“Nice place, great location on beach and awesome views”

Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton
Ranked #17 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Super room view of beach, nice ceiling fan and cold air, comfy beds that were firm, awesome breakfast and wait staff. had bands in afternoons and pools were nice, only downer was super slow elevators, nice parking garage and reasonable fees and resturants

Room Tip: Go high, great views on the balcony
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KCale
Write a ReviewReviews (1,123)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have stayed in several Kingston properties over the years. Friends recommended the Royale Palms. The investment was worth it! Great unit, everything clean.... rooms, elevators, lobby, parking. The normal July 4 craziness was so much more tolerable, given the comfort and convenience of the Royale Palms and Hilton. We hope to be able to return next year. Thank you.

1  Thank Mrs_B28117
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great location on the beach, the hotel was wonderful, and close to every thing you need. The ocean front private balcony was wonderful. The condo felt like a home away from home, supplying all the needs of a family.

1  Thank Timothy S
Reviewed July 8, 2013

After years of trying out different hotels and condos at Myrtle Beach, my family has stayed at the Royale Palms for three consecutive years. We have always been satisfied with the accommodations, service, and location of this resort. The condo units are spacious and clean. The laundry room and full-sized washer and dryer are convenient. The oceanfront pool area is well-kept and has had some updates in the past two years. Housekeeping does a wonderful job - not only in the individual units, but in the public areas as well. My only complaint is that the resort charges $9.95/day for internet and $8.99/day for self-parking. While this is not the most expensive property in Myrtle Beach, it is one of the pricer ones. It just seems that guests could be given the same complimentary services that less expensive competitors offer.

2  Thank BabsB72
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here for the 4th of july week ( 7 nights) and we had a blast! The 3 bedroom/3 bath condo oceanview was perfect for our clan of 8 adults and 4 children. We booked back in November and recieved a great rate and plus we are diamond memebrs ( free breakfast and starbucks coffee every morning!) Our room was updated and loved the washer/dryer plus full kitchen! walmart is right around the corner!!!!
We requested actual cribs not pack n"plays and they babies slept great.
We had a great ocean view, not oceanfront but great view! room 607.
The wet whistle on the beach/pool area is pricey so bring your own cooler and drinks...$11 for a frozen drink. As long as your drinks were covered up with coozies you were fine!
The free shuttle they have to numerous places is AWESOME, espically if you want to enjoy a drink with dinner!!
The beach chairs and umbrella's were $30 a day and you had to rent them from the city of myrtle beach life guards.
Get to breakfast early for a line starts to form around 8am

Room Tip: lower floors b/c elevator can take forever and we used the stairs since we were on the 6th floor...
1  Thank Caroline G
Reviewed July 2, 2013

In January 2013, my wife and I was planning our first trip to Myrtle Beach with some friends of ours. After reading many hotel reviews I must say that I was concerned about being able to find the perfect hotel. Trying to find the perfect hotel was exactly the problem it don't exist, but this was as close to perfect that we were going to get. I'm very meticulous when it comes to what,where,and how I spend my money. My search continued until I decided on the Royale Palms Hotel.I contacted the hotel manager Randy, to express my concerns about some of the reviews I read. He assured me that we would be very pleased with the hotel. Much to our surprise the room was more than nice, it had a great view of the ocean with a balcony off the living room and one off the master suite. In fact it was so beautiful it felt like our home. I'm what you would call very particular when it comes to cleanliness, so I was very pleased when I saw the inside of the hotel and the room.You can't judge a book by it's cover based on the reviews that I read, I didn't see any of the issues that people complained about. This hotel is very nice and clean, the staff was very friendly, the location of the hotel is within close proximity to everything. Don't trust any of those negative reviews, this hotel is of five star quality. Some people just want to knit pick about every little thing so they can get something free, or they just like to complain about everything.I tried several times to contact Randy while we where there to thank him but unfortunately was unable to see him. Randy my wife and I want to thank you for keeping your word you were correct we enjoyed ourselves. We had a great time there was plenty to do in the area but we didn't have enough time to do it all, so we must return next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joe B
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here during last week of june. Weve stayed here a few times before and keep coming back. We love the rooms. They are spacious and clean. Washer and dryer are a plus. Large balcony was great. Liked having numerous pools to choose from and being on the beach was awesome. The rooms are pricey. The resteraunt is good and breakfast was a decent buffet. I think the price of 8.99 to park is ridiculous considering rooms are 400+ a night, you should be able to park at no cost. I would give this place 5 stars if it werent for the added expense to park and the small problem of the dishwasher and room safe both not working.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family