“Ron Ox Review”

Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton
Ranked #18 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Royal Palms Condominiums is an excellent facility that can accommodate both families and couples. I have stayed there twice this summer and the experience has been awesome. The facilities are superb and the staff treats you like special guest. I encourage anyone going to Myrthle Beach to stay at the Royal Palms. It is the only place I stay!!

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean View for the best value. The balcony (chairs) allows you to sit and enjoy the beac...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ron O

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed here the first week of October. I got lost but finally found it after night fall. As i approached the entrance It was a muggy night but there was a costal breeze, refreshing. It reminded me of the islands! We stayed on the 20 th floor ,no checking in the key was mailed 2 me prior. Upon opening the door 2 the condo ,all the blinds were pulled opened. I was awe struck 2 have a crystal clear view a full moon that night & ocean,beautiful. I then went out on the full wrap around balcony, It looked as if could reach out & touch the moon! There was some general wear& tear in the condo nothing major,I was very comfortable. The kitchen was fine,plenty of dishes,glasses,etc. definitely could use a frying/sauté pan but I made due. Nice jacuzzi tub , washer & dryer ,spacious for 3-4 people. Very small pool for RP,it was closed for the season but I used the Hilton's adjacent pool & hot tub,cute bar area,a few cabanas,relaxing area. RP is connected 2 & shares a walkway w/ the Hilton. There's a well stocked store w/ Starbucks coffee & other conveniences. The only negative for me was the actual location & north MB beachfront. I've been 2 MB but on the main strip the sand was ok but water was very nice. The beach front @ RP was kinda icky! There was foam at the edge of the beach. The further west I walked the more foam. No 1 else seemed bothered but me. No foam at the main beach ,that day the water was beautiful ,it had bluish green color,like islands! (No , I didn't have any cocktails that day;) I was further away then I expected from the main strip & attractions than I realized. Now I understand such logistics. Was lucky 2 see a few live bands for Octoberfest .
You need a car 2 survive & enjoy all of MB. Plenty of stores & such about a mile away.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Have one of the penthouse sweats and it was extra clean and nice. Everything you need is just steps away. The beach is just seconds from my front door. All the staff has been very helpful. I will be back many more times.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We recently returned from the Royale Palms, and were so happy with everything. The place was beautiful and clean, with every amenity we wanted at a very reasonable rate. The beach was beautiful, and the staff was so friendly and welcoming, we definitely on making the trip a yearly event. Thanks to everyone there for a great vacation!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kerry M
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here August 24th-26, 2012. Due to the astounding increase in bed bug incidences reported in Myrtle Beach hotels, I took the time to read reviews and make sure this hotel didn't show up on any report with bed bugs. While at the hotel, the room seemed fine and we had no issues. However, a few days after I arrived home I noticed 3 red bumps in a vertical line on my backside and a few similar red bumps in a few other places on my body. I immediately thought it might be bed bugs and began doing research to see if you can bring bed bugs back from a hotel (and you can - they will get in your luggage!), so I began washing sheets and bedding and was on the lookout for bed bugs. I wash my sheets regularly anyway, and several weeks went by and I did not notice any bed bugs and then just brushed it off as some weird bug that bit me. However, the bumps/bites were consistent with what I read online as far as how bed bugs bite or "feed". I have now actually seen mature bed bugs on my sheets and I have confirmed that I do have bed bugs. I have now started the treatment process and although it's just started it is a pain and will likely turn out to be quite costly once you add up pest control, protective covers for mattress and box springs required by pest control, dry cleaning costs, time and energy and money for massive amounts of laundry, etc., etc. I am in the process of notifying the hotel so they can be sure to treat the room.

So while I had no other issues with my stay and had a good trip and otherwise have no complaints, none of that really matters since my birthday vacation has turned into an ongoing and costly aggravation at home. After I speak with the hotel, I will update my review on their response and how they handle the situation. I am going to ask them to file a claim with their liability carrier at the very least.

Room Tip: Check for bed bugs
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Leigh Anne S
GeneralManager15, Manager at Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our property. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations. Due to your post, we have reached out to our contracted pest control company, and they have inspected not only your unit, but the surrounding units as well. Upon receipt of documentation from them, I will personally communicate their findings. Again, we do apologize for any inconvenience and do appreciate your feedback. Should you wish to contact me directly, please do so at randy.devaux@hilton.com or 843-692-3116.
Sincerely, Randy DeVaux

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo and it was perfect for all of us. The view was great. We were on the 23rd floor which was good because we were higher than the other buildings and had a better view than if we were on a low floor. Very spacious and comfortable. Loved that there was a washer and dryer. It is connected to the Hilton hotel so you have many ammenities. They have an awesome pool with a shallow sandy section. My daughter called it "little pebbles of happiness". We would spend most of our time there playing with the sand underwater. We ate at the bar for lunch. It was nice but the drinks are super expensive. $10 for one drink! They will come around the pool and bring you food and drinks too. The beach was great! Water was super warm and the waves were good. The location of the resort was excellent. Away from the main strip but close enough to everything we wanted to do.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have a better view. Beach chair rental is super expensive. We bought our own and...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LynnKT
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were so very pleased with our stay at the Royale Palms last weekend. We had a two bedroom condo with beach view. The condo is very spacious and quite lovely. The bath rooms were larger (and nicer) than the ones in my own home! The beach access was convenient and they have several pool areas that you can take advantage of. One of the pools that my children particularly liked had a sand bottom and waterfall in one section of it. The Royale Palms Condo building is connected via indoor walkway to the Hilton which provides a restaurant with wonderful breakfast buffet along with a Starbucks, and cocktail bar. The tiki bar on the outside by one of the pools has a nice and festive atmosphere.
There were only two very small minor complaints that I had. One, there were no paper towels provided in the kitchen and we didn't know to bring them. Two, they are somewhat lacking on luggage carts. There were several stalkers on the morning of our check out looking for carts (me being one of them). I finally had to resort to making a few trips to get all of our luggage. However, those are minor issues with what was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family