....2 out of 3 elevators did not work, no luggage carts, our door lock battery died after our first trip down with luggage and we had to wait until maintenance and then security came up and manually open the door. No apologies, no responsibility, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.
CONCLUSION: We are VERY disappointed in this place and in Hilton. Not worth the extra money to stay at a place that is a very AVERAGE property with extremely poor management. There were a few exceptions among the workers (pool bartenders were great albeit understaffed) and the valet guys were hard working and friendly. Everything is overpriced especially since it is such an average place...nothing special to justify higher prices.
This has not only impacted our view of this property but will influence my future choices about Hilton Properties. Would not recommend this place if everything had gone right....certainly not if there may be any type of problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton have a great north Myrtle Beach oceanfront location. The stylish Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, condos are located within Kingston Resorts, and are near many of South Carolina’s major attractions such as Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle Beach House of Blues, and Tanger Outlet Mall. Allow our Hilton staff to assist you with tee times at any of the 100-plus Myrtle Beach golf courses outside the gates of our Myrtle Beach resort. Relax at one of our nine resort pools, or choose to work out in our Sport and Health Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Prestigia, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royale Palms Condominiums By Hilton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hilton Myrtle Beach
- Hilton Hotel Myrtle Beach